• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I need help with the Lake trio

Dusk Balls are a good thing to stock up on, they're 4x catch rate at night and in caves. I'd recommend having a Wobbuffet to keep Mesprit trapped, too, because that thing runs.

thank u

i can tell u i never faced Pokemon that tough to catch

i caught Mewtwo and Rayquazaand thats a walk in the park compared to those 3

Tell me about it. I had 30 Ultra Balls, 5 Dusk Balls, and 5 Timer Balls. I was fighting one of the three (Uxie? I can't be sure). Because I was only level 40, it was a tough battle and my pokemon were repeatedly KOed. I used up all 18 of my potions, both Max Revives, and all of my revives. All 30 Ultra Balls were used and 5 of the Dusk Balls were used. At this point all I had left was one pokemon at half health and was one step away from a OHKO.

But I realized after nearly half an our of fighting (with False Swipe, he was brought down to 1HP) my Timer Ball would probably be effective by then. It took two, but I finally snagged him.

Talk about hard work o.o

I can tell you all, I used the glitch in the Japanese version of my Diamond for Darkrai and Shaymin and I can tell you...SIMPLE, compared to Mesprit! Even Cresselia is arguably easier to catch than these three...

::grumble::

Really though, a good ol' 'Mean Look -> False Swipe/False Swipe/etc.' and a thunderwave or hypnosis will get them eventually...but jiminy!

What the hell were they thinking? Dialga, Rayquaza, Kyogre - all easier to catch than these little bastards. Do they have the highest capture rate of any Pokemon ever or something?

What the hell were they thinking? Dialga, Rayquaza, Kyogre - all easier to catch than these little bastards. Do they have the highest capture rate of any Pokemon ever or something?

I actually think so but then again, I can't access the internal game data.

Any ROMers out there?

I've found the best strategy is to catch Uxie first - it's not oriented towards attack so you're less likey to get knocked out. And it can't do any damage at all to Dark-type Pokemon. Then use Uxie and it's Yawn attack to catch the other two.

I must say I found Registeel the hardest legendary to catch! Took me a stupid amount of time and many many ultra balls!

I caught Uxie in 3 Ultra Balls, I must have got lucky.

Azelf however took many resets, as it kept using Nasty Plot and then destroying my team while I was trying to lower its HP with weak attacks. It went down eventually though.

I haven't caught Mesprit yet, after it ran away

then again i wont

but someone plz give me advice

those little bastards are so annoying

if i didnt had to fill my pokedex,i wouldve blasted them with my infernape

Use your Master ball on Mesprit since it runs. If you just want the National dex, don't bother chasing it. For the others, use Dark Pokemon so they won't hurt you as much. Always use Dusk balls and, once you use them all, Timer balls. Uxie has good defences, so it's easier to capture. Azelf is evil as it can prevent you from putting it to sleep and use Nasty Plot. Use a fast Pokemon for Azelf, because it can and will destroy your Pokemon in 1 hit. Or use a Pokemon that knows Scary Face so your slow Pokemon can get it too. Keep in mind that Future Sight hits everything, even Dark types.

I hate Azelf. The first thing it did was use Nasty Plot 3 times. It could take all of my Pokemon out in 1 hit except 2. With Confusion. And I always knocked it out by accident. Uxie was so easy though. It's not that strong and it's hard to knock out in 1 hit.

I tried catching Uxie.

After 30 Ultra Balls, 10 Timer Balls, 10 Dusk Balls, 2 Nest Balls and 2 Net Balls (because I felt like throwing them), Uxie ran out of moves and used Struggle, ultimately killing itself.

@#$%. This is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

on serebii.net it said they have cature rates of 3!???

wtf?!?!?!?!

I was able to catch Uxie and Azelf with a couple of Dusk Balls after getting them down to a sliver of HP.

As for Mesprit, if you have a super fast Pokemon with Mean Look (a very high level Golbat or Crobat would work), give that a shot. The random Golbat I caught wasn't fast enough to do it, even with a Quick Claw (it only got in Mean Look once). But the trick with Mesprit is Quick Balls. It took a few chances, but once I had Mesprit's HP down a bunch and chased her around a while, I snagged her with a Quick Ball.

I was thinking that Dialga would become some great epic battle, but one attack and two ultra balls later and he was mine.

Uxie and Azelf gave me more trouble than I thought was necesary. I still have yet to catch Mesprit, but that's mainly from lack of trying. Darn thing! Probably one of the toughest pokemon captures to date with me.

I just finished Azelf. Took like 20 Ultra Balls.

First I weakened it with various attacks, then switched to my L20 Spiritomb. Its Hypnosis works fairly well despite the level difference, and it is immune to both Uproar and Confusion. I was kind of surprised that it wasn't immune to Future Sight, but it is fairly easy to dodge that by throwing my other pokemon under the bus (and with a higher level ST it probably isn't that necessary). Now I need to grab Uxie and train Spiritomb to learn Mean Look for Mesprit...

Bit of advice don't run alll over the map just go from back and forth from 1 town and 1 route it will eventually come to you.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom