• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8: Fire Starter secondary typing?

What secondary typing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2017- year of the rooster -->oposite side-->> rabbit
2018 - dog -->oposite side-->> dragon (next to it is snake)
2019 - pig -->oposite side-->> snake
2020- rat -->oposite side-->> Horse
2021- Ox??? -->oposite side-->> sheep

2022 water tiger -->oposite side-->> monkey
2023 Rabbit

I don't get this pattern?

Zodiac is okay... but where does the "opposite side" idea come from? I wasn’t aware that it’s a thing... is it even a thing?

Also I’m not sure where 'Yang Incineroar' comes from apart from the fact that it’s black. There’s literally no connection there unless I’m missing something.

Why is there no Fire/ice option?

Also I hoping for another bird or Rodent so we can put the Zodiac theory to bed.

I don't get this pattern?

Every year is a year of chinese zodiac, there is a zodiac circle where one animal is oposite to the other.

Also I’m not sure where 'Yang Incineroar' comes from apart from the fact that it’s black. There’s literally no connection there unless I’m missing something.

yang is evil, found that on the zodiac circle, reasearching the realese date of SM. That was the year of the monkey, the yang tiger was on the oposite side to it.

If they started a zodiac circle they will finish it.

I personally hope for a horse and with secondary ghost typing and a centaur motive.
Hands could apper and be made of fire, smoke or spiritual energy combinig them.
A fire horse with fire mane that could immitate a upper humanoid form with head and arms, that would look like a cenatur, probably faster then incineeroar and slower then decidueye, speed 63 would be neat. Taking that incineroar was slow thiswill rather not hapen in gen 8 but after we get fire/poison(fast snake 107speed), fire/fairy(goat 68 speed) , , fire/steel, maybe generation 10 or 11 if they want to amaze us with something fast then fire/electric

Why is there no Fire/ice option?
is now created. But seriously it is like grass/dark, fire/normal... adds more weakness and doesnt give anything specially in return for what it looses.

Last edited:
I can get it till Zodiac animals, but I don’t know why do you think that animals on opposite side of circles and Yin/Yang is a pattern. It’s stretching it imo.

Imo GameFreak just uses the zodiac chart as a rough 'guide'/inspiration for the Fire starter. They use the animals there as a baseline and may deviate from there. Cyndaquil was a deviation from the mouse, and Fennekin was a deviation from the canine. They do not have to follow it 1:1. Anything else beyond that is just stretching.

1. Quadrupedal Goat: Fire/Steel or Fire/Rock.
2. Ox/Minotaur: could be Fire/Steel or Fire/Ground, maybe.
3. Rabbit: Fire/Fairy, Fire/Ground, or Fire/Electric

And I definitely believe they use the Chinese Zodiac for inspiration. Maybe not direct correspondence, but the relationship is there. Incineroar practically confirmed it.

What I'd like is something to counter water, because for two generations now, we've had secondary starter types that are strong against the type they already counter

Water/Dark > Fire/Psychic > Grass/Fighting
Water/Fairy > Fire/Dark > Grass/Ghost

I'd like something like:
Fire/Electric > Water/Ice > Grass/Rock

A long time ago, about two months before Sun & Moon were announced, I remember I had a dream that I was playing the next Pokémon games after X & Y, and in it the final evolution of the Fire type starter was Fire/Fairy, looked kind of like a bipedal humanshape bird, and had Flare Blitz & Play Rough as it’s two main STABs.

Fast forward to Sun & Moon, and while we don’t yet have a Fire/Fairy type Pokemon, I gotta admit the similarities in the end were pretty eerie - Decidueye turned out to be a humanoid bird that isn’t part Flying type, Incineroar is a physical Fire starter that uses Flare Blitz, and Primarina was the first part-Fairy type starter.

So I would have to vote Fire/Fairy.

I would say oc based but we would end up with fire fighting wrestler themed luchador thing.

So I’ll say snake because then we can hopefully finally be free of a fire starter that is bipedal.... assuming they don’t do the opposite of the snivy line and give it two legs.

And if they do that maybe they could give dragon as a second type.

I just want a fire starter that ends up non bi pedal.

what about abilities??

fire/steel- Gold Touch- induces paralyze when oponent hit it, could be good for a slower user and could get new fire flinching move.

fire/poison- Desert skin: user is immune to moves with sand, mud, earth, ground, stone, rock in their names.

fire/ghost - Soul burn: when entering battle on the start the oponents pokemon will get the exact same damage it made to other pokemon previously. (only direct damage)

fire/electric: I could see a very fast one 125 speed with the Regenerator ability and with Magnet Rise, U-turn and Volt-Switch but low def,sp.def and medium attack and sp. attack. (something similar to infernape but weaker in power). It would be cool if it could set up spikes.

fire/fairy: soundproof, or new ability for priority sound moves

Last edited:
Literally anything but fire/fighting works for me.

A fire/fairy rabbit would be amazing. Especially if it takes hints from Primarina's more quote unquote "GIRLY" look. The fanboy outrage is delicious. Fennekin's line was never as 'feminine' as people made it out to be, to me. We have so many 'masculine'/Cool final evo starters. Gimme some more 'girly'/cute starters!!

"Pink it sounds like you just want a fiery Lopunny."

That sounds amazing yes, give me that. Thanks, random hypothetical comment. :p

Literally anything but fire/fighting works for me.

A fire/fairy rabbit would be amazing. Especially if it takes hints from Primarina's more quote unquote "GIRLY" look. The fanboy outrage is delicious. Fennekin's line was never as 'feminine' as people made it out to be, to me. We have so many 'masculine'/Cool final evo starters. Gimme some more 'girly'/cute starters!!

"Pink it sounds like you just want a fiery Lopunny."

That sounds amazing yes, give me that. Thanks, random hypothetical comment. :p

generation 6 and 7 gave us females in fire and water, what about a grass one? female wolf or puma cougar? Meganium was a little female in gen 2 but others rather not to see.

I really dont feel fire/fairy rabbit after Moon rabit, for me they will to make rabbit intergrate with other starters like serperior, deciduey, torterra, deciduey, dont think ghost or fairy, taking it will be fast like greninja and we have dragons who would fear for their life.

Out of all the fully evolved starter Pokemon, which Pokemon have highest and lowest stats? - PokéBase Pokémon Answers

If you want a fast rabbit then grass/fairy probably taking amount of weakness it brings.

-fully evolved(3stage)-

Rabbit? fire/electric stats: hp 76; attack:90 def:74 sp.attack:90 sp.def:74 speed 126
its stats and speed would match it with others , could learn fairy , ghost and other types moves, could see it using spikes.

for Fairy I see really Goat - stats: hp 76; attack:74 def: 80 sp.attack: 116 sp.def:121 speed 62 ; and would learn sound(grass whistle and perish song) and dancing moves, priority punches, leech horn, it would match primarinas sp. atttack with its sp. defence and venusaur uses special oriented poison type moves, maybe it could get Magic Bounce to deal with Stealth rocks and toxic spikes

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom