• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN078: The Targeted Sakuragi Institute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

The Pokémon data Satoshi and Go have gathered as research fellows so far have disappeared from the laboratory computer! Go tries searching for the culprit via the evidence that someone accessed the computer's main data. And that night, Jimereon spots a suspicious object floating around in the lab while outside practicing its Water Gun.

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 興満録助 (Rokusuke Okimitsu)
Animation Director 荒井怜子 (Reiko Arai)
Animation Director 松本勝次 (Katsuji Matsumoto)

Summary and Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

The Pokémon data Satoshi and Go have gathered as research fellows so far have disappeared from the laboratory computer! Go tries searching for the culprit via the evidence that someone accessed the computer's main data. And that night, Jimereon spots a suspicious object floating around in the lab while outside practicing its Water Gun.

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 興満録助 (Rokusuke Okimitsu)
Animation Director 荒井怜子 (Reiko Arai)
Animation Director 松本勝次 (Katsuji Matsumoto)
So Drizzile does really come outside it's cave to train.
I was actually wondering about that.
I guess they're probably going to use that to justify yet another quick evolution :notworthy:

Also long time no see Deko Akao. You've moved on from Cinderace to Drizzile episodes now?

Pokémon Journeys: tell and not show.
Well they're likely going to show Drizzile practicing

I just wish it hadn't first come up in this episode where it'll also likely evolve :(

It's literally showing us right now. We don't need something hammered into our skulls each week to know it's happening.
It also seems like there's more of justified case here as well.

With the implication that Drizzile only comes out at night to train when everyone else is asleep.

I suppose that makes a little more sense why we didn't see it training in the Morpeko capture episode

I just wish it properly executed better :rolleyes:

Almost always tell, seldom show.

Messon's story has become a runaway train, it's about get off the rails.

Last edited:
The thing I'm wondering here the most is if Drizzile (or Inteleon if it evolves) will actually return to Goh's team after this episode or will it stay at Sakuragi lab?

I really hope it rejoins Goh. Maybe it's just my bias but whenever I see Cinderace and Grookey together I just can't help but feel like there's a puzzle piece missing.

Then again I also felt this way when Grookey didn't appear for like 60 episodes.

Do you guys ever notice that it's only ever been 2 of the Starters together but never All 3 of them together?

It is known that several of Goh's Pokemon have evolved with no battle or little focus, Wurmple, Cascoon, Dustox and Flabebe
3 out of 4 of those are Bug Type Pokemon tho.

Bug Type Pokemon usually get a pass because their evolution cycles mirror real life bugs going through metamorphosis.

Also they evolve quickly in the games as well

I think what's interesting is that Drizzile, while still possibly upset, is still training to become an Inteleon. I am glad it regained that resolve it had when it was practicing its Water Gun earlier as a Sobble. It would have been nice to see in the background of previous episodes, but it is still development nonetheless. It goes without saying, but Go giving it time was the right choice and a good call.

More tell, don't show.....If Drizzile has been practicing, we should have had an episode to show he had regained his commitment to evolving and seen the beginning of this. I really hope though that this episode doesn't rush to evolution and we actually see Drizzile training and mastering the move.

Not each week, but literally once between the two focus episodes?
Almost always tell, seldom show.

Messon's story has become a runaway train, it's about get off the rails.
More tell, don't show.....If Drizzile has been practicing, we should have had an episode to show he had regained his commitment to evolving and seen the beginning of this. I really hope though that this episode doesn't rush to evolution and we actually see Drizzile training and mastering the move.
Pokemon Journeys: The Tell don't Show, Show.
Literally who cares about seeing Drizzile practicing his Water Gun?

We have more important things to see like Grookey and Eevee running errands

The tried and true method of story writing:

"These characters are developed."
"Got a source?"
0d5.jpg

To repeat what I said in a different thread...

They're not going to give the Sobble Line the development it should have because the cold harsh reality of it is that they simply do not care about any of the Galar Starters besides the Scorbunny line

Sure we may be getting Inteleon in the Anime but that's not because the writers actually give a damn about Inteleon, no. They don’t care about Inteleon. They care about the money that Inteleon merchandise can bring them from the Japanese crowd

You know those tiny crumbs of development that Sobble got in the Anime?

Ask yourselves this.
Do you guys think that they would've existed if hadn't been for Inteleon's unexpected popularity with the Japanese crowd?

Perhaps. But I honestly suspect that they originally intended to keep Sobble as is.

But now it feels as tho the writers were backed into a corner and are now scrambling to get an Inteleon on the cast as quickly as possible

But since the writers decided to forego traveling through the Galar region, thus having no reoccurring Rivals who could display Inteleon as much as they wanted, resulting in Goh being the only character in the show with a Sobble well... you end up with... whatever the hell we're getting now

Why didn't they add an Inteleon to the cast, in some way....
It could even be a recurrent character, instead of pulling this.....
We've had recurring characters and Pokemon before.

They stopped caring about Aceburn, giving that it ended up fading as well.

This is another level of bad planning and writing.

Last edited:
Why didn't they add an Inteleon to the cast, in some way....
It could even be a recurrent character, instead of pulling this.....
We've had recurring characters and Pokemon before.
The more I think about it, the more I'm confused as to why the anime didn't just use Nessa for the Inteleon episode.

Since Nessa's a famous Model they could easily have had her filming for a spy movie and had Inteleon be her Ace Pokémon. (Especially since Drednaw was already wasted early on.....)

That way we'd at least be guaranteed more than one appearance from Inteleon and then maybe Sobble's development wouldn't have been as haphazard as it now

Deko Akao also means Cinderace will likely play a role here.

I hope they deliver more brotherly bonding between Drizzile and Cinderace.

It's one of the few, if not the only, actual friendships between Pokemon in this show that's remained consistent (besides maybe Grookey/Eevee) and I want to see more of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom