• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Type Combos

They can reuse Pokemon types just look how many Grass/Poison types there are, there can be more than one pokemon with a unique dual combo.

It's been said before, but Dragon/Fire. Not counting Reshiram, but I loved that they finally combined the two. Just about every single variation of dragon in European myth has the ability to breathe fire, so why no Dragon/Fire till Gen V, and why only one? If its set in Europe then some Dragon/Fires are a must in my opinion. I still remember the disappointment I felt at Charizard not being part Dragon, he looks and acts the part.

Aside from that little rant there, my favorite type is Fighting so Fighting/Electric and Fighting/Flying would be epic

Ghost/Steel,Electric/Ghost( idc for room being the only one)
Fire/Poison, Fire/Steel, Fire/Grass, Fire/Water, Fire/Electric
More fighting combos: Electric/Fighting, Rock/Fighting, Water/Fighting, Grass/Fighting, Ghost/Fighting?, Fighting/Flying, Ground/Fighting(Kangaroo pokemon?)
More Bug types like Gen. V, they had the best IMO. With new combos, Bug/Water, Bug/Dark, Bug/Fire, Bug/Ground, Bug/Ice

Also new types, I know some people have been talking about a Sound or Light type what about Glass, Wood, and Wind
Glass could be weak to Fighting, Fire, Steel, and Rock. Strong against Flying, Ice, Bug(bc windows keep bugs out, lol), and maybe Electric
Wind would be weak to Fire, Ice, and Rock and strong against Bug, Electric, and Water
Wood would be weak to Fire, Grass, Steel, Ice, and Fighting and strong ag

Types I'd like to see:
Fire/Electric - a Plazma-wielding Pokemon. It'd be even better if it was a red panda, 'cause then it could be called 'Redplazma'
Flying/Fighting - what Braviary should have been
Grass/Fire - A jack-o-lantern
Grass/Fighting - giant panda
Ghost/Fighting - a Normal-Type's worst nightmare!

Types I'd like to see:
Fire/Electric - a Plazma-wielding Pokemon. It'd be even better if it was a red panda, 'cause then it could be called 'Redplazma'
Flying/Fighting - what Braviary should have been
Grass/Fire - A jack-o-lantern
Grass/Fighting - giant panda
Ghost/Fighting - a Normal-Type's worst nightmare!

i agree with this SO SO SO much

braviary should've been that type, for real

Type combos are an interesting thing, because with so many combinations unexplored, it's very exciting to see. Previously, hearing that Sandile was Ground/Dark was already a great thing. Other stuff include Deerling's Normal/Grass-type, Galvantula's Bug/Electric-type and of course, Reshiram and Zekrom's new type combos. It's just that their novelty makes us want to try them out because the type combos are fresh. It doesn't feel as new now, so it's like they felt like their presence are already assimilated now.

Anyway, enough of my experience with new types, and onto the new types I want to see:
- Grass/Ghost: This is a type combination with unique resistances that is worth seeing, because both are my favourite types. If this has Flash Fire, I imagine it makes a very good Fire check because it doesn't get harmed by them as much.
- Steel/Ghost: It's been requested by people, and I want it too. It's better than Steel/Psychic for sure, due to the resistances, and the fact that it could have Will-O-Wisp to sponge some of the nastiest Physical attacks, especially ones that it is normally neutral or weak to.
- Fire/Grass: I hope that this is the type combination that would discourage the other weather, because Sun needs all the help it can get. Of course, this combination is a godsend for Sun, so it's a benefit that goes two ways.
- Grass/Dragon: The only new Dragons I am interested in is ones with my favourite type attached to it.
- Psychic/Dark: It would possess a lot of good support and status moves, which is really nice. Bug weakness is a pity, but otherwise, it's another type combination that I would love to see a design of.
- Grass/Water (note the type order): In case you are wondering why I am asking for this, it's because I want something that looks more like an aquatic plant rather than a kappa. There are so many aquatic plants that it would be a shame not to see them. Providing it with Chlorophyll will make it a good deterrent to both Sun and Rain, or a good supporter for either.

Thanks for reading.

Fire/Grass would be pretty interesting, if only cause that type combo would yield a lot in terms of weakness advantages. Bug would be chastised, ground won't hurt the fire type cause of the secondary grass, and water or rock won't be too big an issue either. Only thing that would suck about it is the fact that I can't envision that typing on a Pokemon that's bulky enough to have high HP or defense to really work with something like that, but the Special Attk would be Phenomenal on one.

Probably 6th gen will have triple types. That means Fennekin will be Fire/Fighting/whatever. But I'm expecting Fennekin to evolve into a Fighting/Fire anyways. Also Water/Fire, Bug/Dragon, and Poison/Dragon would be a few I would like to see.

non legendary fire/steel
non rotom fire/electric
steamy fire/water
wtf fire/ice
physical attacker fire/ghost

more fire combos really...

A steel/ghost and water/fire tropical fish would be two of my top picks for Gen VI, right behind evos for Mawile and Torkoal.

Actually, if you could use a water stone on Torkoal to evolve it into a fire/water volcanic island turtle or something, that might be awesome. Yeah, that's my top pick.

Surprisingly we haven't had an Electric/Dark type! Luxray would have been the perfect candidate for these types but I suppose they could come up with something else...

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic. but really GF needs to stop the Fire/Fighting wagon, no one likes it anymore...
Maybe Fennekin was just using Growl. But, I do think that the starters will evolve into the only other scissors-paper-rock type matchup in the game, (Dark, Psychic, Fighting), which would just double their awesomeness.

I would also love to see a Dragon-type family similar to Axew's, in that it can be caught somewhat early in the game (for a Dragon-type, at least), and it is not psuedo-legendary.

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic. but really GF needs to stop the Fire/Fighting wagon, no one likes it anymore...
Maybe Fennekin was just using Growl. But, I do think that the starters will evolve into the only other scissors-paper-rock type matchup in the game, (Dark, Psychic, Fighting), which would just double their awesomeness.

I would also love to see a Dragon-type family similar to Axew's, in that it can be caught somewhat early in the game (for a Dragon-type, at least), and it is not psuedo-legendary.

Thing is, that's not a triangle relation at all, Psychic types (using their STAB) cannot damage the Dark type at all, and that is a great disadvantage, thus making the triangle unbalanced.

I'd love to see a Ghost/Psychic type. It could be some kind of poltergeist Pokemon that causes mischief by using Telekinesis to throw things around.

Thing is, that's not a triangle relation at all, Psychic types (using their STAB) cannot damage the Dark type at all, and that is a great disadvantage, thus making the triangle unbalanced.

It would work better as a quartet, Fighting, Dark, Ghost, Psychic. I could type it all out here but It would take ages, But the four types strengths and weaknesses balance each other out much like the Fire/Water/Grass combo.

I would like to see a Bug/Dragon type. It would be interesting to see Dragon, generally considered a "strong" type, paired up with Bug, which until Gen V was generally considered a "weak" type. I think a Volcarona-type situation would emerge.
It could be like a giant, destructive tarantula thing. I dunno.

I would like to see more dual typings of the Fire type myself. The typing has always kind of been, IMO, dull and not very interesting with the exception of a couple personal favorites of mine, and I feel that it has been this way since the Gen 1 days. Gen 5 had certainly went the right way with introducing newer Fire dual types, but I would like to see a couple more as well... Even odd-ball dual typings like Fire/Water, Fire/Grass or Fire/Ice. Seems difficult to imagine, but I wouldn't disregard every possibility.

I will also agree with Stratago from before on the idea of another, more plasma-based Fire/Electric type. I think that would be really interesting. 4x weakness to Ground sure, but I still think it would be interesting.

I'd love to see more Electric and Fire combinations including Electric/Fire I'm also Hoping for an Electric/Psychic type Mew replacement. There's a 1 in 17 chance of it happening. I can live with those odds.

It would work better as a quartet, Fighting, Dark, Ghost, Psychic. I could type it all out here but It would take ages, But the four types strengths and weaknesses balance each other out much like the Fire/Water/Grass combo.

Rock, Fighting, Flying works... more or less. Unlike Grass, Fire, Water they aren't resistant to their own type.
Nothing in the game works quite as well as Grass, Fire, and Water.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom