• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon anime trivia

Actually, since Greninja is part Dark, Hawlucha is part Fighting, Goodra is pure Dragon and Noivern is half Dragon, 4 members (or 2/3) of his Kalos team are weak against Fairy.
I was rereading this one, and there was yet another funny thing I noticied about his Kalos team.

Isn't it kinda funny how, in the region where the Fairy type was introduced, the one that is know to this day as the ''Region of the Fairies'', Ash's team is his weakest against this type?

And is also super funny that they just didn't gave him an Fairy in Kalos. I know that this is not the controversial opinon thread, but in all honesty, I would've taken an Fairy to Ash over Noivern any time.

I was rereading this one, and there was yet another funny thing I noticied about his Kalos team.

Isn't it kinda funny how, in the region where the Fairy type was introduced, the one that is know to this day as the ''Region of the Fairies'', Ash's team is his weakest against this type?

And is also super funny that they just didn't gave him an Fairy in Kalos. I know that this is not the controversial opinon thread, but in all honesty, I would've taken an Fairy to Ash over Noivern any time.
I would’ve given him Aromataisse (can’t spell) I actually think it’s a cool Pokemon

I have always thought that it would have been nice that instead of Ash getting Noibat/Noivern and Serena getting Eevee/Sylveon, it had been swapped around instead. That way Ash's team would have much less type redundancy (Noivern notably shared types with half of Ash's Kalos team), and Ash would have had a Pokemon of the newest type. It would have been win/win.

My guess? Game Freak messed up by having every single newly introduced fairy look cute or feminine and the writers felt those didn’t fit. Granbull and Mawile were previous gen so they were off the grid.

My guess? Game Freak messed up by having every single newly introduced fairy look cute or feminine and the writers felt those didn’t fit. Granbull and Mawile were previous gen so they were off the grid.
Swirlix/Slurpuff could've worked. I would've even worked since it's personality would contrast with the rest of the team's more ''mature'' and ''serious'' personalities.

According to Takeshi Shudo's anime novelizations, Ash's birthdate is exactly 10 years, 10 months, and 10 days prior to the day he started his Pokémon journey. The same novelization states that Pokémon Trainers get their first Pokémon in April of the year following their tenth birthday. The very first episode of the anime aired on April 1st, 1997 in Japan — so if Ash's journey began on April 1st, that would make his birthday May 22nd.

Happy birthday Ash!

According to Takeshi Shudo's anime novelizations, Ash's birthdate is exactly 10 years, 10 months, and 10 days prior to the day he started his Pokémon journey. The same novelization states that Pokémon Trainers get their first Pokémon in April of the year following their tenth birthday. The very first episode of the anime aired on April 1st, 1997 in Japan — so if Ash's journey began on April 1st, that would make his birthday May 22nd.

Happy birthday Ash!
And yet, Pokémon Journeys confirms that Ash's journey started on his tenth birthday, so...

Like how Holiday Hi-Jynx received an edited version with Jynx's skin recolored to purple several years ago, all the other episodes featuring Jynx's new design have apparently now also received edited versions. From the banned The Ice Cave episode to small cameos that were cut in the dub.

In the opening of the movie Pokémon 4Ever, when receiving Pikachu, Ash wears his normal clothes instead of his pajamas as he did in the first episode. This inaccuracy is not repeated in the first episode of Pokémon Journeys: The Series.

590s4bml8ru62 (1).png

In the opening of the movie Pokémon 4Ever, when receiving Pikachu, Ash wears his normal clothes instead of his pajamas as he did in the first episode. This inaccuracy is not repeated in the first episode of Pokémon Journeys: The Series.

View attachment 145206
They likely forgot that Ash wore his PJs then.

They likely forgot that Ash wore his PJs then.
That, and, in exchange the Journeys team forgot that the stairs were the same color as the floor(not brown), the floor was a slightly different tint of blue, there was no map in the room, there's supposed to be a pipe coming out along the side of the computer, there's supposed to be beakers and more items on the table, the table is a silver color, and the layout of the computer entirely. :p

That, and, in exchange the Journeys team forgot that the stairs were the same color as the floor(not brown), the floor was a slightly different tint of blue, there was no map in the room, there's supposed to be a pipe coming out along the side of the computer, there's supposed to be beakers and more items on the table, the table is a silver color, and the layout of the computer entirely. :p

Also a different chair and lamp.

I guess we can just call it "artistic license".

Back
Top Bottom