• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine Ditto not being there? RS didn't have it.
I remember the days when people were desperately trying to get Castform to breed like a Ditto.
Some people. It would take many unused animals, type combinations and good cross-generational evolutions to get my attention, and even then, I'd still feel salty not knowing the fate of hundreds of Pokemon.

The odds of the story impressing me are low. I have no interest in Dynamax or the mascots, and the revealed characters don't scream creativity.

It would basically take 150 new, good Pokemon to get me to care about these games. I doubt that's happening.

Or if Pokemon Home is a game unto itself, I might buy them.

Otherwise, my Pokemon fandom dies with Ultra Sun. I just got a PS4 today after canceling my pre-order so I can play Persona 5 and the Digimon games.

...now I'm concerned whether Rockruff and its evos will be able to make it into Sword and Shield. Especially Dusk Lycanroc- I really wanted to see if that one would be able to transfer up to more recent generations, since special pokemon forms tend to get left behind. I was also hoping to see updates to their learnsets- heck, I wanted to see updates to everyone's learnsets and who got new moves from the new games. =(

Some people. It would take many unused animals, type combinations and good cross-generational evolutions to get my attention, and even then, I'd still feel salty not knowing the fate of hundreds of Pokemon.

The odds of the story impressing me are low. I have no interest in Dynamax or the mascots, and the revealed characters don't scream creativity.

You basically hit it right on the spot on how I felt about this. I don't think it is something that many fans will just simply let go of (and that's good too, we need to keep fighting/pushing til GameFreak actually acknowledge our complaints/concerns and find a way to get all Pokemon in the games).

Not to mention, the official Pokemon Treehouse video is currently at only 16k likes while it's at 48k dislikes. The official Pokemon Twitter's tweets have been blowing up with ton of people using the hashtag of #BringBackNationalDex during the last two days too. At this point, GameFreak will eventually have to acknowledge that many of us are not happy with their decisions to cut off some of the Pokemon.

I'd like to point out a fact Ohmori himself brought up in an interview. As people think because SUMO had every pokemon programmed in so SwSh should be able to, they admitted that even that feet was extremely difficult but they managed to pull off, and now they were around 100 more to work with. So despite them admitting that they currently didn't have the time to finish all the models just yet to put in. It's still a matter of if they can put the rest in, even if they wanted. This would essentialy be inserting data that didn't exist in the game data prior. So just sticking the rest in, would be something they've never done before. And that could lead to trouble if pulled off wrong. Just throwing junk out there.

I'd like to point out a fact Ohmori himself brought up in an interview. As people think because SUMO had every pokemon programmed in so SwSh should be able to, they admitted that even that feet was extremely difficult but they managed to pull off, and now they were around 100 more to work with. So despite them admitting that they currently didn't have the time to finish all the models just yet to put in. It's still a matter of if they can put the rest in, even if they wanted. This would essentialy be inserting data that didn't exist in the game data prior. So just sticking the rest in, would be something they've never done before. And that could lead to trouble if pulled off wrong. Just throwing junk out there.
Switch is also more powerful than the 3DS, though? If they're already pushing the limits on the Switch this early, which I'm positive that they're not, then they're gonna be screwed for the rest of its product life.

Switch is also more powerful than the 3DS, though? If they're already pushing the limits on the Switch this early, which I'm positive that they're not, then they're gonna be screwed for the rest of its product life.
I wasn't exactly saying they're pushing the switch's limits, more so pushing their own

The complete eradication of many pokemon is very disappointing.
I keep seeing this, and everyone is acting like the Pokemon outside of the Galar region won't exist anymore. That's not what's happening. You literally just won't be able to have them in SWSH, but they all still exist. They will be able to go to Pokemon HOME. Thanos doesn't live in this universe yall.

I will say this though: I hope that in future games, they don't just pick the "popular" pokemon. That'll result in some people never seeing their favorite pokemon in a new game again.
I hope that the special snowflakes like Dusk Lycanroc will be importable, too... since they were one-off distributions and never really native to any region. =/ Of all pokemon, I think those are the ones most in danger. Which might just be Dusk and Ash-Greninja at the moment, but if Spikey-Eared Pichu makes a return, that'll be another one in danger of being unusable after Gen 8.

I keep seeing this, and everyone is acting like the Pokemon outside of the Galar region won't exist anymore. That's not what's happening. You literally just won't be able to have them in SWSH, but they all still exist. They will be able to go to Pokemon HOME. Thanos doesn't live in this universe yall.
I mean that's great if you want to continually have to pay to store them. I'd rather be able to have them saved on a game where I don't have to worry about my financial situation or forgetting to pay causing them to be gone forever. Unless HOME is going to be free or offer indefinite storage, unlike Bank.

I don't think anyone is acting like Pokemon outside of Galar region will be permanently erased off the Pokemon universe but rather, just frustrated/concerned because they won't be able to use some of the Pokemon in Sword/Shield game thus the huge backlash all over the internet happened due to this.

Yes, it's good that Pokemon Home will be able to accept any and all Pokemon in but the point is that many fans want to be able to use their beloved Pokemon in games rather than being stuck in there.

Well, Pokemon is known to be a Multiverse. Wouldn't surprise me if non-Galar Pokemon don't exist in the Galar continuity, at least in the games.

Which might just be Dusk and Ash-Greninja at the moment, but if Spikey-Eared Pichu makes a return, that'll be another one in danger of being unusable after Gen 8.

They can be Banked along with the Capchus & SM Totems, though, so I think they're safe for Home.

RIP to Spiky-Eared Pichu, Cosplay Pikachu, Totem Araquanid/A-Marowak/Togedemaru/Ribombee, & Partner Pikachu/Eevee though. Partner Pikachu/Eevee is really the worst imo, considering they're some kids' first starter Pokemon.

I hope that the special snowflakes like Dusk Lycanroc will be importable, too... since they were one-off distributions and never really native to any region. =/ Of all pokemon, I think those are the ones most in danger. Which might just be Dusk and Ash-Greninja at the moment, but if Spikey-Eared Pichu makes a return, that'll be another one in danger of being unusable after Gen 8.

I mean that's great if you want to continually have to pay to store them. I'd rather be able to have them saved on a game where I don't have to worry about my financial situation or forgetting to pay causing them to be gone forever. Unless HOME is going to be free or offer indefinite storage, unlike Bank.
They can be Banked along with the Capchus & SM Totems, though, so I think they're safe for Home.

RIP to Spiky-Eared Pichu, Cosplay Pikachu, Totem Araquanid/A-Marowak/Togedemaru/Ribombee, & Partner Pikachu/Eevee though. Partner Pikachu/Eevee is really the worst imo, considering they're some kids' first starter Pokemon.

Well it could be an NPC gift or trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom