• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lance's English name

So... What would be another rocket ship with a Greek influenced name?

So, perhaps either Atlas or Delta...

Ares! I keep sayin', it's perfect for one of them!

I don't picture him as an Ares. Ares is Athena's counterpart in Greek Mythology. They're both gods of war. But Athena and Apollo are obviously counterparts here. So Delta makes the most sense.

I don't picture him as an Ares. Ares is Athena's counterpart in Greek Mythology. They're both gods of war. But Athena and Apollo are obviously counterparts here. So Delta makes the most sense.

Meh, it probably doesn't matter. I figure they'll change more of their names than just his, considering what they did for the Galactic Admins.

Meh, it probably doesn't matter. I figure they'll change more of their names than just his, considering what they did for the Galactic Admins.

True, but I don't know why they would. They're good names for the most part.

True, but I don't know why they would. They're good names for the most part.

"We can't use Pluto! People would confuse that for the dog! We can't use Heath! It's gotta be Tucker!" Etc. etc. etc.

Woody: Hey, w-wait, What happened? What happens next? Come on, let's see the next episode!
Stinky Pete the Prospector: That's it.
Woody: What?
Stinky Pete the Prospector: The show was cancelled after that.
Woody: Wait, wait, wait. What about the gold mine and... and the cute little critters and the dynamite? That was a great show! I mean, why cancel it?
Stinky Pete the Prospector: Two words: Sput-nik. Once the astronauts went up, children only wanted to play with space toys.
Woody: I know how that feels.

Oh lol I thought he was saying like "spot-nick" since the word "nick" could be used like the word "steal" so like the space themed stuff "stole" the spot of the cowboy themed stuff....I get it now...

Well if Greek gods then Ares. If not Ariane. Its both manly and feminine like he is!q

Maybe Game Freak got lazy and named him Bob.

I never noticed a pokemon character name Bob...>>

Just for the record, there's a Bird Keeper Bob in G/S/C (and I can therefore assume possibly HG/SS too) who had a lv. 34 Noctowl. And in German and French dubs, Lt. Surge is known as Major Bob. Also, in the 2nd movie English dub, when Ash found out he was the chosen one, hearing "the world will turn to Ash", he did wish for a moment that he had been named Bob.

Sorry to go off topic. Lol. Just wanted to point that out. ^_^

It could stay lance there are already two drakes,two lilies,two daisies,two clairs,somewhat two brendans,two maxes and there are probably more.

It could stay lance there are already two drakes,two lilies,two daisies,two clairs,somewhat two brendans,two maxes and there are probably more.

No, it couldn't. Both Champion Lance and Rocket Executive Lance have prominent roles in HGSS.

I say no to Greek Gods. The theme is ROCKETS, people! Like in space!

I say the best bets are Ares, Atlas, Taurus, Thor, or Titan. I'm sticking mostly with U.S. rockets seeing as they'll want the rocket names to be recognizable to Americans.

No, it couldn't. Both Champion Lance and Rocket Executive Lance have prominent roles in HGSS.

I say no to Greek Gods. The theme is ROCKETS, people! Like in space!

I say the best bets are Ares, Atlas, Taurus, Thor, or Titan. I'm sticking mostly with U.S. rockets seeing as they'll want the rocket names to be recognizable to Americans.

I said rockets named after Greek myths. The ones you listed are that anyway...

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom