• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it weird that they are going to base Scorbunny's final evo in Princess Kaguya, since there's already a Pokémon based on it, and a big one, no less.

Well, Kaguya is somewhat the Japanese version of the Moon Goddess Chang'e but their legends are pretty different so today they're treated as different characters. As Celesteela shows, Kaguya is more related to shining bamboo than to lunar rabbits, anyway.

Yea, I kinda hope this is false. Another Fire/Flying phoenix? An eeveelution to only Steel? And so many repeated elements combinations. In the video, a Grookey holding a wooden stick, hitting a rock, becomes Grass/Steel?

But if only 2, 3-stage evolutions, well then, that seems to make it accurate.

Oh yeah, here's a 2nd thing to take into consideration. I have a feeling, if this was accessed from Nintendo or GF, it's most likely weeks or months old. So probably 100% for back then. In that case, there most likely is more now.

People (4 channels...) are saying that the chinese riddler confirmed the bug/dragon as part of an evo line, and also supposedly did this:

I want to repeat, there is no clear evidence whether it was actually him or not. Even if it was, it doesn't prove the rumor with validity.

Why would an English region have this many chinese references. This is clearly fake, probably just a wish list.

The bug/dragon "leak" looks so low quality there's no way it's real. Maybe a beta but it doesn't excite me either.

Sigh, I wish they didn't reveal the game so early. I'm bored by the lack of actual news already since I'm not feeling any of the starters in particular.

Why would an English region have this many chinese references. This is clearly fake, probably just a wish list.

The bug/dragon "leak" looks so low quality there's no way it's real. Maybe a beta but it doesn't excite me either.

Sigh, I wish they didn't reveal the game so early. I'm bored by the lack of actual news already since I'm not feeling any of the starters in particular.
But then why does Unova, Kalos and Alola have creatures that are not native in those areas of the world?

I feel you on the starters. =/ I'm waiting for their evos to decide if I give a damn about any of them since their first stages were all pretty bland this time around.

Not necessarily.

Gen 5 was NYC area, but yet we had the 3 musketeers, and Ken Sugimoro said Serperior was based on French royalty. And then ying and yang legendary.

But what would U.S. history be? Do people that grew up in U.S., even know what the Native Americans believed?

So some people took all those French hints as gen 6 will be in France, which it was.

GF has not done a Chinese region yet, and probably won't, so of course they will put in Chinese pokemon.

-

This is off topic, but I suspect the next region, if it isn't USA again, will be a Spanish region.

Remember, Pokemon UK is headquartered in London and merged with Pokemon USA in 2009, headquartered near Seattle. So I'm sure GF had a lot of UK consultants from Pokemon UK (I hope).

But then why does Unova, Kalos and Alola have creatures that are not native in those areas of the world?

Unova had one starter line based on chinese mythology. This has all three and the legendaries. Nope.

I feel you on the starters. =/ I'm waiting for their evos to decide if I give a damn about any of them since their first stages were all pretty bland this time around.

Same, they just feel too much like a rehash of many existing pokemon, and then powerpuff girls. Looking at the speculations are fun though. I want the astrobunny!

Unova had one starter line based on chinese mythology. This has all three and the legendaries. Nope.

Same, they just feel too much like a rehash of many existing pokemon, and then powerpuff girls. Looking at the speculations are fun though. I want the astrobunny!
astrobunny is moon rabbit.

I Call fake!

I saw a tarsier an animal native to southeast asia mainly my land philippines which is way way way way so far from UK and a tropic animal at that that will never survive at a cold artic area(some may argue wishiwashi but heck)

But if this real a tarsier pokemon would be fantastic it will commit suicide when stressed.
Didn't stop them putting pandas in France and an anteater in New York City. Putting Pokemon based on animals from specific regions in Pokemon regions not based on those regions is a staple.

And I can see the whole suicidal tendencies will either be ignored or be turned into an ability where it just selfdistructs.

Also way to predict scorbunny to go the feminine route.... Wouldn't it be the grass starter's turn to be feminine
If we were following a pattern. Maybe. Considering Serperior was thr last "feminine" grass starter.

But there's no pattern in what one will be the "feminine" starter.

Also the 4 chinese legend gas been brought up again and again in more leaks than i can count back even in the gen 6 era
People really wanted a Chinese region. Some people are in denial about it not happening yet.

If it's real on the other hand, the Chinese legends would make sense due to Poke-Hong Kong I guess.

Also infernape is already based on son goku and where is the musical theme in that?
The musical theme was speculation. We honestly have no clue what the starter theme is this time around.

Also did this list imply the bug/dragon is a flea?

Right there is the smoking gun. Especially considering how big it is and how lanternfly-y it is.

The list is probably done by a westerner trying to put words into somebody's mouth who almost lost their job by playing a guessing game with everybody.

EDIT: Sorry if this gave you a notification, Knightwolf. I was originally going to respond to something days ago and for some reason it saved it in the post without me noticing and so it posted. Sorry about that.

People (4 channels...) are saying that the chinese riddler confirmed the bug/dragon as part of an evo line, and also supposedly did this:

I want to repeat, there is no clear evidence whether it was actually him or not. Even if it was, it doesn't prove the rumor with validity.

I'd be okay with this! Probably especially because there is a unicorn Pokemon! <3 The Trojan horse would be hilarious. An ice dragon would be awesome.

Gen 5 was NYC area, but yet we had the 3 musketeers, and Ken Sugimoro said Serperior was based on French royalty. And then ying and yang legendary.

But what would U.S. history be? Do people that grew up in U.S., even know what the Native Americans believed?

Unova's concept was multiculturalism. It drew inspiration from various cultures equally. This had historical basis as well. There's no reason for Galar to be almost exclusively inspired by China.

Unova's concept was multiculturalism. It drew inspiration from various cultures equally. This had historical basis as well. There's no reason for Galar to be almost exclusively inspired by China.
The UK is home to a lot of China Towns within the cities, with Liverpool having the oldest in Europe, and in the world that is outside of China.

Yeah I don't believe this one bit even though it would be cool. We need a source

Btw, the reason I believe El_'s post is because of this Twitter account on Pokemon King and Queen announced in January. However, he did shut his Twitter down for a few days when Sword and Shield was announced, so he was wrong about it being called King and Queen. But before that happened, he announced the legendaries as Steel/Poison and Fairy. So I seen it with my eyes.

The interesting thing is, it's all a piece of the puzzle. Which I think is constantly changing too.

Edit: and yet, the Galaran forms of Johto pokemon in other leaks, could still be true, as such data could be kept in a separate file or database. Same with mega evolutions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom