• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN073: Captain Pikachu! Advance, Tairetsu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's what's going to happen....

I never expected anything from this episode...

Meme aside, this is very underwhelming.
Come on, the Creativity Sterility Plague is real?
The episode hasn’t even aired yet….there have been plenty that people thought were just standard filler and turned out to be done well.
Seems like a rehash of that Pikachu short that came with Revelation Lugia....
Tamatama thinking that Togepi is one of them.
Calling this a rehash is a bit of a reach

I saw you guys' posts about Eiscue, and I kept thinking, "what are they talking about? It's not even there." After carefully analyzing the pic and seeing the block of ice floating in the water, I screamed.

Is it me or having two fillers between more focused episodes kind of…disappointing? I know these fillers can be fun, but I’m surprised there’s been so many fillers this series. From what I’ve counted personally, roughly 39% of the anime has been filler.

Last edited:
Is it me or having two fillers between more focused episodes kind of…disappointing? I know these fillers can be fun, but I’m surprised there’s been so many fillers this series. From what I’ve counted personally, roughly 39% of the anime has been filler.
We don't exactly know if this episode will be filler. For all we know, someone could have a major event happen to their team. Or a minor one if it's another Goh capture.

We don't exactly know if this episode will be filler. For all we know, someone could have a major event happen to their team. Or a minor one if it's another Goh capture.
TBH, I know technically if Goh catches Esciue or Farlinks, it’s not a filler as of the development of his team or goal is improving, but it feels like a facade.
If this was the case, where episodes such as these don’t count as filler, it would appear that the percentage of fillers drops to below 10%, when that just isn’t the case. Episodes like the Diglett episode would then count as non-filler since Goh developed a theme of releasing a Pokemon, when that episode was utterly terrible.
Maybe that’s a problem with Goh’s goal - episodes when there’s a sense of observing a new Pokemon, that becomes apart of the team, actually feels to the point where the occurrence is mundane and equivalent of calling these episodes filler.

Everyone defines filler differently. Because of that fact, I don’t think it’s really possible to come up with a concrete metric of how much filler is in a given season. If Goh catches something this episode, that would be enough for a lot of people to classify it as non-filler (myself included).

Last edited:
I’ve only just realised, maybe the reason for Goh not catching Pansage was because he already had a Grass Monkey…

Ah need, this does look more like a Galar episode after all. I feel a little better (at least until we get confirmation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom