• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masuda told us not to get our hopes up for this game. I don't think anything game changing will be included, including a new battle system. I think that these games will just be a run of the mill new generation.

Oh wow really, didn't see that (haven't been as active lately) would you mind linking me to where he said it?

I'd imagine that's just them being worried. This is the first time they'll likely be pushing forward into something new. They're being cautious in their PR. They don't want to hype it up too much this early on only for people to be upset. GF has always been cautious in their PR

I am new here. I want to share a rumor that I found on 4chan, I am kinda surprised that nobody has mentioned it on here. It is really long and it came from 3 parts. This rumor came from someone called Inb4kys. I wrote a post about it on Reddit,but it got deleted.

Here's Inb4kys:
Part one:
"First Generation 8 Pokemon should be revealed at the end of Movie 21. Around August in the new Anime Pokemon: Sun, Moon, Stars, we should be getting more Generation 8 Pokemon. The game in general should be announced late 2018 with a June/July 2019 release.

Theme is weather, and the games will be titled Pokemon Fire, And Pokemon Ice. It will be based on Italy and there will be volcanoes, icy mountains, and lots of caves

New game dependent weather system (Like Sun/Moons time System), And two (possibly 3) new weather types: Ice Rain, Soot, And Cyclone/Tornadoes (May be removed due to controversy. If not, it will create “Horde Battles”. So for example you fight a Seviper but a tornado picks up some tentacruel and drops them into the battle)

There are no loading screens, it is instant transition between areas on the map (may require loading for Kalos though)

Joycons will be used for throwing Pokeballs, Z-Moves, Mega Evolutions, Poke Ride, And Pokemon Amie

In the region there is a Battle Frontier/Tree/Resort/PWT sort of thing at the “Colosseum” where Pokemon battles “First originated”.

Villain either looks like Giovanni (Mob Boss in appearance), or Ghetsis (Like Leonardo Davinci), either or, both are imposing and don’t necessarily want to take over the world.
"

Part 2:

"Around 70-80 new Pokemon

"Starters are a Grass/Dark Feminine Tanuki Which is sort of a trouble maker and is based on a Theif. It has some design elements based on Mario
A Fire/Fairy goat that design wise is actually pretty cool design wise. It’s “fairy wool” changes color camouflaging it into the ground. It is somewhat based on Snake and his ability to hide under boxes.
A Water/Steel “Sea Wolf” Based On a Pirate and it looks very roughed up

Pikachu clone is Fighting Type And is based on a a Gladiator

There is a new Eeveelution

There will be a Fire/Ice Mythical

New gimmick is “Z Evolution”. It is basically Mega Evolution But is flashier like Z-Moves. It allows for “fusions” between Pokemon but it works differently depending on the Pokemon. Pluslite Z And Minunite Z for example allows them to fuse into battle while Mewtwonite Z takes aspects from both Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y (Which would require 2 Mewtwo on your party). The idea is to make a super powerful Pokemon, stronger than any legendary, for the cost of 2. Its sort of like a “7th Pokemon” in a way. "

Part 3:

"The battle system is going to be totally revamped and the changes will be very disruptive.

Attack, Special Attack, Defense, Special Defense, And Speed are all removed

The 3 stats for Pokemon are now Health, Armor, And Stamina

Health works like normal HP. Armor is a literal second Health Bar. Stamina figures into the move cool downs

Attacks are now found in two types. Normal (replaces Physical), does more damage to the Health Bar, but much less to the Armor Bar. Piercing (replaces Special), does more damage to the Armor Bar, but much less to the Health Bar

Since the Attack And Special Attack stats are removed, Damage is now move dependent

PP is replaced with cool down and the battles are now Pseudo Real-time. For example as soon as you click flamethrower, it does the attack right away even if the opponent didn’t move yet. But the cool down is 10 seconds so you have to wait before using it again. The Stamina stat plays into this. As you fight your stamina bar decreases causing the cool down to go up. Now flamethrower takes 20 seconds, now 30, now it takes a minute. So it starts as real-time but shifts into turn based as your Pokemon tire out. Dodging is also a thing now. Weather, items, moves, and abilities, can affect the stamina in game
."

I don't know these rumors are true or not. It is kinda odd that this post came out before Chinese leak came after Christmas.

Here's The Link, if you guys are interest in this leak:

/vp/ - Generation 8 Leaks - Pokémon - 4chan

I am new here. I want to share a rumor that I found on 4chan, I am kinda surprised that nobody has mentioned it on here. It is really long and it came from 3 parts. This rumor came from someone called Inb4kys. I wrote a post about it on Reddit,but it got deleted.

Here's Inb4kys:
Part one:
"First Generation 8 Pokemon should be revealed at the end of Movie 21. Around August in the new Anime Pokemon: Sun, Moon, Stars, we should be getting more Generation 8 Pokemon. The game in general should be announced late 2018 with a June/July 2019 release.

Theme is weather, and the games will be titled Pokemon Fire, And Pokemon Ice. It will be based on Italy and there will be volcanoes, icy mountains, and lots of caves

New game dependent weather system (Like Sun/Moons time System), And two (possibly 3) new weather types: Ice Rain, Soot, And Cyclone/Tornadoes (May be removed due to controversy. If not, it will create “Horde Battles”. So for example you fight a Seviper but a tornado picks up some tentacruel and drops them into the battle)

There are no loading screens, it is instant transition between areas on the map (may require loading for Kalos though)

Joycons will be used for throwing Pokeballs, Z-Moves, Mega Evolutions, Poke Ride, And Pokemon Amie

In the region there is a Battle Frontier/Tree/Resort/PWT sort of thing at the “Colosseum” where Pokemon battles “First originated”.

Villain either looks like Giovanni (Mob Boss in appearance), or Ghetsis (Like Leonardo Davinci), either or, both are imposing and don’t necessarily want to take over the world.
"

Part 2:

"Starters are a Grass/Dark Feminine Tanuki Which is sort of a trouble maker and is based on a Theif. It has some design elements based on Mario
A Fire/Fairy goat that design wise is actually pretty cool design wise. It’s “fairy wool” changes color camouflaging it into the ground. It is somewhat based on Snake and his ability to hide under boxes.

New gimmick is “Z Evolution”. It is basically Mega Evolution But is flashier like Z-Moves. It allows for “fusions” between Pokemon but it works differently depending on the Pokemon. Pluslite Z And Minunite Z for example allows them to fuse into battle while Mewtwonite Z takes aspects from both Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y (Which would require 2 Mewtwo on your party). The idea is to make a super powerful Pokemon, stronger than any legendary, for the cost of 2. Its sort of like a “7th Pokemon” in a way. "

Part 3:

"The battle system is going to be totally revamped and the changes will be very disruptive.

Health works like normal HP. Armor is a literal second Health Bar. Stamina figures into the move cool downs

Attacks are now found in two types. Normal (replaces Physical), does more damage to the Health Bar, but much less to the Armor Bar. Piercing (replaces Special), does more damage to the Armor Bar, but much less to the Health Bar

Since the Attack And Special Attack stats are removed, Damage is now move dependent

PP is replaced with cool down and the battles are now Pseudo Real-time. For example as soon as you click flamethrower, it does the attack right away even if the opponent didn’t move yet. But the cool down is 10 seconds so you have to wait before using it again. The Stamina stat plays into this. As you fight your stamina bar decreases causing the cool down to go up. Now flamethrower takes 20 seconds, now 30, now it takes a minute. So it starts as real-time but shifts into turn based as your Pokemon tire out. Dodging is also a thing now. Weather, items, moves, and abilities, can affect the stamina in game
."

I don't know these rumors are true or not. It is kinda odd that this post came out before Chinese leak came after Christmas.

Actually I think the whole leak about the battle system change appeared before this. Also they openly admit in the beginning that it is fake

Actually I think the whole leak about the battle system change appeared before this. Also they openly admit in the beginning that it is fake

Not that I think this post has even a remote chance of being true, but it could be a joke, much like the USM wishlist didn't actually claim to be a leak despite clearly having a lot of insider info.

Anyway, the Z-Evolutions sound like a complete mess. Requiring two Mewtwo in one's party is extremely unlikely (I get that there could be multiple clones, but this isn't like Type: Null where the lore was always that multiple existed, this is Mewtwo which been an iconic feature of the franchise for a long time). I also highly doubt they would give another gimmick the "Z" name after Z-Moves, which easily could have been named something else had they wanted to save the name for a later feature.

And they suggest in their description of the Joy Cons that Megas and Z-Moves will be returning, which I really can't see in conjunction with a feature that basically just combines their names.

Here's Inb4kys:
Part one:

"

Part 2:

Part 3:

."

This looks so ridiculous and fake. They would never make such drastic changes. I mean, with these changes, it may become an entirely new game with the Pokemon name slapped onto it.

I think they are referring to the screen shot that some fan had posted it.
I think its within the first sentence they say "screen cap this" as a joke and then says "its fake tho"

Not that I think this post has even a remote chance of being true, but it could be a joke, much like the USM wishlist didn't actually claim to be a leak despite clearly having a lot of insider info.

Anyway, the Z-Evolutions sound like a complete mess. Requiring two Mewtwo in one's party is extremely unlikely (I get that there could be multiple clones, but this isn't like Type: Null where the lore was always that multiple existed, this is Mewtwo which been an iconic feature of the franchise for a long time). I also highly doubt they would give another gimmick the "Z" name after Z-Moves, which easily could have been named something else had they wanted to save the name for a later feature.

And they suggest in their description of the Joy Cons that Megas and Z-Moves will be returning, which I really can't see in conjunction with a feature that basically just combines their names.
It is not real, I know the person who posted it

I think its within the first sentence they say "screen cap this" as a joke and then says "its fake tho"

It is not real, I know the person who posted it
Really? You known who's person posted it? Why this person write a fake post like that?

I have a hard time believing this leak. It's just too much change. And, Z-Evolution is also completely nonsensical.

Thank you, guys, for pointing out about that theory being fake.

I really like that I had heard that they rebooted the anime as a movie and the new game is going to based off of it. I think that it is kinda cool that it will be like Final Fantasy with more realistic graphic and more open-world.

I has seen XY anime. I thought it is really cool that it had played out like Diamond/Pearl anime and Rudy/Sappire,because he acted way more mature in those cartoon like he acted more a mentor to his trainers that he was traveled with. I haven't seen Black/White or Sun/Moon,because I heard Black/White have good animation but with a horrible storytelling and Sun/Moon have good storyline but with horrible animation. I am glad I didn't seen Black/White or Sun/Moon cartoon series.

I hope this rumor will turn out to be true if the next year's movie is a sequel to "I Choose You, Pikachu" and leads to a new anime series. I would love to see Brock and Misty in real anime form and I wonder how they will turn out. Possible we will see more of Jesse and Jame,too,because the new series and new games will focus more on Team Rocket. I wonder the mysterious girl is Mew in disguise and she's hiding from Team Rocket,because Mew can shapeshift into different pokemons and possible can take human as well. Maybe Team Rocket will kidnap Ash and turn him into a Mewtwo with using Mew's DNA or Zeraora with using Luxray's DNA (I don't known),but probably the mew (blond) girl and pikachu save him and the mew girl will wind up help Ash to control his pokemon power throughout the series when they are on the run. I think it would good story plot like I has been reading basic manga story,but I don't known it will fit in the game.

But I don't known Zeraora will be in the anime movie or not, I wonder he will be in the end of Sun/Moon series only and the next movie is setting up for the new anime and game next year. I am confuse with Zeraora part.

Last edited:
Thank you, guys, for pointing out about that theory being fake.

I really like that I had heard that they rebooted the anime as a movie and the new game is going to based off of it. I think that it is kinda cool that it will be like Final Fantasy with more realistic graphic and more open-world.

I has seen XY anime. I thought it is really cool that it had played out like Diamond/Pearl anime and Rudy/Sappire,because he acted way more mature in those cartoon like he acted more a mentor to his trainers that he was traveled with. I haven't seen Black/White or Sun/Moon,because I heard Black/White have good animation but with a horrible storytelling and Sun/Moon have good storyline but with horrible animation. I am glad I didn't seen Black/White or Sun/Moon cartoon series.

I hope this rumor will turn out to be true if the next year's movie is a sequel to "I Choose You, Pikachu" and leads to a new anime series. I would love to see Brock and Misty in real anime form and I wonder how they will turn out. Possible we will see more of Jesse and Jame,too,because the new series and new games will focus more on Team Rocket. I wonder the mysterious girl is Mew in disguise and she's hiding from Team Rocket,because Mew can shapeshift into different pokemons and possible can take human as well. Maybe Team Rocket will kidnap Ash and turn him into a Mewtwo with using Mew's DNA or Zeraora with using Luxray's DNA (I don't known),but probably the mew (blond) girl and pikachu save him and the mew girl will wind up help Ash to control his pokemon power throughout the series when they are on the run. I think it would good story plot like I has been reading basic manga story,but I don't known it will fit in the game.

But I don't known Zeraora will be in the anime movie or not, I wonder he will be in the end of Sun/Moon series only and the next movie is setting up for the new anime and game next year. I am confuse with Zeraora part.
Where did you hear about this? This sounds extremely ridiculous and nonsensical.

Where did you hear about this? This sounds extremely ridiculous and nonsensical.

This isn't a rumor. When I am saying this, I thought it is a cool idea that Game Freak is reboot the pokemon switch,but I thought it would be interesting if they add a twist.

Geez, I don't known why you think that I giving more rumors after you guys comfirmed me that rumor is fake after I posted it on here. -_-

This isn't a rumor. When I am saying this, I thought it is a cool idea that Game Freak is reboot the pokemon switch with a twist.

Geez, I don't known why you think that I giving more rumors after you guys comfirmed me that rumor is fake after I posted it on here.
Oh. you worded it like it was a rumor. Sorry that I assumed things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom