• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Japanese Movie Site Help.

Vereux0

ヴォルクス
Reaction score
6gmm1oh.png

Can someone tell me what this is saying about Deoxys?

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what this is saying about Deoxys?
I'm pretty sure number one says, look at this awesome move set!

I think it's: Psycho Boost, Zap Cannon, Iron Defense, and Extremespeed.

Number 2 says, "It's in a Cherish Ball!"

Number 3 says, "It has a freaking commerative ribbion!"

Number 4 says, "Awesome hold item!"

I'm pretty sure number one says, look at this awesome move set!

I think it's: Psycho Boost, Zap Cannon, Iron Defense, and Extremespeed.

Number 2 says, "It's in a Cherish Ball!"

Number 3 says, "It has a freaking commerative ribbion!"

Number 4 says, "Awesome hold item!"

Thank you. Does it say anything about the OT?

Not visibly. It does say, though, that its type is Psychic (i.e. ESPer) and its ability is Pressure... though you probably knew that already. =)

You trying to figure out if you've been sent a dodgy Deoxys in trade?

It's Cherish and Lvl. 50, but the OT is "10th", that's what it says on Serebii, but it says "Eigakan" instead of えいがかん on Serebii, too.

You know "えいがかん" is "Eigakan" in hiragana, don't you? It means "cinema".

Yeah, but I don't know if 10th is supposed to be in hiragana or English.

Number 4 actually says it's holding Tokenai Koori (Nevermeltice). Number 3 says it has a "Classic Ribbon."

Um... Numbers are the same all over the world.
Interesting, I don't recall being taught "じゅうばんめ"/"十番目" in school until I took a Japanese class.... ;)

Yeah. I didn't exactly think straight. Actually, I looked up the ribbon, and it has the classic ribbon, which prevents GTS trading and it holds the Nevermeltice. So if you got it from a direct link trade it might be okay. If it's a GTS trade, it's fake.

Well, does anyone know if it's supposed to be like "10番目" or something or "10th"? Also, I didn't get it off GTS it has the Classic Ribbon.

Not sure if trading for it by GTS is possible anyway, since you need to have seen one in order to ask for it.

Naturally, given you just traded for one. =)

In any case, from here I don't think you have much to worry about. The use of Hindu-Arabic numerals in Japan (and other countries which don't use the Latin alphabet) is increasing all the time, even to the use of English ordinal numbers like 10th. If it is a forgery, it seems to be a very good one.

Well, unfortunately, it was a hack. Fortunately, I found someone who was willing to trade a legit one. :D

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom