• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess the names of future Pokemon games!

Should be calm and rage.

Also should be the closest thing pokemon has to shin megami tensei.

Also should take place in pokemon's version of brooklynn.

I'm beginning to think instead of Destiny and Freedom it would be Fate and Freedom.

The resultant acronym was apt, as the prediction relied strongly on getting pokemon to embrace it's nature as a JRPG ("Aliens don't belong in Indiana Jones" "Magic doesn't belong in Pokemon")

It’s just a thought, but I think Pokémon Calm and Chaos sounds nice. Not sure how it would work thematically, but the name has a ring to it.

edit: chaos and calm actually sounds better now (flipped the order)

Since you insist on discussing this, I'll address it in the appropriate topic. This pair doesn't work well thematically, they're not proper counterparts. Calmness is specifically more of an emotional state, whereas chaos is more generalized. They're not necessarily mutually exclusive (although it would be weird to see something that's both chaotic and calm). Also, the opposite of calmness (which I'm not even sure there's a simplistic and accurate word for, it would have to convey a state of emotional turmoil) wouldn't really be seen as desirable, they really want both sides of the counterpart to be equally valid. So I would ditch the calmness theme.

A better name choice here would be Order and Chaos, and I actually mentioned this one earlier in the thread but the post was deleted. Order is the more proper counterpart to chaos, where chaos represents a state of constant change and instability, order represents rigid stability. And while chaos does inherently have some negative connotation itself, there are enough positives that they could consider it. Chaos seems very dangerous on the surface, but it can also lead to creativity, freedom, and innovation. Whereas order provides a sense of safety but can sometimes feel oppressive. Definitely some interesting themes to explore here.

It was more of a thought I had with the names, and I didnt put much thought into how it would work thematically. On that topic though, Kalos had zygarde as the order Pokemon so that might be a bit of like reusing themes? Idk at this point

Well other than the alliteration I don't think they really go well together. But again, I do think Order and Chaos would be a great choice, so I do think you're onto something.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom