• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: "Look" (TEEN)

Re: "Look" ( Chapter 4&5 up now! Comments welcome!)

“Look”​
Chapter 6, Saga 2.​

Mt.Coronet is the biggest mountain in the Sinnoh Region. Many hikers told of the grueling caves you had to pass, of the long dark treks and eerily quiet tunnels. The Pokemon, depending on which level you go to, are terribly strong, as evidence of the stories old construction workers tell of building the man-made stairs and bridges in the large landmass.

All this however, weren’t going to stop a young man in a trench coat from reaching Pastoria City.

His name was “Looker”, a nickname with a snazzy ring to it. This lean, dark haired boy was on his way to the “Marsh town by the sea” in hopes of becoming a top notch International Police agent.

With his bag, dark green bike for transport, map, and wit he began to pedal faster.

“So I should end up in Hearthome City, then I just need to go south on Route 212. Easy!” he said, nearing the mouth of the cave.

With a final look back on Eterna City, he entered the mountain he had traveled in nearly 3 years ago, the dim light all to present.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m glad this bike was built to last. I would hate to have to walk through this again.”

The rubber wheels jagged up and down on the rough, brown stone floor. He began to hum a tune, allowing the little jive to echo throughout the caverns. Everything was going as planned. Not just the trip to Pastoria, but his whole plan. Getting to Sinnoh, finding his calling, locating an opportunity….all of it- geared like a well oiled bike chain, which, ironically, was propelling him forward through the cave.

Suddenly, a ear-splitting screech entered the air above his head. A wild Pokemon!

Braking, Looker turned and try to see what Pokemon had made that awful noise. It was slightly high pitched, but scratchy and ragged. It almost sounded in pain……almost as if it was angry……almost…….

“……….Almost like that Golbat!” he yelled.

The might winged beast swooped down in front of him. It’s eyes mean and dark, his large wings twitching with anticipation. Inside its wide mouth, three glistening white teeth were ready to chomp down and suck blood. It’s fourth tooth was missing, leaving a blank spot in the dark purple gums of the Golbat.
It was the same Golbat from 3 years ago. The one that gave him that gnarly scar.

“Y-you! What are you doing here?” Looker asked the Pokemon, voice starting to shake at such a foul beast.

It inched closer, still emitting it’s mighty screeches. It had remembered Looker. It had remembered what the boy had taken. It had a grudge.

“Look, just let me pass. I don’t have time for this……” he began to slowly creep to the side, hoping to have enough space to speed by Golbat.

The Golbat licked the empty spot in it’s mouth where his fourth tooth was supposed to go, staring straight at Looker.

“You want your tooth, huh? Is that it? You putrid Pocket Monster?”

“ Wait!” he thought.

He reached into his coat’s pocket and felt the smooth enamel tooth, still there after all these years.

“Ok, ok, I have it…here, jus-”

The Golbat moved about 2 feet away from him, holding out it’s long, oozing tongue, as if to say “Put it here, this is where it goes….”

That’s when Looker noticed the whole ordeal. He, a man. A HUMAN man, was being bullied by a Pokemon. A POKEMON. It was stupid. He wasn’t going to take it.

Clasping the tooth around his hand, he moved a foot away from Golbat and told it “No.” before speeding away on his bike.

Pumping as fast as he could he rocketed away from Golbat, who after a few moments caught on and began to chase him. It’s wings beating down on the air, soon it was only a few feet away from the bike back tire.

“C’mon ding-bat, catch me! You cave dwelling blood sucker!”

Hearing this, the Golbat’s wings swooped up with a mighty gush of wind. Bellowing out yet another cry, it flapped it’s purple wings down, producing an Air Cutter attack. The crescent shaped blade of air swept down at a great speed, making contact with the tire, popping it.

“N-no!” was all Looker could say before his rattling bike crashed on the ground, causing him to tumble onto the rocks.

Struggling to get up, the Golbat swooped down and stood over him, fangs bared.

This was it. His whole life about to be ended with one Bite to the skull. He could already feel the sharp pain tunneling into his skull. The Golbat would suck all his blood from his body, leaving him a dried husk of a man. He closed his eyes, ready for his painful death.

Then, a past memory came into his mind.

He was on the sea, up on the deck of the ship with the other sailors. They were running about doing their duties, and at the back of the wooden deck, Sailor Bruce was doing push ups along with another man.

Bruce was of oriental descent. Narrow eyes, black hair. He was in top physical shape. Washboard abs, slender and strong muscles toning his arms, mighty legs, and very callused hands. Everyday around noon he gathered at that spot and trained some of the other sailors.

“C’mon now. 50 more push-ups.” he barked out to the other sailor.

“Bruce….Bruce, I can’t, my arms are giving out.” It was true. The skimpy sailors arms were beginning to wobble, and thick drops of sweat fell from his forehead.

“No.” Bruce spat.

“You’ll do 50 more. C’mon, only 45 now.”

“But….but I’ll die if I do anymore….”

Bruce sprang up.

“Then die. If you put limits on your body then it spreads to your entire life, your entire being. If you die you die. There are no limits , only plateaus, and you must constantly exceed them.”

These words sparked a fire in the smaller man, who began pumping his arms faster, faster until he reached the 50 mark.

“Good. Go wash up.”

Bruce was a kind soul. Very intelligent, very wise. One of his quotes was “Perfect bodies come from perfect minds.”

Those words always stuck with Looker, but now those words came busting out.

“NO!” he yelled.
He wasn’t going to let this dumb, wild Pokemon take his life. Not like this. He kicked the Golbat in between the eyes, causing it to guard it’s face with it’s wings.

Getting up, Looker crawled to his bike, now a heap of parts, and grabbed the handlebars, which were snapped clean off.

Trying to think of a witty one-liner, he chucked the metallic bike part towards the flailing Golbat. The handlebars landed in it’s mouth, where Golbat swallowed them. It’s mighty screeches were now replaced by choking, gargling noises, the handlebars jammed down Golbat’s throat. Trying to heave the metal bar out of his mouth, the winged Pokemon rolled around on the ground.

Instead of running, Looker stood and watched the Pokemon trying to free itself from it’s misery. He started to laugh at the site, the once powerful monster of Mt.Coronet was now choking on a old bike part. Then, the hacking noises stopped. Had the thing swallowed them? Had it coughed them up? The purple Pokemon raised up, put on it’s best Mean Look, and opened it’s maw. A shrill bell ring bellowed out from it’s mouth. Golbat snapped its mouth closed, looked down at its mouth, opened again, tried to screech, and again, only the sound of a bike bell was heard.

“Ahahaaahahaha! You must of swallowed the bike ringer too!” He laughed at the cartoon like site in front of him.

Humiliated, the Golbat flew away, still trying to screech, but still sounding out a bike bell chime.

Looker laughed some more, and continued to the exit on foot. After awhile, he saw a light. Outside. He ran into the sunshine. He had lost his bike, but he still had his life, his bag, and the Golbat’s tooth and pride. And he was now in Hearthome City.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES: As always, comments, tips, criticism welcome! Again, 25 points to whoever can guess the “Special Guest Sailor.” The answers to the last chapter-Guest Sailors-John Steinback and Benjerman "Scatman" Crothers. Hidden Character- You'll find out. Return Character-The Golbat.

Last edited:
Re: "Look" ( Chapter 6 up now! Comments welcome!)

Lol. I had to laugh at that. "The Ringing Golbat"...has a ring to it, don't you think? lol. OK, I;m done making random jokes.
All in all, excellent! You've given another example of Looker's bravery. Great character development!

Re: "Look" ( Chapter 3 up now! Comments welcome!)

I agree about the tenses thing. Try to keep consistent on whichever you choose.

Also, it might be good to add a little more meat to the bones of your story. Basically, the majority of the chapters are back and forth dialogue, which is fine, but it would be good to break some of it up with description. Describe what's going on during the conversation.

So yeah, other than needing more description, I think this is a great story idea. You have good writing skills, so I'm confident that this will be very good.
I think this still stands. ;)

Thanks for reading guys. Magnus Prime-Gee,thanks! Ace-Nope, good guess though. It's Bruce Lee. Lugion-What still stands(smile/wink)?

Thanks for reading guys. Magnus Prime-Gee,thanks! Ace-Nope, good guess though. It's Bruce Lee. Lugion-What still stands(smile/wink)?
Your descriptions are lacking, but otherwise, it's good.

“Look”
Chapter 7, Saga 2

Hearthome City was quite large. Houses, stores, and buildings dominated the city streets. A large Foreign Building of some sort loomed over the city, and a large Gym took up the north-eastern part. To the northern most part, a park took up space, and finally a glorious Contest Hall was placed in the center of town.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He started to walk to the south of town.

He noticed a flock of people trying to enter the large Contest Hall, the crowd screaming. Some trying to barge into the glass doors, the others, probably Contest Officials, trying to buffer the masses. What a commotion.
Walking up to man clutching a microphone and note-pad, he asked-

“What’s going on? Something happen?”

The reporter whipped around, fright in his eyes.

“The Contest Trophy has gone missing! Somebody stole it! Stole it right from under the judges noses!”

“Oh wow. Any idea who?”

“No, but the whole place is under lockdown. No one in, no one out. That way the thief can’t escape! We know whoever it is still inside!”

The reporter sounded frantic, a little silly considering its just a trophy…

“Hm…have any detectives working on it?” Looker asked with curiosity.

“Heck if I know. Nobody can get in. It’s crazy.”

“Oh, I’ll get in….just you wait.”

Before the reporter could reply, he ran around to the back of the building. Scanning the area for ways in, he saw a door. Upon testing it however, he found it was locked.

“Blast! There has to be a way in…this isn’t a fort……”

A parked truck was close to the wall. It was the truck that transported the decorations, so it had a trailer hitched to the back of it. Perfect for getting close to the roof.

With a nimble and agile leap, he crawled to the top of the trailer.

“Ok, I’m still too low to reach the roof….I need a ladder…..of a rope…or a……pole!”

Standing just behind the truck was a telephone pole, straight across from the top corner of the building.

“Piece of cake!”

He ran and jumped for the telephone pole. Wrapping his arms and legs around it, he began to shimmy upwards. His days of climbing the masts of the ship had paid off, this was easy after that.

“Ok, I’m at the top, now I need to make it over to the roof…..”

The gap was about 12 feet between the telephone pole and roof. He was about 20 feet above the concrete.

“I hope I can make this…….here goes nothing!”

Using all his strength he sprung off the pole, arms outreached. Time seemed to slow down, the roof getting closer as he began to lose altitude. Would he make it? Or would he become a spattered mess for the Hearthome sanitary unit to scrape up?

He made it. Slamming into the corner of the building, he let the air leave his lungs. He grabbed the ledge and pulled his legs up. The air had been knocked out of him, but he was safe.

“Ok, now to drop into the building.”

He raised up and ran to a ventilation shaft, metal grate blocking the opening. Cool air rushed from within.

The grate slipped right out of the vent, allowing the air to blow more freely. Voices could be heard from below.

He crawled into the vent and peered downward. Darkness. He was 3 stories high. He would have to lower himself down slowly, using his hands and feet to hold onto the sides.

“Ok, easy stuff….easy stuff.”

Pressing his hands and feet to the sides of the vent, he let his weight off the metal. His “easy stuff” was easier said than done.

“AH! Metal is slippery!”

The cold metal was too slick for traction. Looker began a free-fall down the dark shaft.

“AUUUGGGHHHHH-Oomph!”

He crashed through a similar metal grate and landed on a couch with a thud.

“Ohhhh……my back……”

Before he could ramble out curse words shrill screams filled his ear. He looked up.

It was a dressing room full of girls and ladies, around thirty of them. Some around his age, some adults. A dressing room. Full of girls. Girls. The females used clothes to cover their bare body parts so Looker wouldn’t see.

“You dirty perv! GET OUTTA THE GIRLS ROOM!!!”

Back still throbbing, he blushed.

“I’m terribly sorry, I di-”

“Out! Out! We’re getting dressed!” one girl screamed.

“Look, If you’ll gimme time to ge-”

“I won’t give you anything!!!!” another yelled at him.

“I’m here to solve the trophy robbery a-”

“Out! Get!”

This girl, however, went right up to the 17 year old and grabbed him by the ear and began to tug him towards the door.

“Ah! Ah! Watch the ear, tootse!”

“Tootse? Why, I never-!”

Before the brash lady chucked him out the door, another voice came.

“Wait, Mary, let him go!”

It was Johanna. She was in a cream colored dress that hung to her knees. She had her hair styled up and a nice shade of lipstick covered her lips. Her high heels clicked the tile as she walked over to Looker and Mary.

“Why, Johanna? You know this creeper?”

“Yes! And he isn’t a creeper! He’s Looker!”

“A looker? Sure, he’s ok, but I wouldn’t call him a looker.” Mary said, still holding onto his ear with pinched fingers.

“Just let him go!”

With his ear free, he began to rub his sore ear.

“That was worse than ‘Ding-Bat’s’ Bite attack….” he thought, giving Mary a sour look.

“Looker, What are you doing here?” Johanna asked in a soothing tone.

“I heard about the Contest Trophy going missing and I thought ‘Hm, a dark mystery over a valuable item? This seems like a job for Looker-Detective beyond compare!!!’”
He struck a daring pose for the rest of the ladies, who just giggled.

“Oh yeah. We have to stay here until it’s found. But you can’t just waltz out there and look for it! You’ll get in trouble!”

“I got this babe. Now then, to the case!”

Looker loved his new found banter. The thrill of solving a crime coursed through his veins and controlled his dialogue. He loved it.

Running to the wardrobe he stepped in and shut the wooden doors. After a few seconds of ruffling and bumping, he jumped back out, this time wearing his dad’s old office suit, but still wearing his trench coat.

He tossed his pack to a young blonde sitting in a chair.

“Mind watching my things for me, miss?”

Before she could protest he ran to the door and swung it open. With a look back he winked at the room full of girls and shut the door behind him.

The ladies stood frozen. They had just seen some in a trench coat guy fall from the vent and say he was a “detective beyond compare”. And Johanna knew him.

“Um….Johanna? How do you know that guy again?”

“Old running around buddies……..” she replied, still bewildered at what just happened.

“Oh. What’s his problem? He sounds foreign….he from crazy-land?” the other girls laughed at this.

“Shut up, Jenna.”

She didn’t care about the other girls. Looker had called her “babe”.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hall was bigger than expected. Door after door, room after room. The thief had all kinds of places to hide.

Steps echoed behind him. Somebody was coming. Looking for a place to hide he jumps behind a stack of boxes and peers to see the person walking by.

It was a security guard. The man had a large build and dull eyes. He retrieved a radio from his belt and clicked it on.

“Hallways clear. Go ahead and get that puppy out of here. All is a go.”

Looker couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Were the guards here corrupt? In on the scheme? What a twist! A new angle to the case! It all excited him. He continued to listen.

“What? You need me to help? Its just one trophy, it ca-” he was interrupted.

“Ok, fine. I’m on my way. Over and out.”

The guard placed his radio back onto his belt and started to walk away. While the guard was doing this, Looker was planning. Now was his time to strike.

He jumped out from behind the boxes and tackled the bigger man from the side, causing him to fall to his knees.

“Whattha- KID! Get out of here! You can’t be out here!”

“Oh ho ho, Mr.Guard. I heard your little chat, and I’m not going to let it happen!”

“Little puke…..I’ll tear you a new hole!” The guard rushed him, hand outreached.

He ducked down into a ball, making the guard trip over him, sending him crashing to the ground. Seizing his chance, he hopped on top of the guard and put him into a head lock.

“You little brat! Get off! I’ll beat you ‘till you’re blue! “

Trying to pry Looker off, the guard stood up and flailed madly.

“No! You and your companions are robbers!”

“Agh! Get off!”
The guard had no other choice. He retrieved a Pokeball from his pocket and threw it to the ground. A bright red flash of light lit the area and a grey, canine like Pokemon appeared. It growled and bared it’s teeth at the intruder.

“Mightyena! Shadow Ball! Get this little snot!”

A dark orb of energy charged within the Dark Types mouth, and then shot forward, the attack gaining speed as it did so.

Looker closed his eyes, hoping the attack misses its mark.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bam. Chapter 7 ends with a cliff-hanger.

Again as always-Thanks for reading! Comments, criticism, tips welcome!

No “Special Guest Sailor” this time. Here’s a spoiler for next chapter- He meets Croagunk.

Re: "Look" ( Chapter 7 up now! Comments welcome!)

Lolz. Johanna is a return character! HA! Wonder what will go rong with that couple?

Ouch...embarrassing for Looker. He does seem a bit keen on the job. Nice!

Lolz. Johanna is a return character! HA! Wonder what will go rong with that couple?

No, no, the return character was chapter 6 and it was "Ding-Bat" the Golbat.

That description's improving. Just watch your wording a little. Nothing quite like "Immortally looking" or anything :)P) but just a few spots here and there.

“Look”
Chapter 8, Saga 2

The purplish ball of energy barreled towards the two men tussling in the concrete hallway, a crackling sound emitting from it.

Looker, still clasped around the Guards neck, cringes. This was going to hurt. The Mightyena aimed the attack right at him. He closed his eyes and hoped for the best.

-SKOOSH!BSHHS!-

“AUUUGGGHHHHH!!!”

The Shadow Ball had missed it’s mark! It had sunk downward and hit the guard in his knee! Looker was safe!

The savage-dog like Pokemon yelped at his faulty accuracy, worried about his Trainer.

The Guard fell to the ground, grabbing his knee. His pant leg was tattered and a thick chunk of skin was blown smooth off his kneecap, blood starting to spill out. The sheer trauma caused the injured man to pass out.

Looker raised up and though of what to do next. He grabbed the Pokeball from the guards belt and quickly withdrew the Dark Type Pokemon.

“Ok, took care of that, now to get to the trophy!”

He started to run down the hall, but then stopped.

“Wait…need a….disguise!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The other imposters in security outfits were resting in a lounge room. In the center of the lounge was a shimmering, golden trophy, a bright ribbon design in the center of the cup. A large plate was on the base, and the ornate handles had tiny diamonds running through them.

A rather greasy, sickly looking man was rubbing his hands together intensely, gazing at the amazing award. His hair was black and stringy, his nose crooked, and his mouth twisted into a sinister sneer.

“Ahaha! Stealing these outfits were genius! No one has bothered to look in this room! We’re going to become rich! Rich like loyalty!” he screeched to the other twenty men, who all nodded and agreed.

“We are Team Chivalry, after all!” one man spoke up.
“No, we should be Team Helicopter! That’s a name!” another one said.

“No, if anything we’re going to go with-”

Before the arguing could continue, a knock came at the door.

“Who is it?” the main man called out.

“It’s um…me, here to help with the trophy.”

“Took you long enough. Let him in.”

A man opened the door and the person on the other end walked into the lounge.

The man was a little shorter than the rest, and his uniform seemed to sag, as if it was too big for him. His guard hat was pulled low over his eyes.

“Man, Mel, you get the right size when we stole these?” the doorman asked.

“Er, um, yeah. Too big. Now lets get to that trophy.”

Looker couldn’t believe it. He had infiltrated the group of crooks. He was going to pull it off.

“Wait just a minute. This seems fishy. I remember Mel being taller..and wider……” the sickly man said, mean eyes narrowing.

He gulped.

“I, er, you know……”

“And you sound like you have a cold or something….you’re not Mel….who are you?” the man with the raspy voice spat.

The rest of the men gathered around him, surrounding him in a arena.

He sneered, and struck a wide stance.

“So you saw through my rouse…..very well, I’m Looker-”

He threw off the guard uniform with one, swift motion, so quick all they saw was a flash of clothes, revealing Looker in his true clothes.

“Detective beyond compare!”

The gang of crooks stared at one another. Was some kid really pulling this?

“I know about your little heist, and I’m here to return the trophy and take you dirty thieves in!”

Some men started to laugh.

“You and what army, pipsqueak?” the leader asked, cracking his knuckles.

“Yeah kid, we’ll just pop your bones and tear your muscles….” another said.

“Y-you don’t scare me, you filthy crooks…..”

“C’mon guys, bash the little brat!”

The group of men rushed him, trying to dog-pile him. Acting fast, he jumped to the side of one, ducked under another, kicked one in the ribs, and slid under the table.

The swarm of brutes pursued him, arms outreached. One grabbed his ankle and tugged him out from under the table. He jabbed his thumb in the mans eye and scrabbled to his feet. A fist pegged him on the right of his face, and a knee rammed into his stomach.

“Ok, let up, lets see if he’ll leave now…...”

They backed away from the kid holding his stomach, panting.

“Th-(huff, pant) That all you got? A Magikarp hits harder…”

The onslaught picked back up, and try as he might more hits connected to his head and body. He returned some punches, some knocking back the larger men, but now stopping. An open palm slammed into his nose, a karate chop slapped at his neck. It was brutal, it was unfair. He couldn’t take much more, and he knew it.

Two men held his arms while he was catching his breath and spitting blood. The leader of the pack came up and began to wail on him with powerful punches.

“Stupid kid. We’re adults your messing with. That stupid coat and tie doesn’t make you some detective, moron!”

Grunting with each blow, he tried to break from the beating. He tensed is arms and raised is legs, and kicked the center man in-between the legs.

“OWCH!”

With his chance open, he jerked his arms out of the buff men and darted for the trophy, more thieves standing in his way.

He threw his right arm at one man’s face, fist clenched. It splattered against his eye, making him look away. Another went in to kick him, but he dodged, clasped the guy’s ankle, and twisted quickly. A “snap” was heard and the man fell.

This was his first brawl, his first violent encounter. It wasn’t easy, and it hurt. A lot. He was risking his life to stop these criminals. He was being beaten and bruised for justice. He didn’t mind getting a little roughed up for that.

He was close to the golden trophy now. A man wrapped his arms around his legs while another tackled him to the tile floor. Pinning him down with his knees, he began to punch him in the face over and over and over. Right side of the face. Left side. Right. Left. Each time his head jerked. With his arms pinned, he thrust his head up between hits and smashed the top of his skull into the attackers nose, busting it open, causing him to fall over.

He swatted off the last few men and grabbed the trophy. More started to rush him, including the boss. He swung the large golden award like a bludgeon and hit a guy across the head, knocking him out. He repeated this again with the blunt object, K.O.ing another man.

With his path clear he ran for the door, threw it open, and ran down the hallway, a group of angry men chasing after him.

The pure thrill of the case powered his legs down the maze like hallways. He came across the first guard he ran into, only this time in his under clothes. He hopped over him and continued to run. Three men didn’t notice the lump on the floor and tripped, the remaining two left to catch him.

His lungs were on fire. His head was throbbing and his face ached. His nose was oozing blood, running down the side of his mouth and chin, and some drops slipping down his neck.
He had to keep going, had to find the Contest Officials. The two men, one being the leader of the group, and another imposter guard, were gaining on him. But he couldn’t give up. Not now.

He saw a double door ahead. A sign above read “Main Contest Room”. He burst through the metal doors and clambered down the stadium seats, the two men right behind him. He reached the bottom, landing on his feet, in front of a plump man with a mustache and a lady dressed in pink., who jumped back at the sudden crash.

“What are you doing here???”

The exasperated boy stood up and held out the trophy.

“I-I found the trophy, a-and (pant) these men were going t-t-(pant)..”

By his time the other two men reached the floor and crashed over one another, falling down.

“The trophy! My word! Where was it?” the older gentlemen asked, placing it in his own hands.

“Those guys, they (pant) they had it and were going to take it.”

“The guards?” the lady shrieked. “But why?”

Wiping away sweat and blood from his bruised face he straightened up and grinned.

“Those aren’t guards, ma’m. Their imposters, crooks!”

“My boy, because of you the Contest can go on!”

The Officials contacted the local police and the rest of the criminal gang was rounded up by the male contestants. Soon the squad cars arrived and carried the imposters away, the leader cursing under his breath. After getting checked by a on scene paramedic, Looker was released.

“Now that all of that is over, time to go to Pastoria City!” he said, making his way back to get his pack.

Many people shook his hand as he passed them, thanking him for his heroic deed. One man gave him a Poke-styled, blue duffel bag with an assortment of Pokemon Items.

He finally reached the girls dressing room and knocked the door. A busty blonde answered and called “Johanna, you’re boyfriend is here!”

“Jenna! He isn’t- Augh, just forget it!”

He stepped inside and greeted all the girls.

“Ladies, ladies, I’m here to pick up my bag…” he said, putting on his best “suave-guy” impression.

“Here it is Looker.” Johanna said, handing him the pack.

“Well, looks like I have to go now…”

“Well, it was nice to see you again, even though…you know…”

“Yeah….I’m going to try out for the International Police….”

“Really?!? That’s great!”

“Thanks!”

The two stood there, Johanna still having one hand on the back pack.
The rest of the girls were watching.

“Aww!! What cuties!”
“TeeHee! This like that love novel!”
“Oh lord, such love!”

More comments continued to be whispered among the ladies.

“I’ll see you later, Johanna.” he finally said, throwing his pack over his shoulder.

“Ok…good luck. I’ll be hoping for you!”

“Heh, thanks! Good luck with the Contest!”

With that he turned, hopped in the wardrobe, and in a few second hopped out, wearing traveling clothes and trench coat combo, and walked out of the door.

Johanna stood there, grinning.

“That boy-toy of yours is going to get killed in the I.P. you know.”

“Jenna, shut up! At least she has a ‘Boy-toy!”

“Cindy, stay out of this!”

The group of girls began to squawk and claw at one another, all except Johanna, who was still grinning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It 4 o’clock now, the sun beginning to lower into the sky. He had spent longer than intended in Hearthome City. He began to run .

He reached Route 212 and still ran. His body ached, his face was sore, and his nose bruised. But he had to hurry, the ship would be leaving at 6 o’clock. He had to make it, no matter the cost.

The tired boy stopped, catching his breath gulps at a time. He had exerted a lot of energy between sneaking into the Contest Hall, wrestling the guard, fighting with the crooks, and running from them.

He looked up. A thin wall of trees were to the side of him, a mansion of some sort to the south of him, a long road winding around the estate. Behind the trees was a swamp, it’s thick murk covering the ground. Tall grass hid wild Pokemon, and mud coated them. He remembered reading in his atlas that Pastoria City had a Marsh to the north of it. He could cut through the Marsh and make it to Pastoria sooner!
Squeezing his way through the trees, he stepped into the Marsh, carefully stepping on a rock to stay dry. The Marsh smelled pungent and wet. Quagsires were feeding, Bibarels bathing in thick mud.

“Why would Pokemon choose to live here?” he asked himself before walking south, hoping to see the outline of the city soon.

After a while Looker saw a track cutting the Marsh down the center. No Pokeman were standing on the track, making a clear, easy path over the swamp.

“Great! This will be easy!”

He climbs up on the track and begins to walk again.

The city was becoming visible, outlines of buildings popping up. He was close, a faint ocean breeze reaching his nostrils. He began to run yet again, new energy flowing through him.

A blue creature was sitting on the track, legs dangling off the side. It had orange cheeks and orange middle fingers, three fingers on each lanky arm. It’s eyes drooped had dark borders around them. Some of it’s white teeth were visible, and it seemed to be smiling. The strange Pokemon turned and looked at Looker, it’s orange cheeks puffing out and deflating. It was as tall as Looker’s knee, and two white “banded” stripes were wrapped around its middle.

“Croa? Gunk?” it seemed to asked, squinting an eye.

“Um..excuse me, but I need to pass, so…yeah.” he started to walk past the Pokemon, giving it no second thought.

“Croagunk! Croa!” it bellowed without opening it’s mouth. It raised up, ran in front of Looker, and held out an arms at his side as if to block his advanced.

“Whats your problem pal? I just want to pass.”

The Croagunk shook its head.

“Gunk! Croagunk!”

The Croagunk was annoying. It enjoyed causing trouble. And wasting time.

“Look you, I have a schedule to keep, now stop being a nuisance and move!”

“Croagnk! Croagunk!”

What was the Croagunks deal? Out of options, and knowing he would be pushed off the track if he tried to pass the creature, he knelt down and opened the duffel bag.

“Darn, you got me, may as well just rest here for awhile…..”

Croagunk crossed his arms and laughed.

“Croa! Croa!” its victorious chuckles echoing.

He searched through his duffel bag. A ribbon case……a bow…..some stickers…..

“What is this crud? This can’t help me get pass the Croagunk!” he thought “Wait……”

A Pokeball! The tiny red and white sphere wasn’t used, it was brand new. But could Looker be able to catch the Pokemon just by throwing it? Did he even want the Pokemon? Did the I.P. allow Pokemon? It didn’t matter, he had to get to Pastoria. He stood up, holding the Pokeball behind his back.

“As a symbol of my defeat, I’ll give you-”

The yellow-eyed Pokemon walked closer.

“A Pokeball! Hya!”

He threw the Pokeball at Croagunk, which hit him, bounced off his skull, snapped open, and engulfed Croagunk in a red light. The Pokeball fell to the tracks and began to wiggle. The tiny red button on it was flashing red, then white, then red. The ball jiggled once, twice, three times before a small “click” chimed from within. Looker had caught Croagunk!

“That showed you.” he sneered.

He picked up the Pokeball holding the Croagunk and ran down the tracks, Pastoria City getting closer.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading and any comments, tips, or criticism welcome!

No “Special Guest” this chapter either.

Last edited:
Re: "Look" ( Chapter 8 up now! Comments welcome!)

Lol. Just lol. I laughed so hard at that argument over the team name.

Watch your tenses. ;)

You know, I never knew lookers pokemon. Did he ever use any in Pt?

You know, I never knew lookers pokemon. Did he ever use any in Pt?

You never really saw any of them except for his Croagunk, which only appears post-E4.

You never really saw any of them except for his Croagunk, which only appears post-E4.

I was going to make him take that Mightyena in, but then I thought it wouldn't be a Pokemon he would use, and I knew he had a Croagunk. Next Chapter tomorrow or Friday.

Last edited:

"Look"
Chapter 9, Saga 2

Looker jumped off the tracks just as a red trolley car zoomed by, carrying a group of young Trainers. He was at the gate of the Great Marsh, Pastoria City laid ahead.

He walked through the gatehouse and stopped by the posted guard.

“Excuse me, but do you know where the docks are?” he asked the man, hoping this guard wouldn’t punch him in the face like his last experience.’’

“Yes, just due south, and the docks are to your left.” he said, not lowering his magazine.

“Ok, thanks. Oh, and I caught this Pokemon that was blocking the tracks, should I turn it in to you?”

“Hm? You say you caught it? Then it’s yours. Keep it.” the guard said, apparently now knowing Looker had trespassed into the Marsh.

“Oh, ok. Will do. “

He walked out of the gatehouse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Great! Now I’m stuck with this cranky Croagunk! I doubt the I.P. even allows Pokemon!” He fumed. He pulled the red and white Pokeball from his big coat pocket and looked it over. He had never liked Pokemon, especially after his previous encounters with “Ding-Bat” the Golbat and Mightyena, the thing that almost killed him with a Shadow Ball attack.

“But” he thought “This is still a living Pokemon, I wouldn’t feel right just releasing it outside the Marsh….”

He thought it over. Sure, the Croagunk was stubborn for no reason, but it had a certain character to it. It was bold, It was cocky. Surely a Pokemon of these traits couldn’t be all bad.

He tossed the Pokeball to the ground, freeing the Croagunk. The Poison-Fighting Type gave Looker a evil glare before squatting down and sitting on the ground. It hadn’t liked being surprised like that without any warning. This strange human had pulled a dirty trick.

“Hey there, Croagunk. I’m Looker. I kinda caught you back there…”

The blue Pokemon stared at him, orange cheeks inflating and deflating slightly, eyes narrow and disgruntled.

“Hey now, no hard feelings right?” he asked, showing a smile.

“Croa! Croa!” Croagunk yelped.

“Look, I’m sorry I took you away from your home……but I’m away from my home too. We have that in common, right? And I may be wrong, but you’re the kind of Pokemon that likes adventure right? What other Pokemon traveled up on the tracks?”

At this Croagunk tilted his head and raised an eye as if to listen closer. Perhaps this human deserved more credit.

“”Now I have a chance to become an International Police Agent and travel the world. The whole world,, and go on adventures! Sounds like fun right? So what do you say? Me and you team up and adventure together? Deal?”

Croagunk raised up, placed his hands behind his back, and paced back and forth, thinking.

“Gunk.” it said “Croagunk gunk!” Croagunk waved his arms above his head and smiled. Glad that his new Pokemon had decided to be his partner, he crouched down and offered a hand shake to seal the deal, which Croagunk shook.

Looker had found a new friend, one he though would last. Croagunk found a new friend, and had a feeling they would be partners for awhile to come.

“Now c;mon Croagunk, we have to get to the dock!”

Croagunk saluted and was beamed back up in his Pokeball.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A large, white cruise ship took up most of the docks. Printed across the side read “S.S. Condria”. It was 5:14, and people around his age and some older were boarding the extravagant vessel. They looked proud, confident. They cam in all sizes. Tall, wide, thin, fat. Dark, pale, long hair, buzzed hair. Boys, girls, all loading the ship, passing a sign in desk before the ramp. Following suite, Looker strode up to the desk.

“Is this where I board for the International Police?” he asked the man in the crisp blue suit. He had black hair, stubble, and a look of relaxation on his face.

The man with thick sideburns pulled down his sunglasses and looked him over.

“How old are you buddy?”

“17 sir.”

“Sure, you’re old enough, sign your name. You got here right in time, the Ol’ Condria is filling up quick.”

“Cool! So how do they choose who’ll get in? how many will they choose?” he asked scribbling his name on the paper.

“They’ll explain all that on the boat.”

“Ok, thanks.”

He walked up the ramp and was handed a card with the number “4” on it.

“Must be a room key…”

He followed a sign posted on the deck of the ship down to the sleeping quarters to room #4. Inside was another young man, maybe a year older than Looker with dark, slicked down hair wearing a blazer and another, shorter kid with glasses and messy brownish-blond hair, wearing a shirt with…with a Hypno riding a Pidgeot, Persian clutched in either talon.

“Welcome to room #4. Want top bunk or bottom? Timmy over there got the single bed..”

“Oh, hey. Sure, I’ll take top bunk.” he said, throwing his things down.

“Names Greg.” the older kid said, his dull blue eyes showing nothing.

“Looker, nice to meet you.”

“And I’m Timmy! I like walks on the beach and trains and food and my Munchlax and poop and-”

Before Timmy could continue, Looker shook his hand to stop his rambling.

“Pleased to meet you, Timmy.”

He was amazed they could fit a pair of bunk beds and a single bed inside the small sleeping cabin. It was a palace compared to the cramped wooden beams he had slept on while with the Sailors.

“So they just expect us to stay in our rooms until they call us or what?” he asked his roommates.

“Ch, who knows. I hear I.P. Director Cullen is here and is going to give us some speech.” Greg replied.

“I heard we’re going to some island complex ran by the International Police.” Timmy said.

“Huh, ok. Guess we’ll stay here for awhile then. A whole island eh? Wow.”
Greg seemed distant and Timmy seemed hyperactive and crazy. But he was sure he’d grow to know them and like them as friends.

“So you guys bring a Pokemon? It‘s a requirement.” Greg asked the others, sitting on his bunk.

“I brought my Munchlax who can run and kick and fly and eat and poop and eat and-”

“I have my Golduck with me.” Greg interrupted.

“I brought Croagunk.” Looker said.

The tree boys relished their respective Pokemon and let them get acquainted with one another, although Munchlax mostly looked for food. Golduck, like his Trainer, seemed distant and cool headed. Croagunk crossed his arms and let his cheeks expand.

“So how’d you get the bruises on your face?” Greg asked.

“Ah, I’ll tell you the story…. “

The S.S. Condria lunged forward and began to float into the ocean as a columns of thick smoke billowed from the two large smokestacks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wow! I wish me and Munchlax could run in and fight with bad guys and dodge and punch and-”

“Heh, that’s pretty brutal. But why were you in a Contest Hall anyway?” the older boy asked.

“Oh, I knew a girl that was competing, so I “dropped in” to see her.”

“Whatta Romeo.” Greg smirked.

“I read some where that p-”

Before Timmy could finish, the P.A. system boomed throughout the ship. Timmy, however, still talked.

“All passengers please come to the main deck of the ship at once! That is all.”

“-ears. They can smell the menst-”

“C’mon guys, lets go.” Looker said, heading out the door, barely able to contain his excitement. Greg followed, hands in pockets, followed by Timmy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The upper deck of the ship was crammed with bright eyed, young souls all wanting the same thing. The noise of the crowd boomed, and anxiousness lingered in the sea air, air that was familiar to the seventeen year old in the brown trench coat.

A wooden stage was standing before the crowd, and a few International Police Agents sat in chairs on either side of the podium in the center, a golden “I.P.” painted on it. The man closest to the podium had his feet kicked up on the podium and was relaxing, hands behind head.

A large man with a squared, black mustache walked up and called out to the crowd to quiet down, gaining their attention.

His hair was cut short and was black. His face had a few wrinkles, his eyes were soft yet stern, as if they had seen all of life and its mysteries. He looked at the sea of people before him and smiled. He straightened his I.P. Uniform, making sure the multiple crests and emblems were in the right spot. He adjusted the microphone and pulled it close to his mouth.

“I…….” he paused. If anyone else was whispering, they instantly went silent upon hearing the mans deep, toning, amazing voice.

“I am I.P. Cullen, and I lead the international Police.”

Girls began to swoon at the man’s buttery voice, men crossed their arms and nodded slightly in recognition.

“The world needs us. Now more than ever. Gangs in Kanto and Hoenn rising everyday. It is up to us to stop these criminal forces. This, is where you come in. We need brave, bold agents. You will all try to become part of this esteemed global force. Only some, however, will make the cut. You will be put through training courses, critical tests, and more during your stay on the International Police HQ. If you make it, you’ll be thrown into the world of crime stopping and detective work. If you do not make it, you’ll return home a better person for it. While during your training, you will listen to any Officer. They are some of the top Agents and,”

Before Cullen finished, he pushed the mans feet off the podium, causing him to wake up from his nap.

“As I was saying, all of these fine Officers are top Agents, when they want to be, so treat them with respect. I thank you all for being here and for your attention. We’ll arrive in HQ tomorrow. Any answers you have will be answered tomorrow. From this point on you are all know as Trainees. Return to your bunks after touring the ship. Thank you.”

Director Cullen stepped away and left the stage, where the Officers stood and left as well, the one with sideburns the last one up.
The crowd dispersed. Looker lost Greg and Timmy, so he decided to tour the ship alone. And by “tour the ship” he meant think about what the future was. He walked down the wooden sides of the huge cruiser, looked down at the gentle waves. This was really it. Leaving home and making his own life had come to this. He was so close to his goal. So, so close. It was night time now and the moon hung in the sky. He released Croagunk to let him enjoy the night time air. The two stood, leaning over the edge of the railing, Croagunk’s legs dangling.

“You ready for this Croagunk?” He asked the Poison-Fighting Type.

“Croaaaaagunk!” the blue Pokemon replied.

Distant lights were cutting through the night, lighting up the far-away coast line of the Sinnoh Region. The silver stars seemed to gaze down at the two, like giant eyes watching an adventure unfold.

Looker had his brown eyes set straight ahead, and although bruised and tired, he only saw good, good things.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Shorter than usual. Chapter 9.

Comments welcome! As well as tips and criticism! Thanks for reading!

Did you guys think the way I introduced Croagunk to Looker was ok?

25 points to whoever tells me what movie I referenced this chapter!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom