• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Iris is fit to be the champion?

• Total voters
Iris was my favorite gym leader in BW, it surprised me that she went from gym leader to champion but a lot can happen in two years, I guess. I don't know much about BW2's storyline because I never finished the game (still stuck in Reversal Mountain :sweatlol:) but...I guess she deserved to become champion. I don't know what "Meh... I'll still sweep" means and I don't really think she's childish so, yeah I'll go with the first option.

I didnt really know what to think of Iris as Champion, it really was a surprise. I guess she deserves it because in two years, she got much better at battling and became stronger. I dont have all that much of an opinion on Iris, but it was a really nice change to see someone like her as the Champion.

I thought it was cool how the refreshed some of the gyms from the first Pkmn Black/White.. I was hoping to see some Elite 4 members from the past region in the PWT.. that wouldve been dope lol

I was annoyed by Iris being the champion at first because whatever reasons - whether she fought fair and square to gain the champion title, she just doesn't seem fit to take the weight of the title - how much it means, and how she's suppose to utilize the authority wisely. I know the rival in RGBY was just a bratty kid who became the champion before you, but the rival being the champion before you was somewhat more...believable. We actually saw how his team was growing stronger whenever we fought him, so it wasn't surprising that your rival wouod be the champion before you. As for Lance, Steven, and Cynthia - they're all older and knows how to utilize their role. Lance fights with you against Team Rocket, Steven helps you with the Aqua/Magma crisis, and Cynthia was there in the Distortion World with you until the final showdown against Cyrus and Giratina. Alder even taught Cheren that power wasn't everything and offered good advice. But Iris as the champion...did nothing to help you outside the League. I don't dislike her now, though.

Am I the only one who found the Elite4 harder than Iris? I had my team owned by Grimsley and Shauntal two times before I could actually beat them. Iris was pretty easy, imo. And before you ask - I was pretty much underleveled. I fought Alder in the post-game...and while I find his team fairly interesting...I can understand why people are annoyed by him when N defeated him. But N was pretty tough in BW, so it wouldn't be strange if Alder really does loses.

Oh, and Alder actually said that he was the strongest trainer in Unova? In my dubbed game, he says in a way that sounds like he wants a match with the strongest trainer in Unova - meaning me. And he also says that I'm the strongest to his grandson anyways.

(Btw, that sort of thing sounded way better when Steven referred to himself as the strongest XDD)

Drayden should've been the 8th gym leader. He was so difficult to win. Marlon was too easy even with my team having many weakness to water ;_; I only had one Grass-type move taught to Gallade - and I didn't even have to use him. No electric-type moves either, and I even sent out Aggron and Rampardos XDD

Also, I kinda miss Brycen as the gym leader. He had a very interesting gym and used pure Ice-types.

I was annoyed by Iris being the champion at first because whatever reasons - whether she fought fair and square to gain the champion title, she just doesn't seem fit to take the weight of the title - how much it means, and how she's suppose to utilize the authority wisely. I know the rival in RGBY was just a bratty kid who became the champion before you, but the rival being the champion before you was somewhat more...believable. We actually saw how his team was growing stronger whenever we fought him, so it wasn't surprising that your rival wouod be the champion before you. As for Lance, Steven, and Cynthia - they're all older and knows how to utilize their role. Lance fights with you against Team Rocket, Steven helps you with the Aqua/Magma crisis, and Cynthia was there in the Distortion World with you until the final showdown against Cyrus and Giratina. Alder even taught Cheren that power wasn't everything and offered good advice. But Iris as the champion...did nothing to help you outside the League. I don't dislike her now, though.

Yeah, I think it would have been more helpful to see Iris play more of a role in the storyline. It could have shown how much stronger she had gotten in the two years, so that the being the Champion wouldn't be kind of sudden and instead of just being told that she's strong from other people, she could have been more active. As it is, all she did was help find Team Plasma in the Castelia Sewers, which really isn't much, especially compared to the previous Champions' roles in their respective games.

Dark Blueberry said:
Am I the only one who found the Elite4 harder than Iris? I had my team owned by Grimsley and Shauntal two times before I could actually beat them. Iris was pretty easy, imo. And before you ask - I was pretty much underleveled. I fought Alder in the post-game...and while I find his team fairly interesting...I can understand why people are annoyed by him when N defeated him. But N was pretty tough in BW, so it wouldn't be strange if Alder really does loses.

I thought that the Elite 4 were incredibly easy. I think I only had to use one or two Revives before getting to Iris. Although, I don't know if I've had much of a challenge with the Elite 4 past my first game due to being generally more prepared. Iris is still just at about average strength to me. She wasn't too easy or too hard. The only mistake I made was forgetting that Aggron is also part Rock type, so Fire type moves wouldn't knock it out.

Dark Blueberry said:
Drayden should've been the 8th gym leader. He was so difficult to win. Marlon was too easy even with my team having many weakness to water ;_; I only had one Grass-type move taught to Gallade - and I didn't even have to use him. No electric-type moves either, and I even sent out Aggron and Rampardos XDD

I definitely agree. Drayden just felt like a better challenge than Marlon and was more involved with the Team Plasma conflict. Plus, it still seems pretty weird that after they froze an entire city and a parts of two routes, your rival would want you to get the last badge instead of going after them when they could use that time to power up their machine to freeze more of Unova.

I attribute Iris's faults as a champion to the fact that she recently got the position. She may be a prodigy but she still needs the experience all the other champions have acquired through their careers as elite trainers. As some have said before Green didn't come of as undeserving of the position as Iris did even though he was champion for much less time than she was but the relationship with Green and Red was more about being rivals than champion and challenger.

Yeah I didn't have much of a problem with the Elite Four but Iris mollywhopped me like 3/4 times before I beat her. I also found it kind of a nice change they had her be the champion, as it surprised the heck out of me.

I think Iris deserved it. I'm sure she fought fair and square for it. She is a strong Dragon-type Trainer. Personally, I don't think she's too childish. Blue was a kid when he was Champion, and he was arguably more childish in the original games than Iris was in Black and White. If anything, she's more deserving than him. (Although Blue does mature in Gold/Silver/HG/SS.) Personally, I think Iris is kinda young, but maybe she's ready to accept responsibility.

This is OT, I also thought it was interesting having the Champion being female while there were two female Elite Four members (thus having more women than men in the Pokemon League - coupled with the fact that Marshal is the only one with an all-male team).

I found Iris to be about average when I battled her. Marshal was hard (his Conkeldurr was brutal with its Hammer Arm and Stone Edge). Caitlin was also kinda hard. Grimsley was about average. Shauntal was actually quite easy. (Though I haven't faced Iris in the rematch. Maybe there she's harder.)

The battle with Alder after beating Iris was very hard. Then again, I can see why. Alder is an old man, and he's had years of experience. And as for Drayden, I found him hard too. Marlon was much easier than him.

As for the Gym Leaders, here I'll rank them in how facing them was.

Easy: Burgh, Marlon
Average: Roxie, Elesa, Clay, Skyla
Hard: Cheren, Drayden

I guess I had pretty hard time throughout the game because my team had so many disadvantages. I used Normal, Dark, Water, Rock, Steel/Rock, and Psychic/Fighting. No wonder Marshal KO'd my entire team after sacrificing two of his pokemons. Most of the gym challenges were won by doing neutral damage, and only three or four gyms were where I could inflict super effective hits. It's a wonder I managed to get through all that underleveled...

Ditto that. She totally deserves it from all the hate half the fanbase throws at her.

I'm tired of hearing how she didn't deserve it or how childish she is. Who cares?!!! I love Iris damn it. She is an amazing character!! And her love and compatability with dragons is even more amazing. I was shocked that she became the champion. I was thrilled!!!

Iris FTW!!!!

Re: Gym Leader/Gym Leader Team Predictions

That is the truth and his actual team is jellicent male and some other 2 and hes the 8th gym leader

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom