• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Entertainment associated with with opposite gender you enjoy?

In my childhood I really liked Totally Spies and, to a lesser extent, The Powerpuff Girls, Sakura Cardcaptor and Kim Possible. I believe that these shows actually have a more universal appeal, despite major focus on the female audience represented in the choice of protagonists.

Other works more aimed at a female audience that I watched were Winx and some Barbie films, with my sister. I didn't really love these works, but they were still entertainment.

Last edited:
Tamagotchi, actually, is one thing I really enjoy that is primarily marketed towards girls, which is always a surprise to me. Fun fact: Digimon was actually created as an equivalent of Tamagotchi "for boys"!

I think Love Live! kinda counts as this — being a very moe idol anime it does target both male and female demographics, yet I often seem to be the only guy in the conversation whenever LLSIF is brought up lol. But I also really enjoy old-school shoujo! I've also definitely played a few otome games in my day (my favorite being Sweet Fuse: At Your Side on PSP), and I admittedly love fashion/dressup titles e.g. Style Savvy.

I used to be a huge fan of Littlest Pet Shop when I was a kid too. I had an LPS skin on my metallic pink DS Lite for several years, plus an extensive figure collection. The latter of which I was pressured into getting rid of at some point... don't remember when, but I do regret the decision now. I wish I still had the clubhouses and stuff.

i feel liek visual novels or at least liek the ones that primarily consist of cute girls regardless of genre usually tend 2 be made 2 appeal moreso 2 men. what can i say im a sucker 4 cute girls and words on screens.

I'm a sucker for the magical girl aesthetic; while the only two magical girl anime I'm particularly into are Sailor Moon and especially Madoka Magica, something about "magical girl culture" as it could be called absolutely tickles my sensibilities in the best way. I love shoujo stuff as well - Revolutionary Girl Utena is one of my favorite anime of all time.

While I suppose I have "masculine" taste in games ((J)RPGs and fighting games), there are some pretty nice otome out there, and once again I tend to dig (some) cutesy aesthetics (Puyo Puyo instantly springs to mind). I guess I have kinda "girly" taste in Pokémon too, with my favorite being Sylveon as well as being a particularly big fan of Whimsicott, Primarina, Tinkaton, Swirlix, Piplup, Togekiss, etc... (that being said, if it looks cool it looks cool, right?)

Though of course liking "feminine" or "masculine" things has no bearing on a person's gender identity.

Back
Top Bottom