• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How engaged are you with social media?

Twitter, Discord, and Reddit are what I use the most. Despite the former being toxic and owned by Musk, I enjoy looking at the art and memes there. Discord, I am part of several servers and talk with friends there. I even own a personal server with close friends from college. For Reddit, I mostly lurk, but I have an account there. I follow a lot of subreddits.

Used to use Tumblr a lot, but now only sparingly. My main blog, that is. I have a separate one for my fanfiction, but I only update it sporadically. I do check it from time to time.

TikTok is my guilty pleasure only bc I feel you can find quality content there. I mostly watch cat videos tho, lol. I don't really post.

I have a Facebook and Instagram, but I'm rarely active over there.

Used to be active on DeviantArt and YouTube too (before Google bought it), but now I just watch videos on YT and I haven't touched my dA account in ages.

I still hang around TwittX for news and people I follow and I use Discord to talk to friends, but I'm not really active. Social media is difficult for me because people can turn around and say the meanest crap on a dime, so I'm always reluctant to post anything. That and I'm just not a big poster. I'll post or respond to stuff in bursts and then go inactive again... kinda the same deal here really but I'm more comfortable here so I do post more often. I do use TwittX to post Switch screenshots but that's going away lol.

I have Facebook for family and dog pics, but overall hate it. I have tried the new ones like BlueSky and Threads, but haven't really managed to get hooked yet or find a place there. I have Insta and tried posting both game stuff and dog pics on there, but just didn't keep up with it.

I keep forgetting people count Youtube as social media, but all I do there is watch videos. I don't really comment or anything.

Overall I keep wanting to be more active on socials because beyond all the bad I have seen how others have made great friends or built real communities on it, but it's still too nerve-wracking for me and my social skills are horrible even online.

Back
Top Bottom