• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think those three things are examples of post-game material? Because they are not. The only one explicitly available after the main game is the safari. Which is a poor excuse for post game content just like everything else in the Kalos region currently. And don't dare bring up Looker.

I feel like GF purposely left all meaningful post game content out just so they could shove all of it into the last generation 6 game(s). Unless they add in brand new species of pokemon which is unlikely, not impossible, then the only marketable material would be new forms/megas, story content changes, and the inclusion of something like the battle frontier. I feel like they'll more than likely use the dungeon idea posted a while ago rather then the BF.

Disagree with you. XY had legendary bird, Mewtwo, Zygarde, Looker episode, Friend Safari, Battle Institute, mega stone collecting , non-kalos fossils as post game. None of those are poor and I consider it a decent post game. However I believe Z have even more post game than XY and might have same amount as ORAS but that is my opinion.

Disagree with you. XY had legendary bird, Mewtwo, Zygarde, Looker episode, Friend Safari, Battle Institute, mega stone collecting , non-kalos fossils as post game. None of those are poor and I consider it a decent post game. However I believe Z have even more post game than XY and might have same amount as ORAS but that is my opinion.

Feel free to disagree, but my opinion is those are poor examples of post game content. Just being able to catch a couple of pokemon after the main game shouldn't be considered adequate post game content. Both previous generations had loads to do after the main game. Now that I think about every game from the last generations DPP, HGSS, and BW12 all had vastly superior post game contents.

I expect that Tretta mystery space to be Volcanion. Its announcement is due.
Most people don't seem to expect Volcanion to be revealed next month because event Pokémon are usually revealed in February. If Volcanion is revealed alongside the movie title, then another Pokémon will be revealed around February when the movie title is updated.

The Tretta mystery (to be revealed by December 24th) could technically be Ash Greninja, but the recent Pokémon Fan magazine has stated that it will only appear in the anime. That should rule out a game appearance, and Tretta is very much a game.

Last edited:
Most people don't seem to expect Volcanion to be revealed next month because event Pokémon are usually revealed in February. If Volcanion is revealed alongside the movie title, then another Pokémon will be revealed around February when the movie title is updated.

The Tretta mystery (to be revealed by December 24th) could technically be Ash Greninja, but the recent Pokémon Fan magazine has stated that it will only appear in the anime. That should rule out a game appearance, and Tretta is very much a game.
I'm thinking that Ash-Greninja itself is anime exclusive but the concept behind it might not be.

That's like saying that the anime should introduce an exclusive Mega Evolution. If Ash Greninja isn't from the games, why should its concept be?
If this process involves a Pokémon taking on the look of its trainer then it would make sense for Ash Greninja to be anime exclusive because the in-game starter would resemble Calem or Serna and thus would look different.

If this process involves a Pokémon taking on the look of its trainer then it would make sense for Ash Greninja to be anime exclusive because the in-game starter would resemble Calem or Serna and thus would look different.
That would hardly make it exclusive to the anime, especially with Ash's attire being so similar to Calem's. And do you really think that Greninja is going to have a new look for every attire in the game? It would have to for the concept to make sense.

That would hardly make it exclusive to the anime, especially with Ash's attire being so similar to Calem's. And do you really think that Greninja is going to have a new look for every attire in the game? It would have to for the concept to make sense.
Personally I think it'll have just a default one that resembles the base forms of whoever the protagonist are. Also Happy Thanksgiving Silk!

Feel free to disagree, but my opinion is those are poor examples of post game content. Just being able to catch a couple of pokemon after the main game shouldn't be considered adequate post game content. Both previous generations had loads to do after the main game. Now that I think about every game from the last generations DPP, HGSS, and BW12 all had vastly superior post game contents.
no they did not. i've said it once and i'll say it again: there's loads to do in XY, people are just being ultra selective. a more accurate criticism of XY would be that a lot of its content lacks depth that previous generations' content had. Diamond and Pearl and Black and White both pale in comparison when looking at content (both pre and post-game). Platinum, BW2, and HGSS do have more depth in their post-game, but then again, that's been GameFreak's MO since Crystal (or Emerald if you're a little less cynical i suppose).

no they did not. i've said it once and i'll say it again: there's loads to do in XY, people are just being ultra selective. a more accurate criticism of XY would be that a lot of its content lacks depth that previous generations' content had. Diamond and Pearl and Black and White both pale in comparison when looking at content (both pre and post-game). Platinum, BW2, and HGSS do have more depth in their post-game, but then again, that's been GameFreak's MO since Crystal (or Emerald if you're a little less cynical i suppose).

Sorry I just don't see the "loads of content" in XY at all. As a matter of fact it was the number one complaint ,besides the lack of more new Pokémon species, was that there is next to nothing to do after the E4. And Diamond and Pearl had more post game content then games before. It had completely new areas which also had previously unobtainable pokemon conveniently located in an island with battle facilities that later turned into the Battle Frontier. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a huge percentage of pokemon fans complained about the lack of any adequate post game content. As generations pass by, the games should have more content not less.

Edit: Also how can anyone be ultra selective if there isn't anything to select from?

Sorry I just don't see the "loads of content" in XY at all. As a matter of fact it was the number one complaint ,besides the lack of more new Pokémon species, was that there is next to nothing to do after the E4. And Diamond and Pearl had more post game content then games before. It had completely new areas which also had previously unobtainable pokemon conveniently located in an island with battle facilities that later turned into the Battle Frontier. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a huge percentage of pokemon fans complained about the lack of any adequate post game content. As generations pass by, the games should have more content not less.

Edit: Also how can anyone be ultra selective if there isn't anything to select from?

XY hasn´t got a weak post game. It´s at least decent compared by the general standards of the series.

Edit: I count everything you can do during the post game, as post game. If you only count stuff unlocked after the main story, it is different. But I think this doesn´t make sense, what counts is the total of available activities.
It has:

Battle Maisom
Safari
Battle Insitute
Lumiose Restaurants
Battle Chateau
Legendary Hunting
Looker Missions
Hotel Richissime
Amie
Super Training
PR video making

Then ORAS has got a REALLY good post game.
It´s got:

Delta Episode
Battle Maison
Battle Institute
Battle Court
Trainer Eye rematches (improved teams)
Battle Resort daily battles
Pokemon League rematches (all with Mega Stones and full teams)
Super Secret Base decorating
flag hunting
Super Secret Bases " gym" battles
Contet Spectaculars
Mirage Spots + Soaring
Legendary Hunting (the biggest ever)
Dex Nav
Amie
Super Training

So, in general, I think XY´s amount of content is better than people usually think, and ORAS´s amount of content is very good by all means.

We will see what Z offers (if it is Z) but I think we can be satisfied with gen VI for now.

If there is no Z, I will still be very satisfied with Gen VI (mainly with ORAS, but also with XY, for a first pair).

Last edited:
If there is no Z, I will still be very satisfied with Gen VI (mainly with ORAS, but also with XY for a first pair)!
I don't see why there wouldn't be a Z or whatever gen 6 game is called. Why give Zygarde so much attention? Why give it new forms if gen 7 is coming? Why have it appeared in mega evolution act 4, XY&Z series and to star in next pokemon movie? Volcanion hasn't even officially revealed yet. Plus there are a lot of unsolved issues from XY games that could be done in Z. Zygarde wouldn't have gotten all this attention for nothing.

I don't see why there wouldn't be a Z or whatever gen 6 game is called. Why give Zygarde so much attention? Why give it new forms if gen 7 is coming? Why have it appeared in mega evolution act 4, XY&Z series and to star in next pokemon movie? Volcanion hasn't even officially revealed yet. Plus there are a lot of unsolved issues from XY games that could be done in Z. Zygarde wouldn't have gotten all this attention for nothing.

I think there will be a Z game, just saying that I am satisfied with X, and very satisfied with AS.

Even if there is no Z, this Generation will be a very good one imo.

Actually, I think Gen VI has added more to the franchise than a lot of other gens.

Last edited:
I think there will be a Z game, just saying that I am satisfied with X, and very satisfied with AS.

Even if there is no Z, this Generation will be a very good one imo.

Actually, I think Gen VI has added more to the franchise than a lot of other gens.

Then Game Freak would have wasted our time with Zygarde's forms if there is no Z or gen 6 game. Introducing new forms of it but not making a game for it is a very bad thing to do. I doubt that they would make Zygarde mascot of gen 7 too because Zygarde should really stick to a gen 6 game for it's story.

XY hasn´t got a weak post game. It´s at least decent compared by the general standards of the series.

Edit: I count everything you can do during the post game, as post game. If you only count stuff unlocked after the main story, it is different. But I think this doesn´t make sense, what counts is the total of available activities.
It has:

Battle Maisom
Safari
Battle Insitute
Lumiose Restaurants
Battle Chateau
Legendary Hunting
Looker Missions
Hotel Richissime
Amie
Super Training
PR video making

Then ORAS has got a REALLY good post game.
It´s got:

Delta Episode
Battle Maison
Battle Institute
Battle Court
Trainer Eye rematches (improved teams)
Pokemon League rematches (all with Mega Stones and full teams)
Super Secret Base decorating
flag hunting
Super Secret Bases " gym" battles
Contet Spectaculars
Mirage Spots + Soaring
Legendary Hunting (the biggest ever)
Dex Nav
Amie
Super Training

So, in general, I think XY´s amount of content is better than people usually think, and ORAS´s amount of content is very good by all means.

We will see what Z offers (if it is Z) but I think we can be satisfied with gen VI for now.

If there is no Z, I will still be very satisfied with Gen VI (mainly with ORAS, but also with XY, for a first pair).

Post game content means things to do strictly after the main campaign has been completed. So these are post game content in XY:
Battle Maison*
Safari**
Battle Insitute
Battle Chateau
Legendary Hunting
Looker Missions
*= available before E4 but has further content
**= access to another 3DS required

Post game content in ORAS:

Delta Episode
Battle Maison
Battle Institute
Pokemon League rematches
Legendary Hunting

My opinion is that XY suffered because the lack of post game content; however, I agree that ORAS was an improvement, and at the very least it was a step in the right direction. I don't know what the last game(s) will have in them, but I'm hoping for more than the previous two installments.

I think the thing is that ORAS had a great post-game with a storyline. XY didn't really have much plot in its storyline; for me it just felt a bit empty and lonely. The Delta Episode was probably the best post-game so far (with HGSS being very close), but ORAS just had such a better feel. XY just seemed sad in its post-game, like it was just over. I also think that's where Z can improve. Brighten up the colours a bit. Lots of Kalos is quite bland.

I actually have a preference for the Looker chapters, if only because the story between he and Emma was far more endearing than anything regarding Zinnia and I'd want to see what happens next for the characters...If anything.

If there is going to be any new main Pokémon game(s) revealed, it should be revealed out-of-the-blue on the official Pokémon websites anytime during December 7th - 9th. 'Cause knowing the announcements these days, they usually reveal them about a week or more before CoroCoro reveals them, since they're aware of social media these days. If there's no announcement of a new game, the most we're gonna get in CoroCoro is likely to be the reveal of Volcanion and/or a brand new Pokémon.

Post game content means things to do strictly after the main campaign has been completed. So these are post game content in XY:
Battle Maison*
Safari**
Battle Insitute
Battle Chateau
Legendary Hunting
Looker Missions
*= available before E4 but has further content
**= access to another 3DS required

Post game content in ORAS:

Delta Episode
Battle Maison
Battle Institute
Pokemon League rematches
Legendary Hunting

My opinion is that XY suffered because the lack of post game content; however, I agree that ORAS was an improvement, and at the very least it was a step in the right direction. I don't know what the last game(s) will have in them, but I'm hoping for more than the previous two installments.
But, do you realise that this way of classifying post game content, means you just care for what was unlocked AFTER the Pokemon League? Do you realise that if XY limited the Battle Chateau or Lumiose restaurants to the post game, the game would have more post game, but the SAME amount of content? The fact that they make a feature available earlier on, doesn't mean it is not a part of the post game content, as it is still there, to do repeatedly.

Post game content (or simply CONTENT, if you prefer, to avoid confusions) definitely isn't bad in XY, at least not worst than most first games of a generation!

But I think ORAS was not only an improvement over XY (it obviously was) but that it has a really good amount of content, even when compared to the most content packed games (B2W2 for example). I am purposely talking about content, not post game content, to avoid confusions, as Super Secret Bases and Contest Spectaculars are available from earlier on as well, and are not limited to the post game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom