• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisuian Forms and Evolutions Discussion

Enter your answer:

• Total voters
Considering the eeveelutions introduced in Gen 4, they could technically introduce some ancient dragon-related thing that got lost in them, explaining why Eevee doesn’t evolve in this new form in current times…and could also be something that the Gen 9 could address as something they’d recently discover from research.

But I’d say its something I wouldn’t bet on happening.

Nothing hard about it. Easy. It is as simple as Eevee in old Sinnoh region used to have an ancient evolution. The concept of Dragons, mythologies, legends, and folktales has always been a thing in Pokemon.

Except its not an ancient evolution (Hisui is still relatively modern, since its set in the Industrial age).

If its even earlier, there is a problem with the Galarian Weezing references: Long ago, during a time when droves of factories fouled the air with pollution, Weezing changed into this form for some reason.

Which means Legends Arceus is set around 1870 on its earliest, since that is when the industrial age in Japan began (So i am gonna say Legends Arceus is set around 1885/1900, due to the appearance of Magneton in Hisui and that Galarian Weezing won't be a thing in the first 10/15 years of industralization).

Modern industry first appeared in textiles, including cotton and especially silk, which was based in home workshops in rural areas.

Considering we can change our appearances, the Textile industry most likely already exists in Hisui.

Based on this however, a Steel type Eeveelution feels more likely to represent Hisui going into the Industrial Age. Now, then they can make the argument that the Steel type Eeveelution is a man-made creation, but that the methods of obtaining/crafting it has since then be lost when Hisui became the Modern Sinnoh region.

Last edited:
Except its not an ancient evolution (Hisui is still relatively modern, since its set in the Industrial age).

If its even earlier, there is a problem with the Galarian Weezing references: Long ago, during a time when droves of factories fouled the air with pollution, Weezing changed into this form for some reason.
So? it is still considered in ancient times, they just gave the region a name and called it Hisui. The whole theme of this game takes place in the distant past, before humans and Pokemon began living closely together.

Which means Legends Arceus is set around 1870 on its earliest, since that is when the industrial age in Japan began (So i am gonna say Legends Arceus is set around 1885/1900, due to the appearance of Magneton in Hisui and that Galarian Weezing won't be a thing in the first 10/15 years of industralization).

Modern industry first appeared in textiles, including cotton and especially silk, which was based in home workshops in rural areas.

Considering we can change our appearances, the Textile industry most likely already exists in Hisui.

Based on this however, a Steel type Eeveelution feels more likely to represent Hisui going into the Industrial Age. Now, then they can make the argument that the Steel type Eeveelution is a man-made creation, but that the methods of obtaining/crafting it has since then be lost when Hisui became the Modern Sinnoh region.

The Galarian Weezing design certainly does come across as a questionable choice, and I wonder if they'll ever really explain it.

Still wouldn't rule out the presence of a rare ancient evo stone possibly being in the region, though, considering Hisui itself clearly does not appear to have reached much, if any, stage of industrialization yet.

Magneton isn’t indeed a issue, but Galarian Weezing, even accounting the fact that Hisui could be far less advanced then other regions.

Although I wouldn’t use human history to base a timeline for The Pokémon world chronology and span of time based on technological advancement.

I guess magneton being around isn't that weird (although it's absolutely visually weird) considering the "ancient" pokemon that is modern-day-metal-nut-for-a-head Meltan.
I mean, we also have the Voltorb and Fuungus line that would need to appear different in the past, as it makes even less sense for them to be as they are before the first pokeballs were crafted.

I mean, we also have the Voltorb and Fuungus line that would need to appear different in the past, as it makes even less sense for them to be as they are before the first pokeballs were crafted.
Voltorb were "first sighted at a factory that makes pokeballs" so they definitely shouldn't show up in any historic setting unless there's a pokeball factory in the area anyway. Foongus... I dunno, they could probably handwave that one. All the pokedex entries say it's unknown why it has it anyway, and it could ultimately be decided that modern pokeballs were inspired by foongus's mushroom rather than it being the other way around.

I think we're just going to have to deal with nonsensical ancient nuts and screws, though.

Who's to say that nuts aren't modelled after magneton in the Pokeèmon universe? Though Meltan definetely needs an ancient form if we can find it in the wild.

XD They certainly could be... I guess ultimately the whole issue of modern objects in ancient times is just going to have to be something we grit our teeth and ignore. Unless they contradict the pokedex entries, then grab your pitchforks-- or blame a local legendary with control over time or space.

The Pokémons which are present in the modern Sinnoh are those which have resisted the changes occurred during the evolution of Hisui to Sinnoh. So a handful of Pokémons can be eliminated from the list of Pokémons Probably receiving Hisuian Form.

They are
Kanto, Jhoto and Hoenn Pokémons living in Sinnoh

For eg. Let's take Ninetales, idk whether it has appeared in the trailer but it's present in modern sinnoh. Let us assume that there's a hisuian form of Ninetales. While the wheel of era rotates, let us assume that Hi-Ninatales however adapted to the sinnoh region by changing into the fire type Ninetales which is present in the modern Sinnoh. Now won't it be odd to call the fire type Ninetales as Kantonian Ninetales?

So imo Pokémons from different region which are present in Sinnoh shouldn't get Hisuian form.

I'm not sure if they plan on giving new evolutions to Sinnoh Pokemon, but I was just thinking this would be a great opportunity to give an evolution to Chatot.

Also I think it would be cool to see Chimecho getting an evolution as well.

I remember everyone hoping for a new Eeveelution for Galar since the pattern was that every even generation got at least one. It would really be something if they saved it for this other, completely off the radar Gen 8 game. Haha

The Pokémons which are present in the modern Sinnoh are those which have resisted the changes occurred during the evolution of Hisui to Sinnoh. So a handful of Pokémons can be eliminated from the list of Pokémons Probably receiving Hisuian Form.

They are
Kanto, Jhoto and Hoenn Pokémons living in Sinnoh

For eg. Let's take Ninetales, idk whether it has appeared in the trailer but it's present in modern sinnoh. Let us assume that there's a hisuian form of Ninetales. While the wheel of era rotates, let us assume that Hi-Ninatales however adapted to the sinnoh region by changing into the fire type Ninetales which is present in the modern Sinnoh. Now won't it be odd to call the fire type Ninetales as Kantonian Ninetales?

So imo Pokémons from different region which are present in Sinnoh shouldn't get Hisuian form.

We saw Fire Vulpix, so that theory about Ninetales goes already out.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom