• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Direct: June 2024

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Earlier this morning, Nintendo announced on Twitter that there will be a Nintendo Direct taking place in June of 2024 that will highlight new games released in the second half of 2024:

The tweet also contains information about the announcement of the Nintendo Switch's successor console, which will be announced before the end of the current Japanese fiscal year (March 2025), but no new information on that will be announced in this direct. To discuss anything and everything to do with the Nintendo Switch's successor console, check out this thread.

Use this thread as a speculation, prediction, and reaction thread for the June 2024 direct! What games do you think will make an appearance? Any surprises that you think we'll get? Talk it out below!

With this time frame. We are probably in the final 2 years of the switch. So I think we're going to get some maybe some big Mario or Zelda game to send the switch off with a bang (at least I hope). As for a big Mario game, It's probably too late for Mario kart so I could see a new 3D mario

I'm not getting my hopes up especially when we just got WarioWare, but damn, it'd be good to have Rhythm Heaven by now. If this direct is the switch's swansong, then it's now or never until Switch 2.

In terms of actual reveals though, I do think we'll get finally get Metroid Prime 4 as the one last thing.

i expect nothing, which is to my advantage since the worst that can happen is that the games that are showcased are not to my taste and i can go about my day. best case scenario they announce some interesting/new jrpgs, but i'm not holding my breath for that.

• Staff
With this time frame. We are probably in the final 2 years of the switch. So I think we're going to get some maybe some big Mario or Zelda game to send the switch off with a bang (at least I hope). As for a big Mario game, It's probably too late for Mario kart so I could see a new 3D mario
I think they are holding off on a new 3D Mario until the Switch 2. I can see them pushing Wind Waker HD and/or Twilight Princess HD ports into the holiday though. While focusing on some new titles in smaller franchises. Perhaps a new Rhythm Heaven, Star Fox, or F-Zero game. Tomodachi Life and Fire Embelm 4 Remake are also possibilities I can see.

Mario galaxy 2 because I never played it I played the first one on the Mario 3d all star bundle

Last edited:
This particular Direct is actually falling right near Tomodachi Collection's 15th anniversary (June 2009), and Tomodachi Life's 10th anniversary internationally (everywhere outside of Japan, it released in June 2014). So... maybe there's a chance... and if not, then I officially give up :')

I have no real expectations for any huge announcements from here on out, since we know this will be one of the last few Directs before the Switch 2 is unveiled. Right now you can tell we're already in that end-of-life transitional phase of the console — comparisons can be drawn to how the 3DS library began to wind down before the Switch took hold — so I expect the recent pattern of releases to continue. Mostly remasters/remakes, with a couple new games on the smaller side to pad things out.

Rhythm Heaven would be nice to see, but I also wouldn't mind if they saved it for next year.

Back
Top Bottom