• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Member Card to be available to North American and PAL Platinum players: Key item avai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Member Card to be available to players of North American Platinum: Key item avail

Okay then. So as far as wi-fi hot spots, my closest one is in a Panera Bread bakery. Do those usually work...? If anyone uses the ones at Panera Bread's...

Re: Member Card to be available to players of North American Platinum: Key item avail

Yay! :)

Okay then. So as far as wi-fi hot spots, my closest one is in a Panera Bread bakery. Do those usually work...? If anyone uses the ones at Panera Bread's...

Just re-posting so no one misses my personally important question...

I know that it's distributed via wifi, but how do you get it?

Re: North America to get Member Card: Item available Aug. 3 - Sept. 13 via Wi-Fi

national dex

Just re-posting so no one misses my personally important question...

Yup! As long as you can access the Internet, it works. However, if you've got any pre-DSi and they have WPA, then it won't work.

I know that it's distributed via wifi, but how do you get it?

Connect to Wi-Fi through Mystery Gift and get the wonder card. Once you have the wonder card, go to a Poke Mart and look for a man dressed in Green. Talk to him and you'll get the Member Card.

To use the member card, you must have the National Dex and revived the boy in Canalave City from his nightmares (this is done by talking to him and his mother and then talking to the sailor who will then sail you to Fullmoon Island. After getting to Fullmoon Island, find Cresselia, talk to her and then she will flee. Then grab the Lunar Wing from the spot in which she was and then go back to the boy and talk to him to revive him from his nightmares).

After this is done, go to the previously locked house in the North-East of Canalave and then talk to a man in there who will send you to sleep. When you wake it you will be on Newmoon Island, where Darkrai awaits.

Last edited:

!!!!!
Ok, I don't have a pal card and I can never activate wi fi, how do I do that, and wen I get it to work how do I get him? Someone said connect to wi fi, now do I do that through mistery gift or what??? Im excited, I never got a game early enough to do an event. Only red and gold. I have almost all of the games now tho however

Connect to Wi-Fi through Mystery Gift.
You can get the Member's Card at any point in the game, but you must have the National Dex and have revived the little boy in Canalave from his nightmares to use it.

Thank you, I have the original DS, how do you know if you have wi-fi or wpa???

I guess I need a hot spot to access wi-fi? I've never done it before

In your home, go to the title menu and choose Nintendo WFC Settings. Then press Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings and then choose an empty slot. Search for an access point and if you get your router (or something similar), it means you can access wi-fi in your home.

If not, you need to go to a hotspot or find some other method.

I got the old version DS, I don't think I have those options, does that mean I suck and don't have wi-fi?

WPA is an encryption standard, not wireless itself. There's WEP, which older versions support, but now WPA is very popular, since it's newer, more secure, and overall just better.

But it all depends on the hotspot/network. Find another if one doesn't work. If all use WPA, then buy a DSi.

Ok, so my ds is fine if the hotspot is wi-fi.
Thank you

Another last question, how do I find a hot spot?

Ok, so my ds is fine if the hotspot is wi-fi.
Thank you

Um, do you even know what wi-fi encryption is?

Wi-fi can be encrypted with WEP or WPA! Just because it's Wi-fi doesn't mean it'll work!

Ach, I'm impatient. Please forgive me.

Last edited:

Haha, its ok. Your dealin with an idiot... so if the hot spot is wep then it will work, right? Or did I f up again?

Last edited:

I guess I could buy a DSi right now if I wanted... =/ What color should I get? I was thinking black.... Any new colors supposed to come out by September 13th?

Well if it's just for the sake of this single Darkrai, then wouldn't it be wiser to wait and see if your DS can connect to a WEP hotspot? I know that regular motels, offices, libraries, and schools have them free.

Well, I was planning to get one eventually, anyway..... I know, I probably could be more wise as far as finances are concerned at this moment. ;D

How do I find a wep hot spot? Other than walk arround everywhere checking on my game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom