• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Old Are You, Pokemon Fans?

How old are you? What age group are you in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sixteen. I've been a fan since I was hmm... I'd say fourth or fifth grade... I'm not very good at remembering years. ^^;;

I'm 19.

I started liking Pokemon in the 6th grade. I got paired up with a soon to be friend in science class and the first thing he asked me: "Do you like Pokemon?" that started it all.

Of course...I was made fun of...so before I got to high school I tried to get out. I sold my games and my extra cards, keeping at least one of every card I had. I sold them. I stayed out for a couple years.

Then Ruby and Sapphire came out and I got dragged back in, I wasn't back all the way, I wasn't playing the TCG...I started playing that again a couple weeks ago.

I'm 22 years old. I wasn't into the anime at first, but somehow, I got hooked on Pokémon Red version when it first came out. I can't remember when that was...

I'm 18 (I'll be 19 next month). I was 10 when the anime started here (and I started watching). I remember because I was the same age as Ash.

And I was 11 when I got the Red version of the game. And now I've got Emerald.

And I'm a girl, too, if that helps things any.

I am 12, and I got in to Pokemon in 1997! When I was three, I really wanted videos on the episodes. So, I got the shows at age 5. At age six, I got my first Pokemon game, Pokemon Gold vesion. Then, I got Silver. Then, age 8, I got Crystal. I fell in love with the world of Jhoto. Ever scince, I have loved Jhoto best! Age 9, I got Sapphire and Ruby, which I was kind of a fool to let go of it in 2005. But, at age 11, Emerald were in my very hands the day after my 11th birthday. Then I got XD Gale of Darkness. I can't wait to get D/P when I am 12/13!

I've liked Pokemon form the 6 or something whenver it came t oeurope and now im 14 1/2.

I'm fourteen and I love pokemon , I've only really been obsessed with it for about a year now

Trust me, when you are a fan, and I mean start to be a fan when something comes out when you are in high school, you pretty much are hardcore for a long long time.
I've always loved the thought of raising and breeding animals so pokemon fits right in there with my core being you could say.

Agreed with Orange_Flaaffy! I got into Pokemon in 1999 after holding out against it since it came out. (I had just moved to a new area and you know how social pressures are in 8th-9th grade, especially if you're the new girl.) First fell in love with Lugia from the Japanese movie 2 poster circulating the internet the summer between 9th-10th grades, then got Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Red... and the rest, they say, is history.

I'm now 22, and recently graduated from college--my college friends kinda knew I was into Pokemon, and much later I even found out that one of them is also a closet Pokemon video gamer! Haha!

The breeding/raising/training aspect of Pokemon is also what drew me to it. My other odd hobby, which I've been doing only a year longer than I've been into Pokemon: I selectively breed, condition and show purebred bantam chickens, which kinda parallels both selectively breeding the best battling Pokemon AND the Pokemon Contests we have now!

I am nineteen years old now, and I got hooked on the games back when I was twelve. ^_^

I'm 13. And probably the only person in my class who still lurves Pokemon!

I've liked pokemon ever since I was 5, and I'm now 12! :yahoo: (I'll edit this on my next b'day!:birthday: )

Well I am now 26. *clicked the 22 and older catergory*

I was 18 when I started watching the anime. A little before I graduated from High School(Feburary 1999 is when I first saw it on Kids' WB).

The first episode I saw was "The Song of Jiggypuff". I was minding my own business and changing channels and I saw this. I thought it was a nice looking cartoon(didn't know it was made in Japan back then). And I watched it and I was totally hooked. I wanted to know the character a little more, because I didn't know. XDD And after that...was a big fan ever snice. Even though my parents told me this is for little kids...that didn't stop me for watching. =D

I will always Pokemon. It isn't going to go away...even if I turn 30 in four years. XD

Last edited:
lol ive been watching this show since it first came out in america...man over all this time i can still remember the first episode ever....i loved it....i was more or less probally like 7-9 at the time im 15 now.

I'm eighteen years old, and I started liking Pokemon about four years ago, when I first saw it on the TV. Back in Cuba I had already seen some of the games, but didn't actually get into it until I came here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom