• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

Ace Attorney

"Oh yeah, while we're on the subject... I forgot to bring back that CD I borrowed from you, Osaka."
"Aw, that's all right. I forgive you. Mah heart is big! Big and deep as the sea! Near as big as the Seto Inland Sea."
"That's not really that big."
"But it's got them octopuses and stuff in it."
"I don't think I like your heart."

Azumanga Daioh?

I'll have a string of them.
"Enough of your shit!"
"You mother fucker!"
"I'm going to make you suffer in this life and the next!"
Which character said all these? (A hint: They're an unlockable character in the game they come from.)

I think it was Jeanne in Bayonetta. I've never personally unlocked her, but I believe that she was much more profane in her taunts then Bayonetta was. Preferring cluster F-bombs in opposition to Bayonetta's Precision F-Strikes that she made twice in the whole game.

"Radical Speed"

"Catch you round, dudes! ...and lady dudes."

Both from the same character. Who was it?

I have no idea.

Oh, and in relation to some other quote I used the last time I posted here:

"You are a bad villain. You are not allowed to kidnap my daughter again." *Disappears in a puff of smoke*

Adventure Time? IDK.
I think it was Jeanne in Bayonetta. I've never personally unlocked her, but I believe that she was much more profane in her taunts then Bayonetta was. Preferring cluster F-bombs in opposition to Bayonetta's Precision F-Strikes that she made twice in the whole game.
Well, specifically, these are some of her Bayonetta 2 taunts - the first one is her short taunt with Rusalka (her equivalent of Undine, and a weapon I dislike greatly), the second is her short taunt with Agni (her equivalent of Salamandra, my favourite weapon in the game by far), and the third one is her long taunt (done by holding down the taunt button - this is the same way you get Bayonetta to tell her enemies to "ask your mum"). And yes, she's much more profane than her Umbran sister by a long mile.
  • One of her battle cries when she's using Wicked Weaves is "Fuck off!" as opposed to the Devil May Cry reference of "Flock off!" among others.
  • Her taunts in the original Bayonetta include "Bitch, please." and "You bastard." in addition to "You motherfucker!"
  • And while not exactly profane, one more piece of trivia on taunts: If Bayonetta equips the Umbran Elegance matching that of the Chain Chomp, she'll say "Mama mia!" as her short taunt.
Also, it's so much easier to unlock her in Bayonetta 2 compared to the original, and that may be owed to lowering the requirements for most things in general, too...
Including the final playable character of Story Mode, Rosa.

"This is the path of destiny!"

I dunno, it sounds familiar though. For some reason I can imagine Lucina (FE Awakening... I think.) saying it. Was it her?
I want to say Sonic, but I have no idea when he said that...
You're half right. Sonic has indeed (to my knowledge) never said any of these things, but some other Sonic character has.

"Radical Speed"

"Catch you round, dudes! ...and lady dudes."

"This is one bodacious radical flying machine, dude-a-rino bro-guy!"

All the same Sonic character.

I almost want to say it's that one character from an episode of Sonic Boom, actually. Swifty the Shrew is his name according to my research, though I knew about the episode in question ("Blue With Envy") before searching to confirm my suspicion.

If you know anything about me, this next one should be easy! The question I have for you is this: Which transformation trinket was used this time?

"Gashat!
"Let's game! Metcha game! Mutcha game! What's your name?!
"I'm a Kamen Rider!"
This driver is voiced by Hironobu Kageyama. Yes, that Hironobu Kageyama, responsible for things like Super Survivor, SONIC DRIVE and many others that are seen on this list.

Based on my extremely limited concept of the language, it looks vaguely Hawaiian, Lilo and Stitch maybe?

I almost want to say it's that one character from an episode of Sonic Boom, actually. Swifty the Shrew is his name according to my research, though I knew about the episode in question ("Blue With Envy") before searching to confirm my suspicion.
That's right, Swifty the totally radical Shrew muscling in on Sonic's turf in the Sonic Boom episode: "Blue with Envy".

"Dear [Censored 'cause it'd be too obvious], please come to the castle. I've baked a cake for you."

Not sure. Could be a video game.

"Which means I'm free to handle you."
"'Handle' me?"
"Toy with? Mess with? Take your pick."

Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 286

"Somehow you've died during the introduction training exercise. Feel free to try again but this doesn't bode well for your mission."

Back
Top Bottom