• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
His mouth looks too wide- more like a Raichu's (or Quagsire's) mouth than anything like Ash's previous artwork.
423px-Ash_M21.png
026Raichu.png

All the previous Ash artworks had smaller and normal looking mouths. M21 artwork overall feels weird. It isn’t bad but weird.

His mouth looks too wide- more like a Raichu's (or Quagsire's) mouth than anything like Ash's previous artwork.
423px-Ash_M21.png
026Raichu.png

All the previous Ash artworks had smaller and normal looking mouths. M21 artwork overall feels weird. It isn’t bad but weird.
Why a Raichu? Did Pikachu evolved?

Pikachu's mouth shape changes upon evolution. Pikachu's mouth looks nothing like Ash's in the M21 artwork, but it does have an uncanny resemblance with Raichu's mouth (and maybe Quagsire's too).
Strange, how many artstyles will they try?

Wow a movie without a villan.
He does look kinda menacing and given how Largo and her bond with Zeraora appear to play a large role in the film, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a villainous role. Maybe he wants to capture Zeraora or Lugia. But yeah, usually by now we have an idea who or what the villain is. It's remarkable that isn't the case here to the say the least.

He reminds me the mayor from "Your Name." Probably will have a similar role and personality.

Largo: Father, the city is going to be destroyed by Lugia! We must evacuate everyone!"

Mayor: "In the middle of the festival and in election season? You must be gone crazy!"

Last edited by a moderator:
423px-Ash_M21.png
026Raichu.png

LOL! That's brilliant. Nice catch :p

I'm still unsure on how I feel about the M21 animation. The landscapes and such look really good for a movie but the artwork from the movie just looks really bad. I feel like they are taking the SuMo animation too far which is not a good sign for the next anime series. I don't know how I feel about the M21 movie. It seems to have a good plot though.

I have been avoiding making a speculative comment about what we know about this movie so far, since it seems that they don't want to even give us a hint as to what sort of villain might be present in the movie. (or maybe there is no villain)

And I understand that these remakes of the original plots are engineered completely differently and that the first movie wasn't even a remake of MewTwo, it was just a remake of Ash & Pikachu's tv series-based origin story.

But....but....

Pokemon the Movie 2000 (along with Lucario & the Mystery of Mew) is one of my favorite all-time PokeMovies and the thought that there won't be a villain at least similar to Lawrence & his spaceship trying to catch the three legendary birds just irks me to no end.

But, hey, that's just me....

Don't treat this movie as a remake of Movie 2 if you want to enjoy it even remotely. It's bound to be inferior, but at least it only shares Lugia and the song.

The promotional material isn't exactly enticing. There is a cute premise that seems to lack substance judging from the limited promotion (they love to shove exciting content down our throats). The characters other than Largo and Lisa, who are there to promote Pokemon, are probably going to feel like afterthoughts.

I recall watching a ruckus in the April trailer, but I haven't been given a reason to care about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom