• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN118: Satoshi Goes into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dracovish here is good, would prefer Sirfetch'd realy to take advantage of its moves and type wise.
Would it be the other 3 pokemon against Cynthia though? Dragonite and Lucario will be there for sure because the training Dragonite did aith Paul and the Mega gimick will prob be in the Semis (plus Lucario is kind of Ash ace for JNs.. he will get the screentime).

BUT..Will Ash realy give Pikachu a break vs Cynthia and put Sirfetchd? Not sure for 100% it is the best for the anime.

I think second round will be a 4v4.

Steven and Ash's third Pokémon have been revealed.

Huh, I didn't expect Ash to use Dracovish here. Really figured it would be either Lucario or Sirfetch'd. Still, Dracovish does possess a type advantage over Aggron at least, so it'll probably do fine. Hopefully this is where we see Dracovish get a new move and finally replace Water Gun. Ash is going up against the best of the best now, it's embarrassing to see one of his Pokemon running around with a move as weak as Water Gun. (Hydro Pump please!!! :LOL:)

To be honest, Im afraid Dracovish prob will be a disaster. From what the summary of the episode suggest Ash is getting into the corner. If its true the only option for Dracovish not to be the folder: 1. Ash is going to switch pokemon and get a team effort here, so they wont lose fast even though they are having a hard time.
2. Pikachu and Gengar will get the most of the screentime but the writer will make sure its Dracovish time to shine.

To be honest, Im afraid Dracovish prob will be a disaster. From what the summary of the episode suggest Ash is getting into the corner. If its true the only option for Dracovish not to be the folder: 1. Ash is going to switch pokemon and get a team effort here, so they wont lose fast even though they are having a hard time.
2. Pikachu and Gengar will get the most of the screentime but the writer will make sure its Dracovish time to shine.
If the preview is anything to go on, it might be Gengar who goes down before Dracovish. After all, Gengar looked to be struggling in Cradily's grip.

If the preview is anything to go on, it might be Gengar who goes down before Dracovish. After all, Gengar looked to be struggling in Cradily's grip.
Yeah this could be example for why switching pokemon could be useful in this match

Happened to come across this on Twitter:
1657754687999.png

People were debating on what move Aggron is using here, personally, I think it's Heavy Slam, as it does kinda look similar to this:
1657754847102.png

Right?

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

The fourth match of the first round of the Masters Tournament finally sees the start of Satoshi's battles. His opponent is Houen Champion Daigo, whose powerful Pokémon drive Satoshi against the wall... Satoshi doesn't just want to win for himself, but also for the sake of the friends and Pokémon that support him! Can he defeat the roadblock that is Daigo and pass his first match?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

Happened to come across this on Twitter:View attachment 161748

People were debating on what move Aggron is using here, personally, I think it's Heavy Slam, as it does kinda look similar to this: View attachment 161750
Right?
Looks nice!
So firat of all it couldnt be Iron head/tail cause they are painting the specific part of the body with that silverish light.
In Bulbapedia they were picking this image to title the Heavy Slam move in the anime. For me it looks the same:
1657817225812.png

According to a magazine, the next round will be a 3v3 and Ash will use Sirfetch’d, Dragonite, and Godcario
As expected.. lil frustrating.. I think it is kind of a problem with m8 so far. Why everything is so predictable (if we put aside Alain vs Leon in the first round, though the rush with this one was obvious).

Wish in the next episode with Eevee we finaly get to see her evolved, and not the regular "we will travel and find the answer ofscreen". we'll talk about it on the other thread but you get it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom