• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto IS in HGSS; discussion

Misty. With labcoat. in bikini. With newer artwork and proper artwork of that rule 34 celebrations can commence. I love these games.

Don't forget her GSC hairstyle. It's a must-have.

If they use her anime or FRLG hairstyle, I'll be mad. GSC Kanto designs > FRLG designs.

But I hope they'll avoid FR/LG repetitivity just as they did in GSC. Sequel or not, it's still THREE MOTHERFUCKIN' YEARS LATER!

Last edited:
lol, there are actually people who get excited over the 1 minute Gym battle you have with Misty in the Gym?

Wow.

:love: Love you too sweetie.

Some of us are fans of gym leaders and that battle means a lot to us.

Some people thought that 3 visits to the region was enough...

Go-go pet peeve!

Not that I'm accusing anyone of this, but I find it odd that people complain about Kanto being in every generation so far. I mean, what does it matter WHERE the game is set, as long as it's good? GTA: Chinatown Wars uses GTA IV's setting, but would you call them the same game? I certainly wouldn't. Also, Hyrule's been used for all but (by my count) four Zelda games, although it was different each time with varying degrees.

Some of us are fans of gym leaders and that battle means a lot to us.

I know, I REALLY want to see Jasmine.

I, for one, cannot wait to see Sugimori's new art for ALL the Kanto Gym Leaders, as well as the Johto ones. Oh, and of course the E4 because you know... it's in fucking Kanto. GASP!

I can't wait to finally see a full body illustration of Karen.

technically, we got that with her anime appearance.

Karen has never been shown.

she might have a wardrobe change.

More leather and then I'll accept a change. Also she must have the whip.

Of course, I also can't wait to see all Kanto Gym Leaders Sugimori Artworks. Hope that he DOES bother to draw 'em all.

Now wonder... HGSS is both FR/LG sequel and GSC adaptation. So, we can never be sure which way will Sugimori take when designing HGSS Kanto Leaders. I wholeheartedly hope that he chooses the GSC way and that we'll see GSC changes like Misty's hairstyle, Surge with sunglasses etc.

Also, Kanto Gym Leaders are the least likely for strong design-rape, with their designs being the most remembered (after all, they appeared in all Generations so far), which doesn't mean they'll be completely intact. I personally think that it would be MAJOR SUCKAGE if Sugimori just reused their FR/LG artworks...

But there's Janine. She was new in GSC, her artwork does exist but is rare, she hasn't appeared in the anime... I hope for her design to be well-refreshed with new artwork, but not design-raped.

If they didn't redo any Kanto pokemon, what do you think?

Janine probably will get redrawn, I also I wonder if they'll redo Lance and Bruno.

If they didn't redo any Kanto pokemon, what do you think?

People get different treatment. They get stronger redesigns, so they warrant a bigger need for artworks. Also, Sugimori had less work with Pokemon this time, so maybe he'll do some more people.

I wouldn't be so quick to compare people with Pokemon. If their designs are different from FR/LG (the odds are that they will), then an artwork is given.

Maxim, did you hate FRLG?

I'd like re-drawn work of all gym leaders and I think we'll get it.

Maxim, did you hate FRLG?

No. I'm just saying I prefer GSC designs. FRLG ones were too dull.

And, well, hearing so many people bitching that everything from FRLG should be brought back to HGSS, yes, I'm starting to hate it slowly.

God, I just don't want repetitivity...

Okay, well, that might have been because, oh I don't know, it was based off the original games and revamped its artwork.

They weren't bad. But far worse than GSC ones.

I think that seeing Misty with her GSC hairstyle would be much better than with her standard, tired one...

For what it's worth the gym leaders did get redrawn in GSC, but I think they were only portraits.

They weren't bad. But far worse than GSC ones.

I think that seeing Misty with her GSC hairstyle would be much better than with her standard, tired one...

THIS

They better keep Misty's GSC art. It'd be kind of nice. In fact, I kind of hope that they keep most of the GSC art, and that they only change the Kanto leaders who didn't really change from FRLG.

For what it's worth the gym leaders did get redrawn in GSC, but I think they were only portraits.

Fullbody versions do exist.

However, they are so elusive because they were using for Japan-only VS TCG set.

The only way to find them is to find Vs Set booklets, ads, CoroCoro and other magazines from its time... Which is now impossible, they got lost in the time-space continuum.

Back
Top Bottom