• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

OU Rain Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina

been a while but i'm still battlin'
Reaction score
I need some help here.. I've never battled OU before, but since my BLish team doesn't exactly.. work... anymore I felt I needed to convert one of my favorite team themes into probably the most common format.

Some notes first, though. This is directly copypasted from Notepad, so excuse the weaknesses and resistances added there. I put those there for my convienece so I don't have to look them up all the time. XD; The names inbetween the slashes are the Pokemon's nicknames, again there for my convienence so I don't forget what I wanted to name them. Pokemon lacking slashes I just didn't feel like coming up with nicknames at the time. XP

This is for Wi-Fi!

145.png

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
:: Rain Dance
:: Thunder
:: Hidden Power {Ice | Grass | Water} / Roost
:: U-Turn

Lead, sets up the rain and either stays in and beats up stuff or gets the hell out of there with U-Turn. If I don't get a good Hidden Power type, I shall use Roost.

395.png

Empoleon @ Choice Specs ~ /Lana Skye/
Nature: Modest
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 4 Spd
:: Surf
:: Ice Beam
:: Grass Knot
:: Hidden Power {Electric} / Signal Beam

I'm wondering if I should switch around Rotom-W and Empoleon's roles.. they're both bulky and I wanted to use both of them, so I wonder if I should run a bulky Empoleon and a Specs Rotom-W or not. D: They both have good typing and they're both bulky AND good at attacking at the same time.. so I was kinda torn here.

Spr_4d_230.png

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 180 HP, 252 Atk, 76 Spd
:: Dragon Dance
:: Waterfall
:: Outrage
:: Substitute

Oh, how I love Substitute. So, so much. <3 Simple idea, use Substitute to nab myself a DD or two to boost my attack, and let loose with Waterfall or Outrage. I had a lot of ideas for this set.. mixed with Hydro Pump/Sub/Waterfall/Outrage, or running Return over DD so I wouldn't have to lock myself into Outrage often.. help?

385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers ~ /JIRACHI/
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: Need help~ (IVs: 27 / 29 / 23 / 27 / 31 / 6 in order of HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Speed)
:: Wish
:: U-Turn
:: Zen Headbutt
:: Light Screen / Reflect

...A shiny Jirachi might look odd, but he passes the hack check. I promise. D: ...Anyway. I need help with the EVs. I also can't really stand going without Wish support most of the time.. Strategy is to Wish and then U-turn to something that needs some good luck and a wish. Fairly simple.

260.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
:: Earthquake
:: Avalanche
:: Waterfall
:: Stealth Rock

Might change Swampy to something more.. I dunno, specialized. But he's the physical wall of the gang and soaks up them Electric hits. Might be a little risky with a lot of things with Electric attacks having a Grass move, though.. which is why I might want to change it. Suggestions? ^^;

Spr_4p_479W.png

Rotom-W @ Damp Rock ~ /Lavar/
Nature: Calm
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 136 Def, 120 SpDef
:: Rain Dance
:: Thunder
:: Hydro Pump
:: Shadow Ball / Hidden Power {Ice}

I'm really, REALLY sure that you can use Rotom formes over Wi-Fi. Since I own Platinum and all, I can manage with transferring my team over to it and battling with it. XD Anyway. Here's my secondary Rain Dance setup. I might add another RDer since I found with my last rain team, I ran out of Rain really quickly. Anyway. Specially bulky Rotom that likes to beat up stuff. Like I said with Empoleon, I might switch around Rotom and Empoleon's roles..

ANYWAY. Sorry if this is a little tl;dr.. just one more thing though.. I feel like this team doesn't require the rain *too* much, seeing as there's no Swift Swimmers or anything.. but I'm welcome to any Pokemon changes seeing as I haven't gotten a start on this team at all yet, bar owning Jirachi/Piplup/Bagon untouched.

Last edited:
Maybe Ludicolo instead of Rotom? You already have some electric attacks, and he can use the rain nicely.

Hmmm.. Ludicolo does sound pretty tempting. It'd give me more of a reason to use the rain, seeing as I lack any Swift Swimmers at the moment - would of squeezed Kingdra in here somewhere since my old one kicks so much ass, but it didn't seem to fit as well as everything else. :<

I personally would keep rotom because it cannot be hit by normal types (ghost type) so you have a advantage over normal types.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated with new stuff, including Jirachi's IVs and a replacement (Salamence for Kingdra)

I really want some help out with this so I can get a start on it.. I try not to be so impatient with rates and all, but I'm really eager to start out on an OU team. DX

Hmmm I would keep kingdra since it only has a single weakness and good stats. For my rain teams I always use ELECTRIVE since its immune to the electric boost it gives both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom