• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I made new findings about the third generation save structure and I need help to get them published.

Sergiotarxz

Reaction score
Hi, Bulbapedia.

This is my first post, I found very helpful the article Save data structure (Generation III) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia but somewhat incomplete, reading a decompilation of Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire I found interesting data such as that section 1-4 are really the same supersection because they represent the same structure internally in the game and how to enable concrete flags such as that you received the eon_ticket to be able to catch latias.

I think that an article that cites verbatin parts of the disassembly from pret would be very useful to new people getting into third generation save editing.

I could benefit of any advice you could give me to modify the article because it would be my first edit ever in a wiki.

I am trying to do a Perl library to edit saves for the third generation.

I think that examples from my own save reading/writing code could also be useful for readers, probably in a different article.

I would like to know how can I create a draft to iterate over it until it is ready to publish.

Thank you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I deleted my own dump of the .gba game I am playing with only leaving an example save, would be fine if I would able to share the codeforge code now just so people can give a look to the save editor I made.

I will not do it without permission if this kind of things are problematic with Nintendo.

If you are interested maybe contact with me.

Well, I have read what I wrote and "new findings" are too much to say, let's say better I made findings not documented in the wiki.

I decided to left some images I made about the save cheats I achieved to make.

Image 1 - Mirage Island changing the random number asociated for mirage island by the hihalf of the pc 4th pokémon pid.
Image 2 - Latias. (Undocumented in wiki, only have to put in key items eon ticket and enable a flag.)
Image 3 - More of the same.
Image 4 - Change sex. (Documented in wiki.)
Image 5 - A script which converts all the sav pokemon in shiny. (Documented)
Image 6 - More of image 6.
Image 7 - A Celebi imported with my library from a pkhex .pk3 file. (Discarding party part of the file to import it in the pc.)
Image 8 - Groudon enable after already captured it. (Undocumented.)
Image 9 - More of Groudon.
Image 10 - Groudon battle.
ruby1-0.png ruby1-1.png ruby1-3.png ruby1-4.png ruby1-5.png ruby1-6.png ruby1-8.png ruby1-9.png ruby1-10.png ruby1-11.png

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom