• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Foreshadowing of Main Series In Ranger?

Owain

My Sword Hand Twitches!
Reaction score
Hello Blake/Wyatt Hall, i'm talking to you!
thoughts...

I had thought about that connection, but I'm almost sure it's just a coincidence due to the difference in symbolism.

SPOILER WARNING for anyone who has not completed the main game of Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

In Shadows, the character's name was Wyatt at first, but then he changed it to Blake after he became obsessed with the power of the dark gem. After the dark gem is neutralized, he retakes the name Wyatt as a symbol that he has returned to the light side, so to speak.

Meanwhile the black and white motifs in Gen. V are more about yin and yang, showing both as a balance between each other.

Long story short, it's an interesting connection to make, but something tells me it was not planned as foreshadowing.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom