• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If pokemon announces they'll patch the games and I see someone complaining that it's taking too long or future games are delayed I will be tossing bricks around.
And with dozens new more Rock-types introduced, you'll have no shortage of ammo!
Hmmm, actually aren't they technically copying and pasting the same models of pokemon in the overworld?
Uh...I sure hope not. It'd be like if you copied and pasted your avatar into your post every time you posted. They should just be calling the same asset.

Ignoring that. People seem to be worried that some of their favorite pokemon might not make the cut. So let's see if we can ease some worries. What pokemon are you afraid of not being able to take with you?

Let me list some of them that I like a lot (no repeats despite sorting by typing). Forgive me if they've already been seen in SwSh before.

Ghost types: Gengar, Mismagius, Drifblim, Giratina, Chandelure, Gourgeist, Mimikyu, Shedinja, Froslass, Rotom, Jellicent, Aegislash, Hoopa, Decidueye, Palossand, Lunala, Marshadow

Dark types: Absol, Weavile, Scrafty, Hydreigon, Malamar, Guzzlord, Krookodile, Greninja, Pangoro

Fairy types: Clefable, Togekiss, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Sylveon, Comfey, Wigglytuff, Azumarill, Gardevoir, Mawile, Whimsicott, Klefki, Diancie, Primarina, Ribombee, Tapu Lele

Poison types: Garbodor, Toxapex, Salazzle, Vileplume

Bug types: Leavanny, Galvantula, Volcarona, Golisopod, Pheromosa, Araquanid

Steel types: Aggron, Registeel, Metagross, Jirachi, Celesteela, Magnezone, Empoleon, Probopass, Exadrill, Ferrothorn, Kartana, Stakataka

Fighting types: Hitmontop, Meinshao, Crabominable, Breloom, Chesnaught, Bewear

Psychic types: Mew, Wobbufet, Chimecho, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Musharna, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Beheeyem, Meowstic, Xatu, Lugia, Victini, Swoobat, Sigilyph, Latias, Meloetta

Dragon types: Goodra, Altaria, Garchomp, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Flygon, Dialga, Tyrantrum, Noivern

Ice types: Glaceon, Lapras, Abomasnow, Aurorus

Electric type: Pikachu, Electivire, Ampharos, Luxray, Zeraora, Emolga

Fire types: Charizard, Ninetales, Typhlosion, Magmotar, Delphox, Talonflame, Pyroar

Grass types: Meganium, Bellossom, Cherrim, Lilligant, Maractus, Lurantis, Tsareena, Jumpluff, Cradily

Water types: Feraligator, Politoed, Milotic, Swampert, Kyogre, Quagsire, Gastrodon

Ground types: Gliscor

Rock types: Archeops

Normal types: Lickitung, Blissey, Ditto, Porygon-Z, Castform, Lopunny, Audino, Cinccino

Do you think they're all in?

I hope I'll be able to use my Crobat and my Empoleon,they are important for me. I have them since Diamond!

Ignoring that. People seem to be worried that some of their favorite pokemon might not make the cut. So let's see if we can ease some worries. What pokemon are you afraid of not being able to take with you?
Bisharp is my favorite Pokemon and I have one I trained from a mono-Dark type X Run that I'm REALLY close to. But I feel like it fits the aesthetic of the Galar Region perfectly, so I'm not too worried. It would still suck if it doesn't make the cut.

I really hope starters are allowed because I love my Incineroar from Sun and Samurott from Black 2. I also am kind of nervous for Pokemon like Porygon, Gothita, Solosis, Litwick, Elekid, Zorua, Absol, Scraggy, Sewaddle and Misdreavus (and a bunch others) because I love those lines and I'm not sure if they are popular enough to make it through :/

Due to the very large number of reports this thread is currently generating, and the vast amount of general rudeness that we're seeing we're going to be locking it for a little while to give everyone the chance to cool down.

For reference, if you'd like to voice your opinion on the Galar Pokedex situation, please do so in one of the three seperate available threads. Anything else, take a look around the forum for one that fits your need. If it doesn't exist, why not make the thread yourself?

Thank you.

Ruffoldrowlit had shown his concerns for the future of Pokemon, since for Gen 8, it's likely there's going to be nearly 200 new Pokemon, exceeding the number to 1000.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qch1mvYGjuw&t=200s

in an interview with Famitsu, Junichi Masuda that we exceeded the pokémon 1000 (including Pokemon shapes and new Pokémon included). This assumes that the new generation contains at least 70 new Pokémon according to our calculations

View: https://twitter.com/Pokekalos/status/1138946597465796609?fbclid=IwAR1APAEtAWWb5WXyYC0kr8xlVpkAvIFCcJP2CTnpOOhzMi_oYPD-SiGmJSo

I just hope we have new pokemon that actually evolve. that was something that bugged me in Alola as many seemed incomplete.

The leak did have some errors within it such as Yamper's name and Scorbunny's Pure Fighting instead of Pure Fire...

So what makes us think that when referring to Opal being a Fairy Type Gym Leader is in fact a Dark Type Gym Leader?

It's just a theory, not something that I'm slamming my fist for as some immature person as some might mistake me for. Forgive the harsh tone, I'm just trying to describe the situation with words that only I know.

New Pokemon So far and my guess on evolution

Wooloo ->???
Gossifleur -> Eldegoss I think are complete but I would like another evolution to something similar to this (as it looks eerily similar)
62211950_1530259437103929_2004083940204866480_n.jpg
Drednaw -> ???
Corviknight complete
Yamper -> ???
Impidimp ->??? -> ???
Unnamed Squirrel pokemon complete

The Dynamax Rumor does say Opal's gym is the first Fairy type gym, but we know this is a mistake because Valerie has the honor of being the first Fairy type Gym Leader.
Plus there are also other mistakes and errors found in the leak, such as Yamper's name and the pure Fighting Scorbunny evolution when it should be pure Fire.

I've watched both the Treehouse Live and the Water Gym Demo but I still haven't been able to see what the Pokemon Stats UI looks like. Has anyone managed to find an image or video that shows it?

ImageofPokemonUI.jpg

It's the circled part of the image - when you press 'Y' to display changes in Pokemon stats (if you didn't understand what I was describing).

The Dynamax Rumor does say Opal's gym is the first Fairy type gym, but we know this is a mistake because Valerie has the honor of being the first Fairy type Gym Leader.
However, it is possible that the leaker simply forgot that Valerie existed, which is understandable, given how forgettable Kalos's Gym Leaders are.

Gossifleur -> Eldegoss I think are complete but I would like another evolution to something similar to this (as it looks eerily similar)
The line makes me feel like it’s going to be 3 stage for some reason. I know ‘vibes’ are purely subjective and often irrational, but its giving me a similar-to-Tsareena vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom