• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fanfiction contest sign up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the contest supposed to be... finished already? The deadline was yesterday, right?

Where did they go? I thought the topic with all the stories would go public today. . . Hello?

Incorrect. Today's the deadline. Entries will be published when all the judges are done.

I should finish by next summer.

Okay, I was kidding. Within two months, I swear.

Why can't we just make the stories public today? And have no one care about the top 3 awards until you guys are actually done judging every story? This way we, the reviewers, can do our part on the reviewer's choice award.

Two months is a long time, I mean does everyone need to wait that long to just read the stories? No, of course not.

Edit: Cool, thanks.

Last edited:
So, are you going to post the entries... or are we going to wait 'till they are evaluated?

Whoa, where is everyone? What's the choice?

Edit: thanks.

Last edited:
I'm back, people! After a disgustingly long internet drought (couple days short of three weeks) starting two days before the deadline I thought I'd be sure to see the results by the time I came back online - what happened? Oh well, what's done is done and by reviewing the thread that there's been enough aggression and disagreement on the matter.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I agree with Akiyama's idea that the stories could be posted now because what with entries closed, there's no need for them to remain hidden and it would give Aladar's beloved Reviewer's Choice a chance to get going. (I thought the idea was to post everything as soon as the entry deadline was done anyway)

I'd also like to give my two cents on the judge's deadline, if that's not too much trouble. Clearly a decision has already been made, but hear me out anyway. While I disagree with giving the judge's a deadline because it might make things a little unfair, clearly two months is way too long to wait. I don't mean to sound rude to the Artist Formerly Known as Ho Oh but I don't see how it could take that long, unless that was an exaggeration of course. I don't know what everyone else thinks, but perhaps rather than having a concrete deadline or no deadline at all, the judges could have a target date by which to have the results by that could be agreed between them? I always find that stuff gets done a lot quicker if you're working towards a deadline, without one you tend to just trundle along at an unforgivably slow pace and I've been looking forward to the outcome of this contest for so long I think two months is just too long.

I'm back, people! After a disgustingly long internet drought (couple days short of three weeks) starting two days before the deadline I thought I'd be sure to see the results by the time I came back online - what happened? Oh well, what's done is done and by reviewing the thread that there's been enough aggression and disagreement on the matter.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I agree with Akiyama's idea that the stories could be posted now because what with entries closed, there's no need for them to remain hidden and it would give Aladar's beloved Reviewer's Choice a chance to get going. (I thought the idea was to post everything as soon as the entry deadline was done anyway)

I'd also like to give my two cents on the judge's deadline, if that's not too much trouble. Clearly a decision has already been made, but hear me out anyway. While I disagree with giving the judge's a deadline because it might make things a little unfair, clearly two months is way too long to wait. I don't mean to sound rude to the Artist Formerly Known as Ho Oh but I don't see how it could take that long, unless that was an exaggeration of course. I don't know what everyone else thinks, but perhaps rather than having a concrete deadline or no deadline at all, the judges could have a target date by which to have the results by that could be agreed between them? I always find that stuff gets done a lot quicker if you're working towards a deadline, without one you tend to just trundle along at an unforgivably slow pace and I've been looking forward to the outcome of this contest for so long I think two months is just too long.

Agreed once, twice and thrice. Get started on the reviewer's choices. I've been waiting ages for this competition to be finished with, and two whole months for the fics to be done? That is kinda unreasonable.

Agreed once, twice and thrice. Get started on the reviewer's choices. I've been waiting ages for this competition to be finished with, and two whole months for the fics to be done? That is kinda unreasonable.

I've talked about the issue with Phoenicks; he agreed.

So okay, if no one else posts, then I will.

Yeah! Post the entries! In a separate thread! And just ask a mod to stickify it! I'm sure LightningTopaz would be more than happy to do it.

Where's Mitsuki? It won't finish without a third judge!

First, I would like to say I am deeply sorry to everyone for not going on for such a long time. The reason I'm able to get on now is because I'm at a friend's house. She generously lent me her computer. I only have a little time, so I'm going to summarize this as much as possible.

I would like all of you to know that I did, in fact, finish the entries. I reviewed every single one of them. The unfortunate side to this is, well...Please try not to kill the screen after I tell you this. But, my computer crashed. I had refrained myself from getting on bulbagarden so that I wouldn't get distracted. I told myself that I wouldn't get on unless I finished the entries first. And when I did finish the entries, the computer crashed. I screamed for a long time. A really, really long time. But this was of little surprise to me because the computer was very old and it had crashed at least three times before.

My dad promised me he'd get me a laptop or something of the sort, but he has failed to do so. And now my parents are arguing because of a financial crisis or something, so I don't see how we're going to get a new laptop or a new computer any time soon. I could try going to my friend's house as much as possible to use her laptop, but I don't want to her use her for that. It would be an inconvenience to her and my family. And so, I'm saying now, I'm very sorry to each and every one of you. I am truly, deeply sorry. INCREDIBLY sorry. Because when the computer crashed, it took everything with it. The reviews, the entries, every story I had written during its short three lives. EVERYTHING. I got to release my anger moments later after dad had pronounced it officially dead and handed me a hammer to beat it, after I declared I really wanted to kill the thing. (That was fun. Never really beat a computer before. Try it when it really screws up on you, because, trust me, it will.)

Anyway, seeing as though I can't review the entries and the computer went and died on me, I can't continue being a third judge in the contest. I am truly sorry to each and every one of you. I am so, SO sorry. Only now did I manage to tell each of you. (Thanks, Rebecca, for letting me get on your computer.)

And seeing as though Rebecca is getting impatient, I have to leave. Later in life I will try to get on again (she has graciously promised to let me get on later in life. THANK YOU.), but there aren't any promises for the next couple of weeks. I'm sorry, guys. Extremely sorry. I feel like I've let each of you down, and you have my permission to completely cuss me out or yell at me or do whatever you want. But I probably won't read it until a couple weeks from now. I didn't mean to delay the contest. I am so sorry.

Anyway, I've got to go. I hope this message help cleared a few things up. I am so sorry. I know this is inconvenient, and I'm a total shithead for letting the computer crash. I am so, so sorry.

I am blessed. Not because you had to resign from the contest and stop coming on, but you were sick and non-respodent for a month. You could guess...

Mitsuki, it sucks that it happened but you're not at fault here. You couldn't have predicted that the computer would crash at the moment that it did, and in a recession nobody can be wholly sure about their finances. You haven't let anybody down; these kinds of things just can't be helped.

You know, I'm just glad you're alive, thought you were dead when you stopped coming on. Well, computers crash for whatever reason and it can't be predicted, and money, well we got poor once too so I know.

EDIT: The judges have dispersed, from what I can tell.

Last edited:
Would it be okay if I entered a story I already entered in last year's Christmas contest(and won, by the way...)? It, strangely, fits the theme rather well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom