• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New PBR Ruling?

magpie

Rocket Admin
Reaction score
Hey everyone! What do you think of the new PBR WiFi rules?

NO Legendaries in random battles!

They're still allowed in Friend Code battles and in single player.

Sounds pretty reasonable. Next on my wishlist: Can't request legendaries when depositing on GTS, unless you are depositing a legendary. Can still search for legendaries normally.

It's all over Serebii (hate to mention it here) but apparently there's still some confusion over which pokmeon are banned exactly. Some are saying it's legends and not uber some are saying just ubers...a little confusing ^_^

My take is that it's a good thing because it forces people to try new things. You can still have uber/legend fights with people you've swapped FC's with so I really think it's the best solution that was feasible =)

If GameFreak/Nintendo didn't know what their fans wanted, the Pokemon franchise wouldn't be as popular as it is now.

Fair enough. I'd hate to have been Nintendo when all the English names were revealed. The majority of these Pokemon fans just seem to complain just for the sake of complaining.

Anyways, if it is an Uber ban, I wonder what their approach would be to things like Tyranitar, a Pokemon being debated as uber despite actually still having OU counters. If this is an Uber ban, and not just a plain old Legendary ban, fans (Fans new to the world of competitive battling) may wonder why things like Jirachi and Celebi are able to get on PBR, but not Mew. I think it would be better of to just have a Legendary ban (Similar to that of Battle Frontier/Tower) since the majority of ubers are Legendary, and will lessen the confusion among the Fans.

A better definition of battle rules, at least the basic ones (legends, sleep clause, etc). But too late.

I can ensure you Nintendo does check forums and websites very often xD. Having a lot of people giving their opinion, trying to find glitches and making the metagame to develop is cheaper than beta-testing, which they off course do as well.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom