• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Jumanfia - Day Five (In the jungle, the peaceful jungle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to admit, some of the players have been playing strangely in this game. I saw Rockruff online yesterday and he didn't say anything here, Cheff said he will be back in 10 hours and he never came back, I noticed Salesman voted MegaPod and he didn't defend himself. I always prefer when a player defends themself and normally I get suspicious when I don't see a player defend themself.

I can’t really find any further arguments against RC’s response to me, and tbh I had forgotten he tried to get a vote in when the Day was technically over...I don’t think that automatically clears him but I see nothing else to go on RC-wise for the time being.

However, I still think the case on Cheff is a poor one, and I think Laurentus’ vote on him seems a bit too easy, especially considering the reason including “to stir up activity.” The way I see it, Cheff will be back whenever he’s back and voting him on the basis of his sporadic activity seems just too convenient.

Unvote: Rainbow Cloud
Vote: Laurentus

I can’t really find any further arguments against RC’s response to me, and tbh I had forgotten he tried to get a vote in when the Day was technically over...I don’t think that automatically clears him but I see nothing else to go on RC-wise for the time being.

However, I still think the case on Cheff is a poor one, and I think Laurentus’ vote on him seems a bit too easy, especially considering the reason including “to stir up activity.” The way I see it, Cheff will be back whenever he’s back and voting him on the basis of his sporadic activity seems just too convenient.

Unvote: Rainbow Cloud
Vote: Laurentus
It's not just inactivity. I would have gone for Mask, but as he's at least participating, so I don't want to vote for him just yet. I also mentioned earlier on that I suspect there might be a Mask/Cheff team, so I'm really not seeing a better target to vote for.

That said, this vote has clearly failed to actually stir Cheff to activity. Hmm, actually, has Cheff made it to the requisite 3 posts? Because if not, then that actually adds fuel to my Mask/Cheff speculation, as he could be hoping for Cheff to be replaced due to inactivity, instead of voted off. But that actually does leave me wondering whether they could share some other connection other than being scum buds. In my experience, scum doesn't really try to defend scum too obviously, which I believe Mask has tried to do with Cheff. Could someone check my reasoning here?

Minish now sits as a solid town for me, but I'm still unsure about Jinjo, as the sub-in.

@CheffOfGames has requested a replacement.

Vote Count:
Laurentus (1): Megapod
Megapod (1): SMS
CheffOfGames (3): Laurentus, RainbowCloud, Minish
The day ends in just over 3 hours

Night 3 Begins (CheffOfGames Lynched)
tmw a Vote Count is the last post of a day phase

Vote Count:
Laurentus (1): Megapod
Megapod (1): Spiritual Mask Salesman
CheffOfGames (3): Laurentus, Rainbow Cloud, Minish
Not Voting: ShinyRockruff204, Jinjo, CheffOfGames

After celebrating the shortened dice roll, the spirits once more continued their hunt for the players. Despite the complete lack of jungle around them, they remained in high spirits... well, all but one.
CheffOfGames looked out upon the land that was once his kingdom in despair. Unmoving, he simply tried to comprehend what had happened. He had once been called King of the Jungle... but that time was no more.
He asked to leave the game, and in doing so, the other spirits killed him, believing him to be a player wanting to escape. But instead, as he died, a mane began to grow around his neck, and before the transformation had ended, they knew: the Lion was dead.
CheffOfGames was the Lion, the Town Cop

THE LIVING (7):
  1. @MegaPod
  2. @ShinyRockruff204
  3. @Minish
  4. @Jinjo
  5. @Rainbow Cloud
  6. @Spiritual Mask Salesman
  7. @Laurentus
THE DEAD (6):
  • Max1996, the Quicksand, Spirit of the Roleblocker, Lynched Day One
  • Calvin ッ, the Thunderstorm, Spirit of the One-Shot Lightning Rod, Killed Night One
  • WaterBlueMan, Judy and Peter Shepherd, a pair of Players, Lynched Day Two
  • Contrainer, the Leopard, Spirit of the Tracker, Killed Night Two
  • ExLight, the Vegetation, Spirit of the Neighborizer, Killed Day 2
  • CheffOfGames, the Lion, Spirit of the Cop, Lynched Day 3
NIGHT THREE BEGINS
Night 3 ends in 24 hours, at 10pm PST on Monday 19 August 2019.

ANNOUNCEMENTS
I am looking for a replacement for ShinyRockruff204. If you have anyone who may be interested, please let me know.
Since I have neglected to put the number of spaces each gameday, I will say that the game currently sits at 12/32 spaces. We are 20 spaces away from Jumanji.

@Jinjo You didn't vote yesterday, why? If you would have voted, who would you have voted for? Also, who are your top suspects right now?

I was narrowing down the suspects figuring out who were the remaining scum. The Cheff bandwagon formed when I was asleep and when I came back, I became very suspicious of Cheff for not defending himself because I saw him posting in another thread and he was ignoring this game. I thought he was scum who gave up because I have seen scum in the past not defending themselves and sometimes they just give up when there is a bandwagon on them. The replacement message for Cheff came and I wanted to wait for the replacement to say something but no one came to replace him and that's why I didn't vote because I was expecting to hear from the replacement which never happened.

We have a general unspoken agreement on my home forums not to talk during the night phase. We don't like to draw attention like that. I'll adapt to the way things are done here, if that is preferred.

Also, I'm not going to apologise for the Cheff vote. Minish was on it too, and like it or not, the reasoning was solid. My only question now is whether you knew he was going to flip green because you were connected roles, or whether you're scum.

I will point out for the umpteenth time that MegaPod has seen quite a few accusations but has not defended himself.

Oh, the above was directed at Mask.
My whole reasoning for not voting Cheff was for none of the reasons you think, when someone says they are busy I tend to respect that and not ping them if they've come forward and said that much. I felt my vote was best spent elsewhere.

I don't think anyone should ever consider voting someone for inactivity solid reasoning, it's more like a last resort because the game as a whole is inactive. With that in mind, do you still stand by that statement?

I do stand by it, because I didn't believe it was honest inactivity because of being busy, it looked more like trying to go under the radar, as Jinjo pointed out above.

That said, had I been awake when he requested someone to sub in for him, I might have changed my mind.

Day 4 Begins (Laurentus and Jinjo Killed)
In the night, a figure strode through the forest. Despite not being initially from the jungle, he had become a part of it over the years. It had taken hold of him, and he was more than happy to let it remain that way. But his past was not something to think of now; he had prey to catch.
His target lay grazing out in the fields, munching quietly on some leaves. In the dim morning light, he couldn't be sure, but the gray skin, that magnificent ivory... this could be the one he was searching for. He cocked his rifle and aimed steadily at the beast. He felt his heart beat.
1... 2...
BANG!
The shot could be heard throughout the house. Echoing from room to room, it shocked everyone.
The creature screamed, then collapsed to the ground, still. He walked over to inspect his kill.
It seemed that Laurentus hadn't been the elusive creature he'd hoped... but a rhino was a good consolation prize, if he said so himself.
That was when he heard the sound of a saber being unsheathed behind him. Without time to reload his weapon, he unsheathed his own saber and turned around to come face to face with another person. The two stared at each other in the dim twilight, breathing heavily.
"Aren't you going to kill me?" the other figure asked "Or at least try?"
"You aren't the one who summoned me here. I don't have any desire to kill you today."
"Then you'll be the one dying, Jinjo."
His eyes grew wide, before a machete struck between them, and the Great White Hunter fell dead.

Laurentus has been killed! He was the Rhino, Spirit of the Bodyguard!
Jinjo has been killed! She was Van Pelt, the Serial Killer!

With the two dead, something seemed to shift. The balance of power maybe. All was not going well for Jumanji.
And then the dice rolled once more.
The grating noise of a moving piece once again filled the air, before a prophecy came unto the entire group, warning them of the future.
You're almost there, with much at stake
But now the ground begins to quake

Almost as soon as it was over, the card's speech became reality, as the ground shifted beneath them.
But the spirits held no fear, for they were now feeling stronger than before, despite being nearly defeated...
The game is now in LyLo
The board has now reached 19/32 spaces. Only 13 spaces until you reach Jumanji.

THE LIVING (5):
  1. @MegaPod
  2. @ShinyRockruff204
  3. @Minish
  4. @Rainbow Cloud
  5. @Spiritual Mask Salesman
THE DEAD (8):
  • Max1996:, The Quicksand, Spirit of the Roleblocker, Lynched Day One
  • Calvin ッ: The Thunderstorm, Spirit of the One-Shot Lightning Rod, Killed Night One
  • WaterBlueMan: Judy and Peter Shepherd, a pair of Players, Lynched Day Two
  • Contrainer: The Leopard, Spirit of the Tracker, Killed Night Two
  • ExLight: The Vegetation, Spirit of the Neighborizer, Killed Day 2
  • CheffOfGames: The Lion, Spirit of the Cop, Lynched Day 3
  • Laurentus: The Rhino, Spirit of the Bodyguard, Killed Night 3
  • Jinjo: Van Pelt, the Serial Killer, Killed Night 3
DAY 4 BEGINS!
Day 4 ends at 10pm PST on Wednesday 21 August 2019. WIth 5 alive, 3 is majority.

We are still looking for a replacement for Rockruff.

Last edited:
Minish was right about about there being an SK, but if there's 5 of us left and we're in Mylo then there's probably still a couple more scum left.

Think Spiritual Mask Salesman is definitely scum at this point, like Laurentus said last night I think he already knew how Cheff's flip was going to go and steered well clear of the wagon. He was then pretty quick to be casting shade on myself and Laurentus for voting for Cheff but the reasons for voting Cheff, mine included were justified given he said he was going to give us more and it seemed like he was stringing us along, it was fairly late in the phase when the message about him requesting to be replaced was posted and early morning in my time zone so I did not see it until after the phase change.

Think SMS's plan was to let town mislynch Cheff and protest against his lynch whilst lining up myself and Laurentus as mislynch candidates for the next day. Guessing scum must have killed Jinjo last night and Jinjo Laurentus, don't think scum intended for Laurentus to die last night which fits for them going for a mislynch.

As for the second scum candidate, I still think Minish is town which leaves Pod and Rockruff's slot. SMS's vote on Pod yesterday could be some distancing going on there though it's possible that only one of the scum is active at the moment.

@MegaPod you said you thought I was scum at the start of day 2 for suspecting you, Rock and Cheff but then kind of just dropped the case against me later that day. Your voting for me again now but you haven't really given a detailed explanation for your vote or why you think I'm scum, just saying I'm the best option.

Vote: Spiritual Mask Salesman

The reason why I figured you to be the best option to vote this time is because Minish is probably Town due to that whole thing early in the game, Rockruff has been too removed from the game to be a threat with at least one active scum still around, and I’ve liked SMS’ efforts to make sense of the game thus far, especially since they also recognized that Cheff’s sporadic activity was NAI instead of hopping on his wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom