• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailfin Dragon Care Sheet

It's not a literal dragon

Doesnt have to be. Most dragons in Pokemon are not actually dragons. Most are distantly related as hybrids such as Wyverns or something ancient or prehistoric. They are just lumped in that category as the closest type that represents them. Still works for GF.

Doesnt have to be. Most dragons in Pokemon are not actually dragons. Most are distantly related as hybrids such as Wyverns or something ancient or prehistoric. They are just lumped in that category as the closest type that represents them. Still works for GF.
Yeah but making it dragon is still pushing it for a starter.

Doesnt have to be. Most dragons in Pokemon are not actually dragons. Most are distantly related as hybrids at best. They are just lumped in that category as the closest type. Still works for GF.

Looking at Alolan Exeggutor and Mega Ampharos, apparently being Dragon type doesn't require looking anything like a dragon or having any characteristic related to a dragon at all.

Yeah but making it dragon is still pushing it for a starter.

What about Fire/Dragon Scorbunny evolution? Or Grass/Dragon Grookey evolution? :p

Last edited:
Looking at Alolan Exeggutor and Mega Ampharos, apparently being Dragon type doesn't require looking anything like a dragon or having any characteristic related to a dragon at all.

What about Fire/Dragon Scorbunny evolution? Or Grass/Dragon Grookey evolution? :p

Well both Ampharos and Exeguttor are somewhat inspired by asian Dragon legends. Its not a huge stretch as some other dragons we have lol

Incineroar's my favorite of that generation starters wow. But that's looks-wise.

I was however, disappointed in what Litwick's evolutions were, that seemed ugly to me. That was the 1st generation based on USA and yet Chandelure has all traits of Asian elements.

Anybody notice how gen 1 grass types were all plants, except for the starters? And now, grass types are mostly animals. Ugh.

The biggest point against an Armor mechanic is that the game logos pertain to the new gyms, which have a soccer/sports theme. If Armor does exist, it's secondary in importance.

Yes! I am still trying to figure out if Armor could even be a fun/varied mechanic.

There was something on one of the earlier pages which is probably not authentic but it was just a rumor from twitter, in which it made a comparison between Alolan forms and what the "Armored" forms might be, and referenced the Round Table stories.
Creative and weird new evolutions are most welcome!

In Exeggutor's defense, it's a pun. It is based on the dracaena, the dragon plant.

The amusement and hysteria of leak season. Though sadly that lil bit of drama had little to do with actual leaks, so allow me to help:

View attachment 116724

I agree with the mooks on 4ch, this is so basic. If true, would match Ghost 1 on the Dex chart though. Keep in mind someone could have made it for that purpose. Not that difficult to take a white sheet, give it eyes, and then finish off with a confidential.
It looks a little TOO simple

Has this logic prevented an otter from becoming a sea lion?

Samurott is a species of otter such as Black Otter.

Last edited:
To be fair, becoming a dragon doesn’t have to disrupt the “rock/paper/scissors” factor if they use secondary types to make up for it. That’s what they did to maintain Torterra’s edge over Empoleon. Having said that, I really can’t see Grookey becoming a Fairy type (or an ice type I guess if you count Freeze-Dry...) so I doubt Sobble will be a Dragon.

I can see sobble becoming a part steel or dragon "knight" that uses it's tail as a shield. It fits it's theme of avoiding attacks
Plus, Its fin kinda looks like that feather thing knights have on their helments

Anything new happened last few days except for the deleted Nintendo America tweet? So, anything credible?

If Sobble becomes a badass looking Water/Dragon, I can go without a Dragon type Pseudo legendary this Gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom