• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello, Bulbagarden!

BettyN

Reaction score
Well, I guess it's time to de-lurk and introduce myself.:shy: I'm Betty. I may be a new member, but I'm far from new as a fan.

I first discovered Pokémon as a kid through the anime way back in 1999, and I eventually got Yellow that Christmas. I later got Blue, Gold, and Silver, as well as most of the N64 spinoff games. I also collected many of the cards and saw all of the movies in theaters. You could say I was a total Pokémaniac back then.:lol:

Alas, I was one of those people who lost interest around 2002, when the fad ended and I started to hit puberty (peer pressure, you know), but I still often went back and revisited the old classics I grew up with. Even with all of the graphics changes that have happened since then, they still hold up very well.

I know some people might think of me as one of those "nostalgia fans" who hates all of the newer generations, but I don't have anything against Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, or the like. They're all perfectly fine games, but I just don't have any interest in them. While I have found myself liking quite a few post-Gen 2 Pokémon (and, I'd probably consider getting X/Y if I had a 3DS, because those games just look too cool), I will always be most at home in Kanto and Johto.

Well, I look forward to having fun and chatting with everyone here. Hopefully, I'll meet new people and make new friends.:)

Hey, welcome to the forums :) Being a fan of the earlier generations isnt bad I really like Gen 2 myself. Hopefully sometime I can try replacing the batteries in my older games and play them again. I hope you enjoy the forums, if you have any questions, feel free to ask any staff member.

Hey, welcome to the forums :) Being a fan of the earlier generations isnt bad I really like Gen 2 myself. Hopefully sometime I can try replacing the batteries in my older games and play them again. I hope you enjoy the forums, if you have any questions, feel free to ask any staff member.

Thanks, Shiny Celebi.:)

Both of my Gen 2 games died a long time ago, so I feel your pain about the batteries. I lost many good Pokémon, especially on my Gold cartridge. Not sure if Yellow and Blue still work, or not. (I've heard Gen 1 games don't die as fast because of the lack of a clock.)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom