• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First Scans Of Mystery Dungeon Ds!

Do you guys think that this sequel will allow the user
to connect to DP like Pokemon Ranger, for any reason at all?

I wonder who the last starter will be if it's a new one? Considering the way these games are setup, I'm putting my money on one of the following:

Pachirisu, Aipom, Buneary, Mime Jr, Bonsly, Happiny, Riolu, Togepi . . .

In other words, something cute, small, and marketable. Riolu seems kind of likely, though, considering how much exposure Lucario has gotten.

Maybe not Aipom and Togepi...
If they didn't appear as starters in the first game, why would they now?

i hope we can somehow recruit manaphy and arceus(probably also darkrai considering the 10th movie release in june/july.) by fall everyone who doesn't already know about him(darkrai), will. nintendo's totally O.C.D obsession with a new pokemon unobtainable through normal methods or otherwise, and thus,
bammo! darkrai is recruitable.

I would wonder if the Expedition Dark bit does in fact refer to Darkrai and could even see the game as being the way of activating the event to capture Darkrai in D/P similar to Ranger and Manaphy...

Incidentally, Riolu was created for the role of a starting Pokemon in this. It's a pre-evolution of a Pokemon from the same generation. It's created as a marketable creature as opposed to a proper battling Pokemon, and since it obviously wasn't available to be marketed as such for D/P, it makes sense that it'd get the role in this and future games.

Hopefully we won't have to beat the game to evolve Pokemon in this, though. That was really annoying.

I still really hated how your partner stops being your partner once you could evolve team members.

Last edited:
I hope they manage to incorporate Sheimi and Arceus in some way. I know Nintendo seems pretty hellbound to keep official info on event Pokemon under wraps until it comes time to debut them in some movie, but I sure as hell don't want an incomplete bestiary, especially with my wish of Mystery Dungeon updating to incorporate the 4th gen having just come true. Perhaps they'll keep those two Pokemon hidden in a password-restricted area, with the password not being revealed until a later date (considering the "promotional" areas in the first game didn't seem to have anything special to them, this would really be a nice touch).

On another note, I wonder how several of the new Pokemon will work in the MD setting. I take it the area-evolving Pokemon will just be given some kind of ribbon or something exclusive to this game (or better yet, they could have special evolution caves crop up only in the middle of certain dungeons... you know, kinda like the transition floor with a Garuura statue in Magma Underground/Sky Tower). And since Diamond/Pearl can now allow you to have all different Deoxys forms in the same game at one time, will they incorporate this and allow you to have four different Deoxys, or maybe let you have control over a single Deoxys's form-changing, or will it all just be random like the first game (I hope not... I want Deoxys to be able to remember moves)?

We can't forget that genders just became something that determines some evolutions, and since MD lacks genders, I'm left wondering (I'm curious as to how they'll handle Minomucchi's form-changing, as well). Since MD lacks genders, it lacks breeding as well, so I'm also curious to see if they'll incorporate Fione's relationship with Manaphy in any way. I would also be concerned about how gender affects a Pokemon's appearance, but they didn't seem to do much with that, and on the few Pokemon that actually do differentiate, you can't say it's something that's immediately noticeable. Though, for the rare exceptions, like Hippopotus and Kabaldon, it would be nice if they pulled an Unown and let you have variants (as they're no doubt going to pull with Karanakushi/Tritodon), but considering the official artwork only depicts the males, I suspect they're unfortunately gonna be the only forms present in this game.

Hopefully we won't have to beat the game to evolve Pokemon in this, though. That was really annoying.

not really. The main storyline wasn't that long or even extremely difficult... though, I guess it was a little annoying that they require you to beat the main story when you still need levels to evolve anyway (and evolution does very little in MD other than change your appearance and occasionally give access to new moves, so it's not as if you'd be broken through the main story). Perhaps they did it because they didn't want to make several different sprites of you and your partner in different poses (notice in the post-game, while your main characters are still present in certain event scenes, they don't seem as expressive as they used to be, and if they're evolved, they won't even have a face icon unless they evolved into a Pokemon that happened to play a role in the storyline, therefor already having an icon).

Was confirmed today that Pokemon from the guild sometimes join you on missions
Do we know what level they are at? If it's level 1, we still have a problem. But if their levels are guild-worthy it might not be so bad.
Since MD lacks genders, it lacks breeding as well, so I'm also curious to see if they'll incorporate Fione's relationship with Manaphy in any way.
My guess is that Phione will be recruitable in the same dungeon as Manaphy. Either as a boss half-way up or a wild Pokémon.

Speaking of Riolu, I guess we'll see that Lucario Alakazam mentioned?

And I may of missed this, but are you a human again?

What I want to know is if the storyline from PMD1 will be connected to PMD2. Are you still the same person, or are you some other person? Will you meet yourself from PMD1?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom