• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oki Draws Pictures

may 2024 New
  • Illustration38.png
    spen.png
    nozohika.png
    Illustration39.png
    glalie.png

i'm fighting for my life out here in these favorite pokémon polls

apr 2024 rkgk
  • last minute doodles before I have to go on a trip and won't have my tablet... yippee
    april3.png

Today (April 3) is a national holiday Palletshipping Day! The number 43 can be read in goroawase as シサ (shigeru/satoshi).

sdasdaskjk.png
    Illustration28.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 044312.png

Screenshot 2024-04-03 044334.png

mar 2024 pt.2
  • suisei2a.png

.: If you cut me, I suppose I would bleed the colors of the evening stars.
    Cover image thingy to go alongside the fic I'm currently writing for the 2024 Shipping One-Shot contest. :D
    Illustration22.png

this just really spoke to me
    evy.png

mar 2024
  • Second art dump of the year (yikes it's March already). I'm slowly remembering how to make finished art.
    imite.png

redo of this Duplica I drew in June 2021 (almost 3 yrs ago):

imite old.png
    pkc.png

Illustration11.png
    latio.png

bata.png
    kurefuri.png
    The usual batch of recent doodles from Sketch the Above. come join in!

prompts:
    "a gijinka of something you would love to be besties with" / "a gijinka of a legendary pokémon"
    "your favorite butterfly pokémon" / "a pokémon you don’t get why people hated"
    kfdsjkkl.png

ppl seemed to like this when I posted it on Discord a while back, so here's a very rough study of the RSE Sugimori style using my OC/fankid :chansey:
    You've probably seen a couple of these already, but for the sake of compiling them here, here's a few of the animated signatures I made for people recently:

meow.gif
    djdjdjd.gif
    sylv2.gif

also an unrelated one that I was gonna use in a blog post but I made it too big

fish.gif

jan 2024
  • First art dump of the year. Some of it is actually from late last year but shush :slowpoke:
    frost.png
    Illustration3.png
    Illustration4.png

Illustration6.png
    dip.png
    More stuff from Sketch the Above! Including some I didn't post. From left to right:
    one of your OCs (ninja'd), a neutral good character, a character with lightning powers (ninja'd)
    favorite pokemiku, favorite pokémon from teal mask/indigo disk
    shams.png

This lovely Volcarona lady belongs to Kheilos (escolopendror)! I drew her for the 2023 Secret Santa Art Trade. Very fun event, I hope to do it again next year :bulbaLove:
    steel.png

This was intended for that "draw yourself as a Gym Leader" trend that was going around but I didn't really finish it lol.
    espe.png
    mew.png

end of year 2023
  • I'm probably not gonna get any more big pieces done before the end of the month, so time to wrap it up...

Art summary thing for 2023:
    2023recap2 b.png

talk about inconsistency...
    Can't help but feel like this was a bit of an odd year overall. I've definitely improved a lot since last year (partially thanks to upgrading to a computer that doesn't suck, lol) — but it's sometimes hard for me to recognize that I've made much progress at all. Ah well, I'll never be totally satisfied; I can only wonder how my art will grow in 2024.

2023 recap color b.png
    I made the template for this myself, so feel free to use it and edit it however you like!
    It's transparent, so you can easily just drop your images behind it.

2023 temp.png
    2023 temp text.png

2023 temp dark.png
    2023 temp text dark.png

This year's compilation of scrapped sketches and doodles I've amassed over the past twelve months:
    wowza.png

Also, the rest of that holiday banner that I can share now.
    holiday2023 notext.png

If you happened to see it posted on the official Bulba twitter, then here it is again!

ship prompts
  • Did another one of those drawing prompt thingies. This time it's six seven different Pokémon pairings, suggested by seven different people here!
    sixships.png

requested by:
    @Teebs96 - I can't get enough of them either!
    @asiryn - I was totally going to draw MoonLily at first since I love that pairing, but I saw Misty/Serena and something about it just jumped out at me...
    @lisianthus - what a wonderful wonder friendship brings do you know you are my very best friieeeenndsssss
    @sleepwick - this is too good of an idea to not have an official ship name that I can find?!
    @beryllium - TRUE!
    @Herbizarre - Crossover ships always stand out to me, I remember reading a post of yours about this one. :D

and @coordinator lissi, whom I mistakenly skipped over when sketching this out (i'm so sorry ;_;) but requested BoutiqueShipping:

boutique.png

a lot of whatever 3
  • Feeling a little bleh about art this week, so I'mma just throw all this here without thinking too much of it...

lyra.png
    slkfjd.png
    vbsvbsvbd.png
    holiday2023prevc.png

a sneak peek of a bigger thing that I can't share quite yet :o

a lot of whatever 2
  • Quick sketch dump in between better things:
    evsk.png
    shelg.png
    lugia.png
    rifu.png

Recent draws from the Sketch the Above game. Come join us sometime!
    Prompts: "favorite Pokémon", "favorite Dragon-type", "box legendary from your first game", and "favorite player character" (though I was ninja'd before I could post this one)
    rolll2.gif

a predictable riff on that old Rolling Girl animation meme (sm11942631).
    I'll roll along again today...
    D18gwiz.gif

Finally tried out the timelapse feature on CSP, it's pretty cool. This is just the lineart and main coloring process of the latest avi I've drawn, though there's accidentally a short skip between the two.
    y'know, I used to draw Zero so much back in the day that this is the first req I didn't need to look at a reference image for...

a lot of whatever
  • outf1a.png

Blanc messaged me the other day and asked (nay, demanded?!) that I draw the same character that I already draw every day... the audacity!!!
    Ah, but he's in a different outfit this time, so I guess that makes it okay.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 071456.png

outf2.png
    Crossposting a few more avis and sigs that I've made for peeps over here. I took a break until not long ago, so the first three are actually a few months old already.

nadineico2.png
    calvico2.png
    luciico2.png

sheerico2a.png
    demoico2.png
    catz2ico2.png

teebsig.png

lissisig.png
    flower.png
    Illustration41.png
    clod.png
    jolt.png
    huh.png

pika revamp
  • Not much new lately. I've been way too busy with other commitments to sit down and draw much, which has been a pain.
    Just to make sure I don't get rusty, today I quickly redrew a very old pikadoodle of mine from almost 12 years ago:
    pika1.png

The original, from January 9th, 2012:

image.png

(this poorly compressed screenshot is the only surviving copy I have left of this image but I still love it)

And although a few of you noticed this right away, I'm happy to say that last week I was accepted onto the Bulbagarden staff artist team! Please look forward to seeing my art around the forums and other Bulbaplaces in the near future!!
    s.png

halloween 2023 / zzzzzz
  • cerulean.png

Some sort of cover image to accompany the Halloween one-shot I'm doing for this year's Writers' Workshop contest.
    Alternate title: "would you still love me if I was a Frillish?"

!!!.png
    studying.png

I passed the first one of my exams, but when I did, I expected there to be a little more fanfare...
    Research must be tough.

spinoffs / sygna
  • oops, forgive the double-post but I forgot to actually dump this week's art while I was here. *facepalm*

I scribbled out a few obscure characters from spinoff games to de-rust. how many do you recognize?
    cyndy.png
    justy.png

...I remembered Justy being a lot scarier because of his ridiculously unfair overleveled team. He's actually an okay guy.

justy2.png
    pbr.png

(not really, but I always thought they looked like they could be related)

And because it just wouldn't be me without you-know-who, have some severely unfinished design concepts:
    sygna.png

A half-formed idea that's been in my head ever since I picked up Masters EX again. I haven't completely decided on what arrangement of colors I want to use, so I haven't cleaned these up at all yet. (I'll get to it, probably, but I wanna get more comfortable posting unpolished stuff too.)
    The only reason why I picked these two Pokémon specifically is because they're my personal favorite ones that they own. xP

Illustration31.png

doodling
  • aww thank you you two!

Lately I just haven't drawn very much due to being sick. When I do have the energy to draw, all of a sudden I feel sooo uninspired. *falls over*
    So take a few vague unpolished sketches that I liked, until something greater hits me...
    leaf.png
    fsdjg.png

shipweek days 6-7 / eeveelutions pt. 2
  • Final two days of Ship Week stuff:
    contest.png
    copy.png

August hasn't actually been all that bad here. Not that I'd want that kind of summer heat...

And here's more fake Eeveelutions, with some unlikely types.
    ev2.png

Eonneon (Evoluceon)
    Type: Normal / Ability: Fur Coat, Adaptability, Scrappy
    "The true evolution of Eevee when in a safe and controlled environment, protected from any factors that would cause its DNA to drastically alter itself."
    "Researchers theorize that Eevee could evolve into this Pokémon in the wild organically if it managed to live an extremely long time."

Enigmeon (Uncanneon)
    Type: ??? / Ability: Cacophony
    "A deeply unnatural evolution that was born when an Eevee struggled to adapt to the conditions it was exposed to."
    "Not much is yet understood about this Pokémon. It will give you a feeling of vertigo if you maintain its strange gaze."

imite / shipweek days 1-5
  • you guys are all so nice, thank you :bulbaLove:

Time to throw some more art at the wall and see what sticks:
    dupli.png

I had no goal in mind with this, I was out of practice and needed to do a warm-up.
    The outfit is just what I wore last weekend...

Also, I heard through the Art Gallery grape vine that Pokémon Ship Week is a thing...? I really wanted to draw my top 7 faves for it.
    But I also found out a bit late that this was happening, so I ended up rushing through the last five days of prompts to catch up lol.
    coldcoffee.png
    pallet.png
    poke.png
    timepro.png

When Journeys was still in the middle of airing, I had this AU/theory wherein Tokio's real reason for seeking Celebi was because he'd been mistakenly displaced from his own time.
    He'd have to go back eventually...
    sstep.png

misc i lost count
  • Oh hey, I guess I forgot how to draw for a while. I think I'm back now.

I'm currently participating in this year's Art Fight, so here are the things that I've drawn for forum friends so far!
    ferd2 rz.png

These two cuties belong to the one and only @Torchic W. Pip!

Also this is what the painting looked like on the sketch layer and it was making me laugh

wow.png
    crys.png

This young lady's designer is our Art Gallery's very own @DawningWinds!

And here's some less polished stuff from last month's terrible bout of art block.
    june.png
    thunderbolt.png

image.png
    10s.png

^ These characters have absolutely nothing in common, except for the fact that I was obsessed with them when I was in high school. So I drew them again from memory for old times' sake.

fngkdf.png

Back
    Top Bottom