• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, I'm not sure if this means anything but I just read that "Holy Matrimony" and "Pikachu's Goodbye" were added to the official playlist for original series episodes on Japanese youtube.

It's the former that has me curious. Possible Jezzibelle reappearance upcoming?
That playlist largely consists of popular Kanto episodes (only the Diglett one is questionable). But sure, if they paid a homage to "Pikachu's Goodbye" (in advance of this playlist), the other episodes have some chance.

I hope they upload "Mewtwo Returns" soon to set up the second return.

Last edited:
We HAVE to get Paul back in the PWC soon, he was Ash's biggest rival they can't leave him out.
Especially because he's literally the 'other side of the same coin' to Ash. If Ash entered the PWC, there's no way Paul wouldn't have done the same (Unless he had some off-screen epiphany and decided to become a Pokeballet instructor? :lapras:).

I think it'd be cool to see all of Ash's past League rivals that defeated him show up as PWC participants. Except for Tobias. Screw Tobias. I don't want to see that guy ever again.

(Unless he had some off-screen epiphany and decided to become a Pokeballet instructor? :lapras:).
Headcanon accepted.

I think it'd be cool to see all of Ash's past League rivals that defeated him show up as PWC participants. Except for Tobias. Screw Tobias. I don't want to see that guy ever again.
Tobias has to come back if we ever want to see him toppled from his pedestal.

Tobias has to come back if we ever want to see him toppled from his pedestal.
I honestly couldn't care less about that. It's painfully obvious that Tobias was created solely as a Deus Ex Machina that would knock Ash out of the Sinnoh League. Besides, the fact that Cynthia remains the Sinnoh Champion implies that either she or one of the Sinnoh Elite Four defeated Tobias and his hacked Legendaries offscreen or he literally had no interest in challenging the Elite Four and Champion, in which case gives the impression of some jerk who just wanted to flex by beating up a bunch of kids but was too cowardly to stand up to grown ups with actual experience who might teach him a lesson, meaning Tobias likely wouldn't challenge the PWC because that tournament is packed to the brim with elites.

The mostly self contained format the series took from BW onwards really made the whole Tobias issue worse, imo. Most of Ash’s league rivals were, by the end of the day, normal trainers with their own business to attend, so them going under the radar is plausible... but you would think that Ash would hear a thing or two about a Legendary tamer when he’s traveled to every single known region since then.

Besides, the fact that Cynthia remains the Sinnoh Champion implies that either she or one of the Sinnoh Elite Four defeated Tobias and his hacked Legendaries offscreen or he literally had no interest in challenging the Elite Four and Champion, in which case gives the impression of some jerk who just wanted to flex by beating up a bunch of kids but was too cowardly to stand up to grown ups with actual experience who might teach him a lesson, meaning Tobias likely wouldn't challenge the PWC because that tournament is packed to the brim with elites.
Honestly, I have wondered what Tobias' deal was. He's clearly way too powerful for a regional championship if the best anyone can do is knocking out two of his team in a full battle (Alain was almost as OP for most of the league but Ash at least got him down to one left). What is with him?

The mostly self contained format the series took from BW onwards really made the whole Tobias issue worse, imo. Most of Ash’s league rivals were, by the end of the day, normal trainers with their own business to attend, so them going under the radar is plausible... but you would think that Ash would hear a thing or two about a Legendary tamer when he’s traveled to every single known region since then.
Yeah, exactly. I think Tobias wrecked the show's internal logic and sense of progression (a big part of why I didn't bother with BW at all).

I have very few expectations to ever see Tobias again but I'd really prefer if he gets wrapped up somehow. Even just seeing him in the PWC but lose off-screen to Leon or something would be some sort of answer to how powerful he's supposed to be instead of always wondering if he was the real strongest trainer in the world and just never bothered with the PWC.
Even Alain had an upper limit that we saw.

Honestly, I have wondered what Tobias' deal was. He's clearly way too powerful for a regional championship if the best anyone can do is knocking out two of his team in a full battle (Alain was almost as OP for most of the league but Ash at least got him down to one left). What is with him?

Yeah, exactly. I think Tobias wrecked the show's internal logic and sense of progression (a big part of why I didn't bother with BW at all).

I have very few expectations to ever see Tobias again but I'd really prefer if he gets wrapped up somehow. Even just seeing him in the PWC but lose off-screen to Leon or something would be some sort of answer to how powerful he's supposed to be instead of always wondering if he was the real strongest trainer in the world and just never bothered with the PWC.
Even Alain had an upper limit that we saw.
True, the lack of an upper limit and a clear motivation makes him way too “mystical” within the show’s consistency. If we’d gotten any insight into where the hell he came from or what he did next, we could somewhat compare, but instead we’re stuck in this limbo where the guy is on an unreachable pedestal because for all we know the Sinnoh league might have been either a long lived goal that took him sweat and blood to achieve or a quick excuse to skip the dishes over the weekened.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom