• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LX's Multimedia Agenda

Cferra

Superhero!!
Reaction score
I'm thinking of rebooting and reviving the Multimedia forum as it seems to have lost it's purpose. So, I am bringing forth an idea that I would appreciate feedback from as it concerns everyone here and it is necessary that I get feedback from people no matter how small. It needs feedback and as head of Multimedia, I am asking for it.

First off, the forum seems to focus a little too much on LJ icons. Now, before you say that I'm against LJ icons, I'm not. I just think we need to realize Multimedia is more than that as all I see going on in there is LJ icon related things. We need to realize that there's more to Multimedia than that. I ralize that's what people want for the moment but the way Multimedia is now, was never really my intent when I asked the powers that be in charge of this board to make it.

The intent was to showcase desktop icons. Not buddy ones or LJ icons as they are online and not what I intended. I intended Multimedia to be used for desktop creations. So, that's why I'm proposing a series of how to threads. For example, I would like to show how to make cursors, icons and even Pokebuddies. I'm not sure of the validity of LJ icons as multimedia in itself but, if they were expanded into wallpapers, then it'd be Multimedia as the title applies to desktop use.

Speaking of desktop use, I would also like to make a Faq of sorts on making desktop themes and possibly animated gifs. I'll even post examples of my cursors as animated gufs. What I need from all of you, is cooperation, feedback on this idea and anything else.

I'm not going to end us using the board for LJ icons just yet but I need for everyone to realize that there's more to Multimedia than that and I would like submissions of what I described above and in Faqs as well. I know I'm asking a lot but I needed help in making it work since I can't do things by myself.

That's why I have DS helping me out but I would like feedback on the various things on my site which is where the Multimedia stuff will go. Such as Pokebuddies, Icons and cursors. I'm not advertising the site. It's the place where the downloads will go and that's essentially what the purpose is. Downloads for the desktop.

My site is here: http://ledianx.bulbagarden.net I realize this isn't a big thing at BMG but it could be bigger than it is with your help. I would like it to be more than what it is now. I appreciate any tips people may have.

Please reply as I need feedback from everyone.

LX

Sounds good. If you have desktop stuff, should the thread for showing off desktops be moved to that section?

It will be, but I wanted to discuss the ideas first before I said we needed to scale back the lj icons as I didn't want to take them away just yet. Jury's still out on the lj icons but I wanted to talk here about changing the focus of Multimedia beforehand.

LX

Multimedia includes the prefix multi- ; don't drop something simply because it resides on the internets and not on any one user's hard disk. At the same time, there's no reason why you shouldn't work up a set of desktop icons that is very appealing to people who want to use the. There are two segments, online and offline, in the world of fan-based useful art, and I think you need to embrace both, but renewing focus on the HDD-based segment isn't a bad idea at all.

I don't think moving against the LJ icons at this point in time is a good idea for BMG.

While they may not be what you first have in mind, they're the multimedia-related (downloads or not is not relevant to the issue; they are, by the admin's definitions, part of multimedia), items people are interested in.

As such, while I can understand ADDING new sort of multimedia items to it (icons, buddies, etc), I absolutely cannot and will not support a move against LJ icons.

I'm not moving against the LJ icons as I don't care one way or the other. I will acknowledge them but I still would like a shift of focus. They aren't going anywhere. I would just like to shift focus because people should know that there's more to Multimedia than lj icons and debating whether or not they are Multimedia is for another thread.

The focus of Multimedia is changing and lj icons can be a part and still involved but the main part I would like is the desktop things I was talking about, which I still need feedback on.

LX

Chris, the main focus of a specific forum (as opposed to an entire message board) is something that one man alone can't really change.

If the majority wants LJ icons...then there just isn't much you can do about it.

Damian, just because you say that, doesn't necessarily mean others share your view. It's not that big a change either and no one will really notice aside from a few Faqs and a few posts by me.

LX

I like the idea of making 'how-to' threads. However, I would like to add one more thing that's online that some might find useful: LJ layouts featuring different types of Pokémon or human characters from the anime.

WinAmp skins could work. Find some people who know how to make them and no problem. I was thinking Sims skins too.

LX

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom