• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Mandragora

Jude

polyethylene
Reaction score
Table of Contents:

One: Mandragora
Two: Poison
Three: Blackjack
Four: Venific
Five: Cerintha
Six: Abessive
Seven: Merle
Eight: Rhombus
Nine: Vacinium
Ten: Modality
Eleven: Penumbric
Twelve: Jack Frost
Thirteen: Paradox
Fourteen: Incubus
Fifteen: Velvet
Sixteen: Endymion
Seventeen: Volition
Eighteen: Sable
Ninteen: Adjunct
Twenty: Comprehension
Twenty-One: Monoclinous
Twenty-Two: Specule
Twenty-Three: Adime
Twenty-Four: Seep
Twenty-Five: Wormwood

---

Yet more Sakaki monologue.

Mandragora

You were like a mandragora. The only part of you that wasn't poisonous was your brain; but nobody knew that: they just thought all of you was corrupted. It snowed outside, because we were on holiday from lovely Tokiwa City. It wasn't raining no more, and there wasn't anyone outside bitching about the rain, because they were bitching about the snow, and how cold it happened to be.

Your brain was the only part of your body that was uncorrupted.

Mandragoric in every single way, but that wasn't even a word; people still applied it too you. An adjectival form of the noun, because it was describing you. Every part of your was corrupted except your fruits, and in so many ways that was true but at the same time wrong. The window was covered in snow, and we were high up in the mountains and people skid past our window.

Your fruit wasn't poisonous, your mind, but in almost every way the fruits of your labour were corrupted. Than there were the things you created, the most ingenious designs that no one would have guessed that you would have created. We created them together, but no body knew that side of the story. I didn't mind, I suppose, because it was just normal for them to think so.

Mandragora, they called you. Every time you looked in the mirror when you were naked you could see it. Your body was like the root of the plant, the mandragora, and your head was like the leaves. You had a single white flower, and your fruits were about you. You watched me in the mirror sometimes, and I watched you right back, but then the other times I never watched you, because you never watched me.

Sometimes… sometimes…

"You know?" I asked you.

"What?" you replied.

"You are the Mandragora…"

And my voice was yours, and you frowned at me in the mirror.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Blackjack. It really doesn't bring anything to the fic, so why keep it there? Chances are it will throw readers off...

The rest of it, though, is quite good (albeit short)

<yawns and blinks> I'm awake!

...I think. I do, however, agree with both of you. I've removed the most part of that paragraph, but I've left the 'your brain was the only part of your body uncorrupted' or whatever line it is. II can't even remember myself, after doing it just a couple of seconds ago.

<nods> Yet another foreay into the dark last night... at almost midnight. ^^;;

Poison

People sat on the ski lifts, slowly trudging towards the top of the hill, but we didn't. We were sitting in the nice, warm café, and in front of us was a small computer. You were working on it, and the screen was about as large as your hand, and it folded over like a clam. I was watching you, because there were mirrors that reflected the light from the snow and made the café seem nice and homey.

Nobody sat near us, and people watched us, but more out of curiosity than animosity. One of them was a small child, and he looked like he was about to rush across and ask for your autograph before you silenced his glances with a single stare. I could see it in the mirror, and it made me shiver inside; you looked evil, your eyes flashing, and your lips curled into an almost demonic smile.

The child hid his face and didn't look at you again, not until we left the café. And then someone had sat down across from us: it was a smallish woman, with blonde hair and a black tulip in the buttonhole of her snowsuit. She was in black, as it seemed normal for her, and her face appeared grave. You quickly saved what you had been working on and looked up, and waited.

"We’ve got problems," she said.

"I'm on vacation," you drawled.

She pouted, almost, and her lips curled up into a smile. "Uncle, don't," she chided, and then she was serious again. "This is bad, you know. A group calling themselves Team Mandragora has captured Musashi and Kojiro… and you know how my darling cousin happens to be when she's caught. It appears that Team Mandragora are renegades from our own group, and they've been setting up on our territory!"

You weren't happy.

"What should we do?" Domino asked.

You took a deep breath. "Call in the elites, I'll be back in Tokiwa tonight."

She nodded and was gone.

Last edited:
Not bad Toge. Not bad. I like the whole introspective view you take on all this; great insight. Only comment I have is to be careful with your phrasing. There were a couple of times where I caught myself saying "What?" and having to re-read. Of course, though, that could just be me. ^^;;;

<trills> RR!! And yes, the phrasing is very weird... it's... I wish that English hadn't dropped the dual-pronoun that Old English still has, because that really made a total tonne of sense. Anyway, Sakaki is MPD, so it's even worse, really, because I and You are the same person.

I think Could've Seen The Rain was worse, however.

<sweatdrops> <hugs>

Yeah! Ooh, the plot thickens!

but you say that Domino's in a snowsuit...wouldn't that hinder her speed and dexterity? Those are her two main strong suits, after all...

*g* just something small

Brother dahling, thank you! <grins>

Blacky, think Lara Croft in the end of the movie, <smile> only... slightly warmer, and black.

Another part on the way later on today, ^^

It appears I am once more mistaken. Any names on what that was? I don't want to cause confusion... next part in the works.

XD

Blackjack

Yamato and Kosaburo were playing Blackjack on the small table outside of your office when we arrived. They stood and nodded their heads and followed us inside, and were seated around the large oval desk a few minutes later. The blinds were drawn, and the only illumination came from the down light that swung in the gentle breeze from the air-conditioning vent.

The flickering shadows were disconcerting to me, and it appeared that Yamato and Kosaburo shared the same disconcertment. You didn't, though, I could feel the calmness just radiating off of your body. Yamato kept glancing here and there, watching the dancing shadows from the swinging down light, as if there were some person hiding in them. And Kosaburo had a light sheen of sweat on his forehead.

Your office was deep within the Tokiwa Complex; it was underground, and far away from the bustling centre of the city, unlike your bedroom. The Complex ran partly under Tokiwa Forest, and it had been built in an old bomb shelter from the War of the Garden that had occurred so many years before that people had forgotten about it. The Tokiwa Gym owned the Complex, as far as anyone was concerned, and it was unused.

Domino walked into the room and sat down. She had changed out of her skimpy suit that we had seen her wearing up in the mountains, and was dressed in her usual black and red skirt and jacket. She was holding several folders and she quickly handed them out to you, Kosaburo, and Yamato, and keeping one herself she placed the rest of them in the middle of the table.

Thunder roared in the distance, and I could feel the vibrations.

"It's going to rain again," Yamato noted.

No body said anything, but they didn't have to.

A little while later the rest of the elites had filed in, and I didn't know all of the names but I was quite certain that you would have done. The only one I really recognised was a scientist, who had worked on the Raikou project, but I had forgotten his name after the incident and you had never thought to remind me of it. They all picked up their folders, and you had already read yours.

"What do we know about Team Mandragora?" you asked.

Domino stood up. "They popped up a couple of weeks back; they've been stealing a few things here and there but nothing much, not at least to warrant our attention, however. It was just recently that we got word they've been setting up on our patch. Musashi and Kojiro were on a mission to retrieve as much information about them as they could… but it appears they were unsuccessful in not getting caught."

You sighed.

And then the door opened and a messenger walked in and handed a note to Domino. She read it, and her eyes flashed triumphantly and she looked up at us. "They've escaped… I'm not sure how."

You were happy.

"Send them in!"

You know Toge., I think you are managing the imposible here : write an actual "long story" in 2nd person without detracting the least bit from the goodness.

Great job.

Though, the idea actually crossed my mind, it would have worked out very well. Sakaki's 'other' personality is somewhat detached, and is more like an observer than a doer. He can't really control Sakaki's body much, or not at all, except for the occasional speech or something.

Thank you Bro! I'm happy you think so... I just hope this chapter isn't too crappy. It's more of a filler than anything... and it somewhat introduces a couple of new characters.

Venific

Musashi and Kojiro were huddled into the office, covered in bruises and cuts and bandages, but apart from that they looked relatively all right. You motioned them to sit in the two chairs that were still vacant, and nobody noticed your slightly worried glance in the direction of your daughter. I did, though, because I always noticed you and every little thing about you. Domino was expectant.

"Report," you drawled.

Domino's face was almost glowing, and she was clutching her folder with one hand and gently flicking the paper on it back and forth with her other. It was something she did when she was nervous, but I was the only one who knew that because nobody else seemed to watch people like I did. I suppose, however, that it would only make sense, because what else do I have to do?

"We managed to infiltrate their base with a few stolen uniforms," Musashi began. Kojiro remained silent. "We managed to grab a few documents from several offices that appeared to tell of their income, and a couple of memos." She reached into the jacket of the strange uniform that was definitely not Roketto-Dan, and pulled out a sheaf of paper that she slid across the table.

Domino neatly snatched it up, glanced over it and then nodded. "This is good." She said.

You nodded. "File it," he said, "and I want a summary on my desk ASAP."

She nodded. Musashi continued. "As for the leader… well, we did manage a single glance…"

"And?" Domino pushed.

"Well…" Kojiro spoke up. "She seemed somewhat familiar…"

"She?" Domino looked surprised. I'm not sure why, because she was the niece of the boss of Roketto-dan, and she was a woman, and she would probably take over once we were gone. Or maybe your daughter, but I wasn't sure, you hadn't decided, or you at least hadn't let me know what you had decided. Musashi and Kojiro both nodded in response to her question, and you... you were silent.

"Most of the other members- there are around fifty so far, I'm not sure if that's mentioned in the memos- call her Akira, and they say she's a psychic… other's have called her Netsuai." Kojiro went silent once more.

You nodded. "Good." And turned to Domino. "I want you to put your best agents out to find more information on this Akira/Netsuai person."

Musashi looked defiantly at you. "If you don't mind, Sir," she said, "we'd like to keep working on this."

There was silence in the room and you pondered for a few moments. Nobody had never asked such a thing before, because every accepted your authority. People watched Musashi with almost outright admiration, and others with animosity. Those with loyalty to you thought it an outrage, but others… others were waiting for a change. You, however, would never change your ways.

You were silent. Musashi waited. "Dismissed, Musashi, Kojiro, please stay."

You reached into your lovely, dark, mahogany wood desk and pulled out two pokeballs. You tossed them across the room and Musashi caught the purple one while Kojiro caught the black one. They seemed rather surprised, and I wondered what you were planning. I couldn't gain access to your mind at that point, because you were cut off from me. Then you smiled, slightly: they couldn't have seen it, but I felt the muscles turning in your face.

"Two additions to your team. Treat them well. See Domino about your assignment. Dismissed."

Then you turned and looked to the wall, and you could see me in the reflection.

Please note: The thread is from 21 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom