• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I'm in the camp that nobody's catching Suicune.

All I want for Christmas is for the writers to not disrespect the dynamic duo's intelligence, thus avoiding stuff like Cinderace trying to go up against one of the most powerful Water types only to get one-shot'd.
It took out a Milotic.

Greninja took out Sceptile
Greninja lost to Charizard
Pikachu lost to Charizard

Type Advantages don't mean Jack in this series

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Just kidding, haha. Brandon should definitely make a comeback with the advent of the Galarian Legendaries. If they do the Crown Tundra, I hope it's adapted well-time will tell. I wasn't too impressed with the Zapdos and Mewtwo episodes, so maybe this Suicune one will be an indicator of better times to come.
Between Eusine and Brandon they're definitely sitting on a gold mine of continuity right now. If Chuck of all people can make it, surely these two can as well.

I've got a feeling that it’ll be relatively underwhelming like the Ho-oh or Zapdos episode (minus the Pokeball throw). I was correct about that happening in the Mewtwo episode, I’m not holding out for any particular continuity references.

Is Eusine Comfirmed or mentioned for this episode? If not, I’m not expecting that appearance.

All I want for Christmas is for the writers to not disrespect the dynamic duo's intelligence, thus avoiding stuff like Cinderace trying to go up against one of the most powerful Water types only to get one-shot'd.

Have a Pikachu/Raichu tag team if need be.
I’d say that all depends on if the writers actually remember that Go has Pokémon other than Cinderace. Though even then, the rest see so little action and training time that, even by anime standards, they would possibly stand less of a chance.
Yeah... I'm in the camp that nobody's catching Suicune.

It took out a Milotic.

Greninja took out Sceptile
Greninja lost to Charizard
Pikachu lost to Charizard

Type Advantages don't mean Jack in this series
While true, Suicune is much more than just any water type, it’s a legendary. Usually the characters go at a legendary at least with a neutral type. Of course, this is the same series where Ash thought it was a good idea to use a fighting type against Mewtwo so who knows.

Cinderace should be good enough to catch Suicune despite the type disadvantage. He also has a giant Golurk he could use.

Honestly type advantages have been so inconsistent throughout the anime that they might as well be meaningless at this point.

Honestly type advantages have been so inconsistent throughout the anime that they might as well be meaningless.
Type Advanteges In The Anime: Grass Beats Fire Water Beats Grass Fire Beats Water. Sceptile vs Greninja Charizard vs Greninja and Also Furret is a Ground Type

Type Advanteges In The Anime: Grass Beats Fire Water Beats Grass Fire Beats Water. Sceptile vs Greninja Charizard vs Greninja and Also Furret is a Ground Type
No I meant with how much they take affect in battles. We've had numerous battles where pokemon beat others despite being disadvantaged against them - sometimes they live way too many supereffective attacks and take out their opponent with only a few resisted hits. Yet other times the type matchup plays way more into the outcome. It's all over the place compared to the games.

Have a Pikachu/Raichu tag team if need be.
That'd be pretty cool and a nice breath of fresh air with all the Pikachu/Raichu rivalry going on (though even that was also a breath of fresh air too with how Visquez's was like).

That'd be pretty cool and a nice breath of fresh air with all the Pikachu/Raichu rivalry going on (though even that was also a breath of fresh air too with how Visquez's was like).
Yeah, I Hope They Wont Use Aceburn And Lucario and Give Pokemon Like Sirfetch'd (It's Gonna Evolve EP051 Even Though I Dont Want It To) and Scyther More Shine. Maybe Scyther Can Evolve. I Don't Think He Will Use Sobble Since It's A Base Stage Starter.

Actually despite being a Fire type Cinderace can learn Electro Ball. That could help out in defeating Suicune. Maybe it even has Libro as it's ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom