• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Newfound Academy (The Beginning) Start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice proudly walked up to Ms. Bedingfield. Breaking the ditzy behavior she had displayed up till this point, she seemed to cast off a moon-like glow as she graciously accepted the Pokeball. "Thank you, Madam Bedingfield. I look forward to having you as the head of our house. Let us both enjoy ourselves~" Alice said, wearing the same proud, yet modest smile. She ran a hand through her flowing violet hair, and looked briefly at the other Psychic House students, flashing a small, but heartwarming smile that seemed to be an effort to relax anyone still nervous about their first day here. Thinking to herself "I wonder how personable Ms. Bedingfield is... I might enjoy speaking with her."

Rose smiled as she saw the happy trainer on her way. She then grabbed another Pokeball.

"I need a Mister Yuki to claim his Murkrow," Rose spoke softly as her smile widened. In her mind, she was singing 'Black Bird' by Rachel Wood. She remembered nursing an injured Murkrow back to health. Every time she took a night stroll with this particular Murkrow, she would sing the enchanting melody.

"Awesome!" Yuki shouted as he grabbed the Poke'ball and released the Murkrow. "I think I'll call you Salem." Yuki thought aloud. "Krow." Murkrow cowed while perching himself on Yuki's Shoulder. "I know were gonna be great friends Salem!" Yuki said enthusiastically, as he went back to his table.

Rose grabbed yet another Pokeball and handed out the next Pokemon to a girl named Maddie Ferguson. She was matched with an Timid, sweet Oddish.

Luna kept quiet and remained nervous as her name was finally called. She took a deep breath and began walking towards her dorm head. Rose grabbed the final Pokeball and handed it to the young teenager. She smiled reassuringly as she motioned for her student to take a seat. Nervously touching the ball, Luna released the Pokemon inside. A large yawn came from the small, blue Land Shark. It opened it's eyes and saw Luna. It hugged her and nuzzled her chest happily.

"Hi little guy..." Luna spoke nervously. The Gible growled happily.

Once Rose had finished giving out the Pokemon, she announced for her students to follow her to the Psychic House dorms. That only left one more dorm head. Christina Ferguson: Head of Water.

"Aw, aren't you a cutie?" Maddie asked once she received the Oddish and placed her on the ground, the Pokemon seemed to rub her little body against Maddie's leg affectionately as she petted it. "I think you and I are going to get along, just fine yes?" Maddie asked now, the Oddish stared up at her before nodding and jumping up and down. "Odd! Odd!" Oddish declared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon Rose finishing, Christina stood up and came forward, she didn't say anything for a moment, eyeing the students in front of her. "Hi, I am Christina and I am the head of the water house" Christina replied, a slight tense of bitterness in her voice, yet a hint of sorrow.

"So, would the following students come forward to collect these Pokemon" Christina said, revealing three pokeballs, she read off a small notepad.

"Kyle.. Do we have a Kyle here? Come and get your Eevee" Christina announced the first name before quickly moving to the next.

"Lahlia, come and get your Emolga that is waiting for you, before it decides to do something else" Christina called out the next, she paused on the last one, squinting at a name she didn't really know how to prounce.

"Um... Can I get a... Yuko or a Kiko or whatever kind of name this is. You got a Spinaark waiting for you" Christina said unsure how to spell it. "Well, whoever's left in the water house as there are only there" she added before waiting for the students to get their new Pokemon.

Last edited:
"..What?" She though in confusion, was she just kidding or is this Emolga Pokemon really impatient? Hopefully it's the former. She walked towards the teacher, grabbed the pokeball and thanked the teacher before heading back to her seat. After that she was checking out the pokeball, trying to remember how it opened.""Was it here or.." She muttered a little before pressing the white button on the center of the pokeball. Her eyes widened a bit when she saw the familiar white flash from the pokeball, the same one she saw on everyone else's pokeballs. What formed from the flash was small pokemon. It was rodent-like and judging from it's coloration an electric type. She always though an electric pokemon would suit her. Lahia thought that it looked like a Pikachu but much cuter.

"Well hello there cute fella." She said in a sweet tone at the Emolga. The sky squirrel pokemon looked around before it suddenly flied using his wings, he was flying in a circle around Lahia. "Emo!" He gave out a cute cry before suddenly he hugged Lahia's face. An muffled um was heard behind the Emolga.

Raleigh coughed yet again. His Hariyama looked at him with concern, but Raleigh waved him off and smiled.

"This concludes this ceremony," the headmaster informed, "Today, you'll have the rest of the day to get settled i--... Oh right. I let them go to their dorms already. Let's take this day to prepare, staff." with that being said, Hariyama followed the headmaster out of the dining hall, and into his private quarters.

Luna went into her dorm room, which had lavender walls with silver trimming. The Gible was resting on her shoulder, due to Luna feeling uncomfortable. She finished unpacking her things and walked out of her room.

"Gib!" The Gible called, walking after his owner. Luna sighed and picked up the Gible.

"Mr. Gibles," she sighed, "You can walk some too you know."

Meanwhile, In Abby's room, Abby was sitting on her bed. Her Skitty slept peacefully at the foot of the mattress. Abby quietly stood up and left her room, shutting the door behind her as she left. She went to introduce herself to her other 'Dragoneers', as Arielle put it. She walked around until she came across the boy that she had previously seen run into a pole prior. Curiously, she walked up to him.

"Oh, hello," she greeted, "I assume we're here in the same dorm together?"

Animus was reading a book, muttering to himself as he brandished a wooden katana. "Hmm? Ah, yes we are, if you are also a Dragoneer." The Trainer said, putting a bookmark in and closed the book shut with a snap.

His Tepig was looking at the complete collection of Generation V TMs and HMs adorned on his wall in the way most people have hangable shoe racks, stunned by all of the moves Animus has in his arsenal waiting to teach a Pokemon.

"I am," Abby replied softly, "I hope your head is doing better."

Meanwhile, Arielle was getting ready to go train with her Pokemon some more, but she figured she'd go see one of the teachers: James. She knocked on the door to his room, and hoped he would answer.

The door to James' room opened, revealing the Science teacher. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans, running shoes, and a hoodie, an usual attire for him when not working. He had his pokeball belt poking out of the bottom of his hoodie. He smiled at the Medicine teacher as he stiffled a yawn with his free hand. Behind him could be seen the inside of his dorm: a shelf with books organized alphabetically, a small microwave made sure to be centered in the counter, and a suitcase neatly placed under said microwave. His bed was made near-perfectly, and the arrangement of clothes that could be spotted was well-folded and seperated by colors; the room's layout clearly indicated the living conditions by someone with OCD.

"'Sup?" James greeted, his ruffled hair indicating that he had barely woken up and gotten dressed.

"It is, don't worry." Animus said, putting down his book and put his bokken on his right shoulder. "So, I take it you want to meet the other Dragoneers?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I was wondering if you had any advice for climbing Mt. Mortar," Arielle asked, "I'm not sure which of my Pokemon I should bring. I know they need training, and I need to get some herbs for class..." she took out her six Pokeballs. "I mean, I'll take Tyranitar with me definitely, but I'm not sure about the rest."

Abby nodded nervously.

"I want to know who I'm in the same house with for the next four years," Abby replied, "I also wanted to meet you. I'm Abigail Harris, but call me Abby. May I ask for your name?"

Yuki and Salem made their way to the Psychic House Dorms where he picked out his room and started to unpack his things.

"I'm Animus. Animus Celestecuerpo. It is a pleasure to meet you, Abby." The Dragoneer introduced himself, bowing to her.

Zhu Bajie ran to Animus' side and waved it's front leg at Abby in hello.

Abby smiled as she saw the Tepig waving.

"He's so cute," Abby commented, "Also, why did you walk into the pole earlier? I can't help but to ask." she giggled nervously as she kept her eyes on the Tepig.

"Hrm..." James pondered for a moment. "Any Pokemon with Fire moves or Flash would be useful, since last time I checked, it was rather dark; That'd be a good job for your Charizard. Also, a Water Pokemon like Lanturn is essential due to all of the water inside there. Aside from that, a good GPS would come in handy. It's one big cave." James assured with a nod after the analysis. He then bent down and put on some sport shoes quickly before facing Arielle once more.

"I was planning on heading out for a jog, how about I join you to Mt. Mortar?" He teased, patting her shoulder as he closed the door behind him.

Animus blushed and looked away. "I got distracted while running. Nothing more." He said.

Tepig chuckled tauntingly at Animus. Even at a young age, he still knew what likely happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom