• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Has Pokemon GO made you get out more?

At first yes it made me go out a lot more than I did. While I haven't dropped the game like many other people though, I still don't go out as often. If I need an evolution item, I'll go do a little walking to make it to the nearest Pokestop to spin it for a week, and if I need to walk somewhere to get over there, I'll play on the way. The only times I intentionally go out for Pokemon Go, is if my friends want to, or if there's a new event.

With the new Raid system giving you a free Raid Pass per day, the game incentivizes playing every day even more. Before this, the only daily events were the first PokeStop spin and the first catch, both of which you could easily do anytime not far from your home. But now with the Raids, you need to find a good time, a good species, potentially have to go to a different area and get more players' help.

It sure has made me get out more since it was introduced.

It did at first, but now it's more of me playing whenever I go out instead of going out specifically to play. The exception is if there's an event like the recent solstice one, or if something interesting pops up on the radar.

Unfortunately now that I'm living in a rural area and only go to the nearby small urban area about once per 2 days, there's not much incentive to get out to play so I'm only playing a little whenever I happen to be around a nice area.

The new area I moved to has a nice pathwalk along a pond with a bunch of water spawns (particularly magikarp) so it's motivated me to take a daily evening stroll to farm some extra candies and hatch eggs faster.

Since I've came back from vacation and straight into the big city once again, I've been playing much more. I'm trying to get myself immersed in the community and have made lots of offline friends thanks to it, which is very nice as I'm not that good at making friends offline.

It's also helping me with losing weight, I've lost a lot. It's not just thanks to GO, but it does help; and there's a positive feedback loop in that I get more self-confidence so I feel like playing more, walking bigger distances and being more outgoing with people, which helps me lose more etc.

Overall, getting deep into the game if you have time is a really nice experience; a great quest to catch 'em all, excercise and connecting with people.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom