• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Glimwood Tangle Live Stream

Will you watch it?

• Yes, all 24 hours of it

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Yes, but it will probably loop after maybe 10 minutes.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • No, I'll just catch up later.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • No, I'm not intrested.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Maybe, I guess?

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • WHY IS IT CALLED A TRIANGLE WHEN IT'S A FOREST?

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
I think we will have a usual news posting, though maybe it will be later in the month. Sure, they only revealed Sirfetch'd for that one trailer, but that was also after they had a bigger trailer within a Nintendo Direct earlier in the month. Based on what Sonia says on the website, it looks like we will possibly be having a trailer that at the bare minimum, summarizes the new info. We get to see Glimwood Tangle ingame, and they officially reveal Impidimp and Galarian Ponyta by naming them and showing off official artwork as well as their in-game look. Since she didn't have the info for us right away, I think the most likely times for them to post this trailer would be in a couple of days from now (Monday 6am PST), or on their usual trailer posting time (Wednesday 6am PST). I could also possibly just see them putting the info on the website. But I do think they will be either posting a separate trailer a bit later into the month or adding a bit of information to the supposed one that will fully reveal Impidimp and Galarian Ponlyta.

Yes, it feels very much like a creative prelude to a full news update! Most likely there are some new gameplay elements that they wish to present.
It may be later in the month to have it coincide somewhat with the Hallowe'en season!

Given its the last month before release, I’d expect more info, and definitively a recoup of the information of the stream in a trailer. I think both Ponyta and Impidimp will be shown.

As for the stream, I repeat what I said before, I like the idea and don’t share the negativity of others on the format. I’d have however tried to cover a couple more Pokémon in the same format as Ponyta.

The missing tail is definitely an animation error. You can tell because at certain angles the one on the right has one.

The disappointment of Luvdisc for me was that it was a gimmick mon that could have got an upgrade. I mean they have an otter evolving into a sea lion, so this was more of an obvious link.

Do you mean that you like it looks like Ponyta or you don't? Would you prefer for it to be a separate unrelated mon?

Ponyta has never been one of my favourites. It's just too plain, so this makes it a lot better. I grew to like Rapidash later for the regality in its simplicity, so hope it carries through.

I said nothing of the sort. What made you think I want it to look less like a Ponyta. I was just replying to a post on the previous page that doubted that it was a Ponyta because of the existence of Alomomola and it looking like Luvdisc.

The missing tail is definitely an animation error. You can tell because at certain angles the one on the right has one.

I'm not seeing it at any angle. Got a picture?

I am wondering what the deal is with the lack of a tail on one of the Galarian Ponyta. My brain automatically goes to gender difference, but that just seems like such a weird gender difference to have. "It's just missing a tail" just seems kind of weird. If anything, I could see them doing shorter and less fluffy main on one of them to show off the gender difference. Because of my doubts about the gender difference theory, I wonder if this Galarian Ponyta might have some interesting stuff in the game with lore. LIke maybe they are hunted for their tails or something, kind of like Slowpoke.

It might actually be that simple - the lack of a tail is due to gender difference. Unfezant has striking differences between male and female, whereas Wobbuffet's female form gets some lipstick. It's not always cut and dry with gender differences in pokemon forms.

Anyway, I hope whoever comes up with these ideas for marketing gets fired. The livestream was a good idea, but it's execution was not done very well. As the only new thing (well.. not new really) was a new form from generation one, a pony that looks as if it has been playing in cotton candy too long, it's pretty anti-climactic in my view. Thank you for all of you who stuck it out and actually watched it.

Anyway, I hope whoever comes up with these ideas for marketing gets fired. The livestream was a good idea, but it's execution was not done very well. As the only new thing (well.. not new really) was a new form from generation one, a pony that looks as if it has been playing in cotton candy too long, it's pretty anti-climactic in my view. Thank you for all of you who stuck it out and actually watched it.
Why should they be fired? The idea was solid, the execution just wasn't great.

You slighted me by not showing enough Pokémon in this harmless promotional piece! For this you should be cast into unemployment regardless of everything else your position entails and any prior good performances!

Like I said, this would have been cute and accepted in any other fandom. But considering the Pokemon fandom is a raging forest fire, this was just throwing gas on to it.

I'm not seeing it at any angle. Got a picture?
When the maine is down.
It's kind of hard to tell but the bottom part of the maine looks seperate from the rest of it due to the shading.

It honestly looks like both layers attached themselves to each other somehow on the poor unicorn.

Besides, if it was intentional, why didn't the other Ponytas during the stream not have tails. It's probably just a case of someone using a model that wasn't meant to be seen from the other side or accidently merging/deleting the tail when trying to animate it.

All this talk about galarian ponyta and here I am wondering when impidimp is finally going to get its official reveal.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom