• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misc Simple Questions / Simple Answers Thread

Good example of a Gary Stu, or the male equivalent, and quite blatantly so and an actual canon character: Galen Marek, aka Starkiller. Its an example of just how low the Star Wars franchise has fallen.

In essence, if the character is given extra "bling" items such as powers, items and/or accomplishments instead of actual depth such as flaws or interesting traits to become interesting, they are most likely a Mary Sue/Gary Stu.

I have heard that the male equivalent of Mary Sue is Marty Stu, not Gary Stu. Opinions on that?

I have heard that the male equivalent of Mary Sue is Marty Stu, not Gary Stu. Opinions on that?
I've only ever heard Gary Stu, though perhaps different people and different websites and what not use Marty Stu. They're the same thing though, I'm sure people would understand no matter which one you used.

I think both are acceptable, but Marty Stu is the more commonly used one. Though sometime males are also referred to as Mary Sues too, though it's usually either Marty Sue or Gary Sue. Another variation is Larry Stu.

Lookin for a N64

So I was recently looking around the internets for old consoles and notices that the GBA SP and the N64 are a bit pricey. Does anyone know a site where either of these would be reletivly cheap? Note: The consoles don't have to come with games, just all the cables/ chargers to use them. (Also sorry I posted this as a poll earlier)

Al these links are useless or am I wrong?

I am currently wondering can I restore my old blog Posts? And same for signature en avatar?

Or were should I go with these issues?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom