• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MENTOR GAME: Mareep and Lycanroc Mafia-Endgame-MAFIA WINS!

Do you want this to be a mentor game?

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megapod was killed. They were....

You are a Mareep.

pikachu_and_mareep_lineart_by_michy123-d6waqvz.png
*Picture by michy123 on DeviantArt

You spend your day mareeping other mareep. Your wool is well loved by others for its fluffiness, and you love rubbing it up against your fellow mareep for that fluffy electric feeling unique to your species. However lately you have been disappearing. Thus you've realized that there are enemies in your flock. Now you and your fellow mareep work together to find the enemies.

You are a Mareep and win when all Lycanroc have been eliminated.

Jinjo lost in end game. They were....

You are a Mareep.

dreams_come_true_by_fucal-d5472ks.jpg
*Picture by Fucal on DeviantArt

You spend your day mareeping other mareep. Your wool is well loved by others for its fluffiness, and you love rubbing it up against your fellow mareep for that fluffy electric feeling unique to your species. However lately you have been disappearing. Thus you've realized that there are enemies in your flock. Now you and your fellow mareep work together to find the enemies.

You are a Mareep and win when all Lycanroc have been eliminated.

Congratulations to Kharixi for winning the game! They were...

You are Lycanroc.
lycanroc_midnight_form_by_bluekomadori-daiptxt.jpg
*Picture by bluekomadori on DeviantArt
You desire to eat mareep and use their wool for wonderful comfortable bedding. So you've used some wool from a past hunt to disguise yourself as one of them. Now you hide with your partner, slowly taking them one by one as they struggle to find who you are.

You are a Lycanroc and win when your numbers are greater than or equal to the mareep.

Mafia has won the game!

Sorry for not warning of the previous phase not being the last. I hadn't realized I miscalculated the player count until after I posted the update. Also sorry for not being able to update more regularly as this game happened to coincide with some other responsibilities and personal issues, thus it ended up a bit difficult to give it my full attention.

It wasn't active but I did enjoy seeing what mentors did help out a lot. I especially enjoyed the mafia team as the mentors were very hands on with the players. I do wish it was a bit more active and that people made use of the phases a bit more as that is what a vanilla game is dependent on, rather than actual abilities, but what activity there was was great.

And some standard questions:

Did you enjoy the game?
Am I a bad host or am I a bad host?
How did it feel compared to a game with roles?
Any other comments?

Did you enjoy the game?
Very much, this was actually my first scum game ever, which was a great experience!
You were great. :]
It was so weird, but fun. There's no danger of night kills for the mafia team, but there's also potential for deeper discussion since there are no night actions for town. I think that situation is good for practice, since you have nothing like cops to base your votes on.
Any other comments?
Again, it was a great first scum experience. Thanks a lot for hosting, I really enjoyed it! Hope to play another one of your games sometime. :]

GG guys and nice job to the mafia, you guys did great. Serious props to Pod and Spoopster too, you guys did a great job picking AE and Kharixi.

Did you enjoy the game?

I did, it was cool mentoring.
I think you did well. The delays in phase updates were beyond your control, and you announced them well in advance so everybody knew.
I feel like it was easier for mafia to blend in given that roles weren't able to blow massive holes in their stories. It also felt great to be able to kill people without worrying about Docs and Watchers too.
Any other comments?
No, not really.

I was literally the main center of attention in this game and did anyone even notice on day 1 I guessed everyone's character except for noworry correctly? I did not get any help from my mentor at all. I am a new player and I was doing this all on my own without any help and I got myself out of a bad bandwagon. OH! I BETTER BE REMEMBERED FOR BEING A NEWBIE PLAYER WHO GOT HERSELF OUT OF A BANDWAGON WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM A MENTOR AND FOR FIGURING OUT EVERYONE'S ROLE CORRECTLY ON DAY 1 EXCEPT FOR ONE PLAYER. Even though I lost the game, I enjoyed this game. I have only played four mafia games and out of the four I have played, the Mareep and Lycanroc is my favorite.

AussieEevee - You scared me so badly. On day 1, you kept asking me so many questions I did not like and I chose to avoid your questions which also got me thinking that you must be a Lycanroc. On day 2, you looked so determined on getting me lynched but then Megapod broke my bandwagon and you got lynched instead.

Megapod - You were very heroic in this game. Your first appearance in day 1 scared me and after observing other players, I figured that you are possibly a Mareep and I decided to trust you and followed you on the vote. On day 2, you voted me for suspecting Cheff, wagoning behind you on day 1, and and avoiding AE's questions on day 1. On day 2, I had to answer all my questions truthfully which was not answered on day 1. I loved the part how you realized I was just a newbie townie and the part when you said, "Alright, I did some rereading and I have a reads list to post on all four living players who are not me. We have to lynch correctly today, lest the Lycanroc reach parity with us and win the game so be prepared for what could either be the smartest or dumbest move of my mafia-playing career to date." You actually did make the right move.

Spoopster - On day 3, you sounded like a villain and why did you vote me first and not Kharixi? If you immediately voted for Kharixi instead of me, then I could have hesitated longer on my vote and decided to trust you.

Kharixi - WTF? I bet you were laughing at me, Megapod, and Spoopster the whole time on our performance. *slaps Kharixi*

Well played, Kharixi. Congrats to you and AE. Ah, I should have stuck to my suspicion on you, but at least I busted your partner before you beat us!

Did you enjoy the game?
Yeah. The totally vanilla aspect isn’t all that pushed me to make my serious, in-depth reads; I had my wonderful Ele-mentor to thank for that.
Is this a trick question or a trick question? Hey, you did a fine job.
It really makes ya have to form real reads out of nothing, which is just as good to know how to do for games with roles, too.
Any other comments?
Baa humbug. As regretful as I am that I wasn’t able to help upon substituting in, I think I would’ve jumped onto the Spoops wagon like a goon anyways. (Sorry pal!)
Megapod - You were very heroic in this game.
D’aww, thanks. :D It was a fun moment for me.

How even...? ._.

Anyway, amazing victory, @Kharixi!
Something I’ve seen happen in vanilla is gut reads or just guessing off of the tiniest things.

That’s probably the biggest thing you have to do with Vanilla. You have to work from the tiniest things and catch the smallest mistakes. Mafia definitely has the advantage in that they can mislead town easier. But at the same time they do need to watch how they mislead them because eventually they’ll look suspicious if thy do t too much.

AussieEevee - You scared me so badly. On day 1, you kept asking me so many questions I did not like and I chose to avoid your questions which also got me thinking that you must be a Lycanroc.
Curiously, how does a player asking you questions about your actions make you think that they're scum?

Did you enjoy the game?
I did indeed, it was fun helping out.
Nah you're not, don't blame yourself for events that happened in your life. It can happen to anyone.
Oh man it was such a relief when I realized there was no doc or tracker. Would have loved to help out with reads, but as said on D1: Darth must be scum.
Any other comments?
Well played to everyone, all the active players did great.
Where were @CheffOfGames and @Pikochu though?

Now if I may ask a question myself to everyone here.
What do you think of the mentor concept and how can it be improved upon? Anything you would like to see in the future?

GG guys and nice job to the mafia, you guys did great. Serious props to Pod and Spoopster too, you guys did a great job picking AE and Kharixi..

Spoopster didn't even pick AE. Spoopster died on night 1 and it was me and Megapod who lynched AE.

Spoopster didn't even pick AE. Spoopster died on night 1 and it was me and Megapod who lynched AE.

Unvote: Jinjo

Ah, there it is, the reaction I was hoping for.

Every time a bus has formed, you’ve joined in on it. I found 2-3 posts where you provided your own thoughts, but most of the content of those posts was you simply building from what others started. Any votes you’ve placed have been due to evidence provided by others. Its a good scum strategy, not directly trying to mislynch anyone but instead joining the bus whil AE nightkilled. I know that switching votes so suddenly is a scummy thing to do, but I needed to get just a little more evidence. Seeing as how Lycanroc has three forms and how 1 scum left would be a town win, Cheff is probably the remaining scum, since the fact that they’re inactive would probably leave the game 2v1 and cause Town to lose. I could absolutely be wrong here, but I’ve made up my mind, and hopefully I’m correct. Vote: Kharixi
Spoopster read Kharixi's actions in D3 to successfully pinpoint him as the last scum.

I'm still not sure how I was detected >.< :(

AussieEevee - You scared me so badly. On day 1, you kept asking me so many questions I did not like and I chose to avoid your questions which also got me thinking that you must be a Lycanroc. On day 2, you looked so determined on getting me lynched but then Megapod broke my bandwagon and you got lynched instead.
I was doing so from a town perspective. You really were being evasive and looking scummy. I would have gone after you, town or scum :)

Did you enjoy the game?

No! I was lynched without any reasoning lol. I have no idea why!

Seriously though, it was a decent game with a good set up... Just a bit small.

Did you lynch the wrong person because you royally screwed up the votes? No? Then you're fine :p (Reference: True Blue Mafia)

It was easy because we didn't have to claim or cover claims, worry about docs, cops, etc.

Any other comments?

hehehe

i was right

good game everyone, congrats Kharixi for being last scum standing

Spoopster - On day 3, you sounded like a villain and why did you vote me first and not Kharixi? If you immediately voted for Kharixi instead of me, then I could have hesitated longer on my vote and decided to trust you.
All I needed was for you to vote against me in defense, hoping my guess would prove true and that Khari would join you.

No! I was lynched without any reasoning lol. I have no idea why!

Lol, come on dude, you even quoted my reasoning yourself!

AussieEevee - Pretty vocal and logical...but as Jinjo noted, didn’t commit any vote until D2. This is despite voicing suspicion on Jinjo during D1, and then complaining to us that we lynched nowo after the flip. Realizing this makes me think he actually meant to watch us kill one of our own before pushing his next victim.

Elementar encouraged me to make a reads list, and when I looked everything over carefully, I gotcha!

All I needed was for you to vote against me in defense, hoping my guess would prove true and that Khari would join you.
The issue I personally had with the vote options at the end it that you literally just subbed in and therefor had no substance whatsoever. There is nothing to base a vote on.

Elementar encouraged me to make a reads list, and when I looked everything over carefully, I gotcha!
I did the same but my student was too lazy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom