• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite gym battle theme

Your Favorite Gym Battle Theme(s)?

• Kanto

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Johto

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Unova

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Other/non-remake/BW2/BW gym leader last-pkmn theme

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
All of them are great, honestly. But if I had to pick one, I'd go with Johto's.

Hoenn, although that may be because these are the games I have played through the most, it makes the theme all the more memorable...

Mine is probably Kanto, particularly the 8-bit original. Mainly because it just screams “this is not anything you’ve faced before; you’d better be ready!” with its notably frantic pace and menacing key. Second favorite would be Unova, I think, not necessarily because of the main theme itself which is actually kind of just average to me, haha, but rather because of the famous “last Pokémon” fanfare attached to it which really pumped things up when said last Pokémon was being encountered.

Of the list provided, Sinnoh's gym battle theme is my favorite purely because of how intense it sounds/is. HGSS's version of the gym theme is my second favorite simply because I have the same opinion on it as Sinnoh's; it also sounds great on the DS's soundfont. Unova's gym battle theme is my third favorite, something about the beat is just really catchy to me.

For ones not on the list, then definitely Galar's gym battle theme is my favorite. It's very dynamic imo, and certainly fitting for this region's sports-like theme for gyms, especially the chanting in the second half. Paldea's theme would be second favorite, though only the first half, not too fond of the second half's chanting as, to me, it sounded a bit off at times.

My favorite Gym Battle theme is the Kalos Gym Leader theme. It sounds really epic and would not be out of place as an Elite Four or Champion theme.

I'm gonna have to give it to the Paldea gym theme. All of the other gym themes are epic, yes. But this is the only one that can move me to tears. In the second half, when they start chanting, it's just too much. Most of the time I can't sing along--or even sing by myself without the song playing--because I'm so overcome with emotion.

Runners-up are Galar, Sinnoh, Kanto, and, of course, the final Pokemon theme from Unova.

It’s so so so hard to choose which one is my favorite. It’s probably from the first five games. I love the Johto theme and the Unova theme. The GS Kanto theme is also awesome too. Hoenn’s gym leader theme sounds epic. The bass on the Sinnoh theme goes hard too.

Now I’m humming the Gym Leader themes now because I love them so much.

Johto's Gym battle music in HGSS is my top fave, although the GSC Kanto Gym battle remix is a close second place.

It's the Galar Gym Theme and honestly it's not even close. The energy of a gym battle in Galar is absolutely electric and the theme is a massive part of that. The dynamic progression as you gradually press through their Pokemon, climaxing as the crowd erupts into a chant as you bring them down to their final Pokemon and the Dynamaxing begins. It's absolutely sublime, and though Paldea tried to replicate the magic with its theme I just feel like the infinitely smaller scale of the gyms in SV just don't lend it the same impact.

Galar Gym Leader is really good for me, but my favorite version of it isn't in SwSh, it's the Special Version from Pokemon Masters EX (They ran a poll a bit over a year ago to find the 3 most popular battle themes in the game and the winners got a new remix.)

It's kinda hard to choose to be honest, since I like them all pretty equally. If I had to choose one though, Paldea and Galar are up there for me.

Back
Top Bottom