• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Need EV Training Advice - Skarmory

Shinigurai

Reaction score
I'm training a Skarmory for Battle Frontier. It's move set consists of:

Aerial Ace
Double Team
Curse
Rest

He's meant to be a survivor, and I'm wondering if it's better to EV Train his Def and Sp. Def 50/50 or if I should work on his HP? Those of you who know Skarmory know that it's base Def is already quite high, so I'm wondering at what point does training Def become almost useless...?

You really can't have its Defense score too high. I would put the full 252 EVs into that particular stat- it'll only better Skarmory. As for the other 258...hm..I'd go about 188 in HP and 70 in ATK. Skarmory's only got an average SD, and with its average HP...you're better off just ignoring the Special Defense stat.

Not that you asked for it...but are you going to keep it with Aerial Ace? Personally, I'd prefer something like Steel Wing or Fly. This is if you can't breed Drill Peck onto it, of course. I might drop Double Team, since the luck factor can be a pain at times. I like Double Team overall, don't get me wrong, it's just that the unreliability of it can hamper your battle plans.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom