• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN114: Training Battle of Flames! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario beats Gyarados
Gengar beats Metagross
Dragonite ties with Garchomp

New photo of Ash and his Pokemon

FUVVGDRWUAIQBgQ

TORKOAL AND TORTERRA! MY TORTOISE BOYS! <3
The fact that Greninja, Goodra, Butterfree, Lapras, Pidgeot, Primeape, Squirtle, and the Alola mons aren’t here makes me sad
Paul’s English VA better return to voice him! I want to hear Julian say pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture seems missing so much since the Alola Pokémon are with Kukui, Squirtle still comes and goes and Greninja and Goodra are at Kalos. So it's barely an updated picture from the end of BW

Lucario beats Gyarados
Gengar beats Metagross
Dragonite ties with Garchomp

New photo of Ash and his Pokemon

I'm a bit unsure if this mean the battle is a tie or if it's like their first battle where it's a series of one on one matches, meaning Ash wins handily. Checking Bulbapedia seems to say "no substitutions" was how that match was described so I'm sort of leaning that way, but I'm not certain.

We cannot compare BW's group shot to this one.
Since they still insisted on putting Gou on it.

That utterly ruins the theme as much as the composition.

So, Satoshi is pondering that he may need a Fire-type......
Pick Magumarashi, please; being the one that needs any focus the most.

I still think that the original draft had more promise, they didn't have to play the pandering card.

Oak knows and dislikes Paul? Where did that come from?

Also, it might be the cropping or the pixelation, some pokemon look weirdly out of scale in the pic. Noctowl and Gible look massive, while Gengar looks smaller than usual. Doesn’t bother me much, but still odd.

Also, it might be the cropping or the pixelation, some pokemon look weirdly out of scale in the pic. Noctowl and Gible look massive, while Gengar looks smaller than usual. Doesn’t bother me much, but still odd.
It makes sense that Oak would've been told about Paul and how he treated Infernape, and be somewhat wary of him for that reason. Oak is a pretty underutilized character these days, so it's nice to see something like this from him

Honestly, it sounds either fake, or misworded. Professor Oak wouldn't act passive-aggressive towards a kid he's never met. Even if Ash spoke poorly of him (and never rectified those words later), Oak would behave like the other responsible adults in this series and have a talk with him.

I could see maybe if it was Paul who tried to leave but was called back by Infernape.

Finally, an episode with good animation for its battle; after the disappointment that was Raihan’s, this’ll be refreshing.

Also, if that leak is to be believed, I think Paul should have gotten at least one proper KO against Ash.
I thought the Raihan battle had great animation. I'm not sure what looked off about it compared to Iwane's stuff.

Although it doesn’t mean much overall, it’s a nice sign that their rivalry has indeed come full circle. They’re not only battling at a Professor’s lab, like the first instalment between them, but also the format is indentical.
That being that it’s a best of three battles, where each Pokemon can only battle one other, like how Paul’s Starly fought Ash’s Starly, but didn’t against Aipom or Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom