• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN062: Damp Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.
__sobble_goh_cinderace_inteleon_and_drizzile_pokemon_and_2_more_drawn_by_ze_0enmaitake__bdcb47ce523af7aa1b91de9753977b32.jpg

ぜ (Pixiv)
Okay, but are we counting the ears/hair tuft and the fins when we measure their heights? Like, we measure animals, at least quadruple animals with the tail if they have one. So do we count the ''extra stuff'' at the top of their heads when we measure an bidepal animal or not??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Okay, but are we counting the ears/hair tuft and the fins when we measure their heights? Like, we measure animals, at least quadruple animals with the tail if they have one. So do we count the ''extra stuff'' at the top of their heads when we measure an bidepal animal or not??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Even excluding that, Inteleon is still taller.

I mean, to be slightly fair, the anime is often pretty inaccurate when depicting Pokemon heights: there's plenty of Pokemon that are depicted as being bigger or smaller than they actually are in-game. Sometimes this is fairly subtle, such as Eevee being 1'04" in the anime (the same size as Pikachu) when in reality it should be four inches smaller (the same size as Pichu), but other times it can get really egregious, such as Roselia being roughly 3 feet tall when in the games its size is only a third of that. Or Charizard, which the anime consistently depicts as around the same size as Dragonite (about 7 feet tall) when in the games (barring Alola's ride Charizard) it's only about the size of the average human adult, and shorter than most human males. Lucario and Riolu are likewise not the sizes they should be: in the anime, Ash's Lucario seems to be around the same height as Goh's Cinderace or perhaps a couple inches shorter at most, but according to the games, Cinderace should be roughly a head and shoulders taller than Lucario (Lucario is only 3'11" tall in the games). Riolu meanwhile is often depicted to be around 1'08" tall when its given size in the games is 2'07".

Basically, in the anime the size difference between Riolu and Lucario is this:
drWujaQ21583834052.jpg

But in the games it's this:
mmexport1598970797376_2000x.jpg

So yeah, for all we know they might end up depicting Inteleon as smaller than it should be. I hope they don't, though, because seeing Inteleon lord over its superior height over its elder sibling would be hilarious XD
I get your point, but when you really stop to think about it, I don't really think is that big of a deal, and I might even talk about this in the Controversial Opinions thread, or even the Lorekeepers' Club one lol. Cuz, okay, the dex does says Lucario is 3'11 feet tall, but that doesn't really means every Lucario is 3'11 feet tall.

I always had this idea that this is cuz it's the average size of the Pokémon in question that is stated in the dex. Of course we are gonna have an slightly larger or smaller pokemon of the same species. Like, the average height for a fully grown human male in the whole word is 171 cm. If that were the way most of the fandom thinks of Pokemon heights and sizes, then we wouldn't have 190 cm or 150 cm guys.

It's a pretty long subject that doesn't really fits here tho so I will leave it at that lol.

That too, but I am more shocked they spoiled getting him Inteleon

I'm not sure how that's being spoiled. Aside from the fact that it's fanart, Sobble eventually evolving into Inteleon sounds pretty likely, if not guaranteed. It was already inspired by meeting an Inteleon, so the notion of Goh's Sobble eventually becoming an Inteleon doesn't really sound like a stretch or a huge spoiler.

I'm not sure how that's being spoiled. Aside from the fact that it's fanart, Sobble eventually evolving into Inteleon sounds pretty likely, if not guaranteed. It was already inspired by meeting an Inteleon, so the notion of Goh's Sobble eventually becoming an Inteleon doesn't really sound like a stretch or a huge spoiler.
Doesnt Grookey have to evolved first? It would be weird owning two evolved starter and one base one

Doesnt Grookey have to evolved first? It would be weird owning two evolved starter and one base one

I'm not really sure how that would be strange. Ash has had evolved and unevolved starters on his team before, so I don't see how Grookey would need to evolve before Goh could get an Inteleon.

I get your point, but when you really stop to think about it, I don't really think is that big of a deal, and I might even talk about this in the Controversial Opinions thread, or even the Lorekeepers' Club one lol. Cuz, okay, the dex does says Lucario is 3'11 feet tall, but that doesn't really means every Lucario is 3'11 feet tall.

I always had this idea that this is cuz it's the average size of the Pokémon in question that is stated in the dex. Of course we are gonna have an slightly larger or smaller pokemon of the same species. Like, the average height for a fully grown human male in the whole word is 171 cm. If that were the way most of the fandom thinks of Pokemon heights and sizes, then we wouldn't have 190 cm or 150 cm guys.

It's a pretty long subject that doesn't really fits here tho so I will leave it at that lol.
Nah, I get you and I do agree, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee also had that, since you could catch Pokemon bigger or smaller than the average, sometimes by a lot. It's just a bit weird that there are some species that the anime never seems to depict in the correct size, which should be more frequent if we go by the logic that the size the Pokedex gives us is simply the average. Like, if the average size for Roselia is 1 foot tall then how come every Roselia we've seen is so much bigger? Shouldn't the average size of the species be bigger then? XD

Nah, I get you and I do agree, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee also had that, since you could catch Pokemon bigger or smaller than the average, sometimes by a lot. It's just a bit weird that there are some species that the anime never seems to depict in the correct size, which should be more frequent if we go by the logic that the size the Pokedex gives us is simply the average. Like, if the average size for Roselia is 1 foot tall then how come every Roselia we've seen is so much bigger? Shouldn't the average size of the species be bigger then? XD
Well, dwarfism and gigantism are still things that can happen in every species tho lol. And considering that in Roselia's case, it's a living rose bush/lady/thing (?), maybe it just keeps on growing like an actual plant? lol

And there's also the fact that the dex is not always correct tho in-universe too. I don't think it's impossible for them to just get the wrong info sometimes lol.

Well, dwarfism and gigantism are still things that can happen in every species tho lol. And considering that in Roselia's case, it's a living rose bush/lady/thing (?), maybe it just keeps on growing like an actual plant? lol

And there's also the fact that the dex is not always correct tho in-universe too. I don't think it's impossible for them to just get the wrong info sometimes lol.
Size seems like kind of a hard thing to get wrong, since to get Pokedex data, the creature has to be physically studied, and it's not that hard to get like a ruler or something.

Incorrect or overblown powers and abilities makes sense. Size not so much.

Then again, weight is something that definitely needs a double checkup, because most Pokemon's weights are not correctly proportioned to their size *points at Wailord being less dense than air*

Then again, weight is something that definitely needs a double checkup, because most Pokemon's weights are not correctly proportioned to their size *points at Wailord being less dense than air*
Gen I nonsensical weights make sense, since they didn't actually serve any purpose in-game. But after that... not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom