• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how to feel about this one. At first few glances it does look pretty real, and honestly I can totally see Gamefreak designing a creature like that. But, the inconsistencies that Joe has stated are worth pointing out, even though this can just be an earlier build of the game, where these inconsistencies haven't been fixed yet. So I'm pretty neutral on whether it's real or fake. The Pokemon itself is kind of weird too, but I kinda like it. It definitely looks like it can evolve into an awesome Bug/Dragon, which I'm all for.

Edit: The shading on the model also seems kind of weird than from what we have seen so far. Like, all the other models were in very lit up areas, so it might just be that, but this guy's model just feels full on flat to me, even though the camera pans on it a bit.

I wonder what this red icon with the arrow pointing at it in the bottom right corner of the footage is supposed to be?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 2.55.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 2.55.46 PM.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 81
And why is this relevant? How does “Joe believes literally nothing” changes the valid points he made?

Instead of using an ad hominem, why don’t you offer counter points?
Well for one it must definitely looks like an unfinished product. Which I'm sure the game currently is. Not only that this seems to be in the mines that was in the trailer, which I imagine would be more on the cramped side.

I think Joe makes a valid point, but I don't think we've seen cave battle footage yet- its possible that the walls could be more enclosed in those areas, and that the 'glow effect' he mentions wouldn't necessarily be applied to this Pokemon due to being in a darker lit area.

There's some problems with my idea as well though, like, if the walls of the cave are more enclosed and the battle area is smaller, wouldn't that limit the size of Pokemon you can bring with you to fight in caves? It's possible that they could do something like that, but it would also open the potential for more limitations we've never had before, like if they didn't let you use non flying/levitating Fire Pokemon in battle while you're surfing or something.

I'm still wondering what that bug is, since it's really not a lanternfly.
Yeah, it's driving me nuts. The face shape looks familiar, but I don't think it's a bug I'm thinking of. Something I just saw recently had a similar face shape, but I don't think it was Pokemon related, either.. I'll probably remember it falling asleep tonight ;u;
I mean, there's the possibility that the bug aspect of it is simply the body itself and not the face that the design is taken from, and they just gave it a jaw to be more dragon-like.

You know, I think this is a literal dragonfly, as in, a fly that is a dragon. Which is a pretty painful pun given life.
If it is, I'm hoping the name is just really simple, like Dragoonfly-- extra o on purpose-- or something similar. I mean, we literally have Seel, so naming it basically what it is isn't out of left field... >u<

You know, I think this is a literal dragonfly, as in, a fly that is a dragon. Which is a pretty painful pun given life.
You mentioning that made me realize that if this thing is real, the couple people who I've seen online who have been wanting a legit fly Pokemon for years will be really bummed out.

I feel like it could evolve in some cool ways though- its interesting that it seems to be crying, I wonder why? It's especially interesting to me given that Sobble also has a crying motif. If it is loosely based on that lanternfly, I guess it releases a 'foul smelling substance', so it could have something to do with that?

The thing that makes me consider this could be a fake, is the wings motion.

But I am still leaning towards real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom